Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tycen Anderson cut?
Given that Bates and Bell each played 98+% of the snaps last year, and Michael Thomas player th e 3rd highest special teams snaps last year, what does Tycen Anderson have to do to make this team?
Reply/Quote
Show up and stay healthy?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he is being cut anytime soon. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time Friday Night. I also think he could replace Thomas on special teams also.
Reply/Quote
play well during practice, show up for special teams, and oh yeah make picks during a game and if one turns out to be a pick 6 even better

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He should lead the team in STs tackles.
Reply/Quote
it appears he is doing the things he needs to do already

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The battle for special teams ace at Safety is between Thomas and Scott.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
After seeing what sort of game changing traits that last year's 5th round selection Tycen Anderson has to offer, it's really difficult for me to imagine him getting cut. The last Safety that the Bengals drafted in the 5th round also turned out to be pretty good after some development, anyone remember George Iloka?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He's emerging as a good news story, has a cheap contract, and is basically entering his rookie season since he was unhealthy last year. I think he's making the team.
Reply/Quote
Guy has 2 ints and one for a TD and people are asking if he going to be cut? I think asking if hes going to be the starter alongside Dax is more fair.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 09:19 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Guy has 2 ints and one for a TD and people are asking if he going to be cut?  I think asking if hes going to be the starter alongside Dax is more fair.

Everyone is just trying to figure out the numbers. I don't think the Bengals have went with 5 safeties in a while now it's been 7 corners. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 09:19 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Guy has 2 ints and one for a TD and people are asking if he going to be cut?  I think asking if hes going to be the starter alongside Dax is more fair.

judging by how Mike Thomas responded when asked I see him gunning for a coaching job soon....I think he knows the deal here
He gave a great answer.  
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's emerging as a good new story, has a cheap contract, and is basically entering his rookie season since he was unhealthy last year. I think he's making the team.

Yep. I'd say he has a better than average shot. 
Reply/Quote
He's a lock to make the 53.

He would be snapped up in a second if they tried to stash him on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
Is this a joke? Guys goes out and gets 2 interceptions and we have a thread on here if he's going to be cut.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's emerging as a good new story, has a cheap contract, and is basically entering his rookie season since he was unhealthy last year. I think he's making the team.

Ahhhh. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Feels like home now.  :)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Keep playing like he did Friday night.
Reply/Quote
I think he is the 4th safety on the roster. I’m not sure who is going to knock him off the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhhh. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Feels like home now.  :)

LOL

Ross holds the record though. He had like 5 "rookie" seasons.
Reply/Quote
No way we keep Thonas & cut Anderson. No chance. Thomas

We cut Thomas in 2021 and noonepucked him up. He's 2 years older now. He has little utility iutside specials..No one is gonna cut someone to make room for him.

Most likely: Anderson kept,,Thonas cut/PS
Not unlikely: keep both
Very unlikely: keep Thonas, cut Anderson
Reply/Quote