Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Tyler Boyd
Boyd was overpaid the last couple seasons but he signed long term during a time most wouldn’t have (theoretically given the state of the franchise ant the time) and he earned every penny in my book.

With that said his time is up. Wish him well and maybe someone will give him a big contract, and more targets. A safety net for a young QB.

I’ll be rooting for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-01-2024, 10:56 PM)Housh Wrote: This is insane

Not the trade for value idea, but the idea that Iv seen a few times that Boyd isn’t good or doesn’t move the needle

If you guys think Boyd isn’t good then i hope you are ready for him to leave because we are about to learn just all that Boyd did.

Willing to go over the middle and die for a catch, great hands, DECEPTIVE speed, great feet, TEAM PLAYER, and just a nice guy.

We are gonna miss Boyd if he leaves. The only excuse i can think of to let him go is if you convinced yourself we needed a speedier guy in the slot

Ask the fans he screwed over at that signing how nice he is…

As for his skill set at this point, he’s entirely replaceable. Next year will be his age 30 season, and he has been steadily dropping off for a while now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(01-01-2024, 10:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This was always about using Boyd's value 2 years ago to obtain a high end olineman and a potential 2nd round pick.  I still think we would have been better off with those 2 than Boyd last year & this season.

This is an impossible question to answer. Too many what if/speculation. I think we don't use Boyd to his full potential and in part I get it because Chase and Higgins are more big play threats. People didn't want to trade Boyd because we have seen his potential. But it's impossible to answer because your assuming the Bengals asking price wasn't going to be too high (which it was) your also assuming we would either A) get a player that would work out or B) Not have the Bengals just pocket the $$ for future contracts. If your gonna speculate on those things then we might as well go back in time and assume Boyd would've done better if given the targets. 
Only question now is what do we do with Higgins? 

Not the trade for value idea, but the idea that Iv seen a few times that Boyd isn’t good or doesn’t move the needle

If you guys think Boyd isn’t good then i hope you are ready for him to leave because we are about to learn just all that Boyd did.

Willing to go over the middle and die for a catch, great hands, DECEPTIVE speed, great feet, TEAM PLAYER, and just a nice guy.

We are gonna miss Boyd if he leaves. The only excuse i can think of to let him go is if you convinced yourself we needed a speedier guy in the slot

Not me - I love Boyd. That said, he took a discernible 1-2 steps back IMHO and we desperately need to spend some money on a D.

FWIW: I'm good with keeping THIS O "as is"...even the duo of Mixon and Chase Brown....as long as we go from worst D in the league to middle of the road....and this will cost loot so we need to make "sensible" cuts wherever we can.
I appreciate everything Boyd has given us but it's time to move on. This offense needs SPEED. We've seen it pay off at RB when Brown gets a chance. We've seen it pay off when Jamarr gets the ball. We need more of that! Boyd is more of a possession receiver and while that is valuable in this offense, speed is king in this league.

Boyd has been very average this year, and that's putting it nicely.  It is painfully obvious.  Of course we should have way more speed in the slot.   

The insanity is the overvalue this board puts on some players and the massive undervalue they put on others. 

(01-01-2024, 11:07 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is an impossible question to answer. Too many what if/speculation. I think we don't use Boyd to his full potential and in part I get it because Chase and Higgins are more big play threats. People didn't want to trade Boyd because we have seen his potential. But it's impossible to answer because your assuming the Bengals asking price wasn't going to be too high (which it was) your also assuming we would either A) get a player that would work out or B) Not have the Bengals just pocket the $$ for future contracts. If your gonna speculate on those things then we might as well go back in time and assume Boyd would've done better if given the targets. 
Only question now is what do we do with Higgins? 

The entire post was speculation and that was using 10M per to sign a higher quality free agent AND gain a draft pick, possibly an additional second round pick at the time.  

Boyds last year and this season were more valuable than a high dollar olineman and additional 2nd round pick in 2022?  I think I would take my chances with the 2 question marks if given the chance.