Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tyler Boyd
Not hearing too much about Tyler Boyd's injury but this had a big impact on the outcome of the game since the line was not as solid as they were against Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
I said this to my wife: he doesn't get hurt, I think we definitely score once or twice more.

He would've really helped on those 3rd downs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I said this to my wife: he doesn't get hurt, I think we definitely score once or twice more.

He would've really helped on those 3rd downs.

Boyd would have had a monster game yesterday. Sad

Reply/Quote
You beat me to the punch
Boyd's injury I think compromised the passing game
In some ways
If Tyler doesn't get hurt maybe the Chiefs don't
Double Tee and Jamar. And Burrow isn't taking
Shots downfield when all you need is 4 yds for a1st
Down. Boyd was already feasting on the Chiefs
Nickle CB to the tune of 40 yds on 2 catches
The Chiefs weren't afraid of Irwin at all.
Be nice to add a Mecole Hardman type to this
Offense next year .Irwin just doesn't have the
Wheels to make big chunk plays
Reply/Quote
Maybe never know with adjustments, KC was hurt alot with tones and Hardman going down...
Reply/Quote
Trenton Irwin didn't do much while playing 73% of the snaps when Boyd went out, which is a shame. Boyd was abusing whatever coverage they were trying on him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to look at WR this draft. I hate say it, but I think Boyd and maybe Higgins will be gone next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals need to look at WR this draft.  I hate say it, but I think Boyd and maybe Higgins will be gone next year.

TE for me
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: TE for me

For sure early.  Probably first pick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
For everyone saying we would have won with boyd, doesn’t that contradict The “burrow elevates everyone” ideology.

We can’t keep everyone and it seemed like losing Boyd was something we all generally accepted. How do we truly get better? Who can we afford to lose. Lots of questions to be answered this off-season and next.
Reply/Quote
Boyd going against the back up slot corner was looking like a home run match up

Couldve used him out there. He was looking like the x factor
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:58 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: For everyone saying we would have won with boyd, doesn’t that contradict The “burrow elevates everyone” ideology.

We can’t keep everyone and it seemed like losing Boyd was something we all generally accepted. How do we truly get better? Who can we afford to lose. Lots of questions to be answered this off-season and next.

I will say that I don't believe Burrow needs this kind of corp to be successful, but I also think the drop from Boyd to Irwin is quite substantial. Irwin is a fringe NFL player. I know many here like him, but he isn't very good. I think that is where the sweet spot lies. Burrow is likely making Irwin look better than he is already, and the problem is that he is a practice squad caliber receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I will say that I don't believe Burrow needs this kind of corp to be successful, but I also think the drop from Boyd to Irwin is quite substantial. Irwin is a fringe NFL player. I know many here like him, but he isn't very good. I think that is where the sweet spot lies. Burrow is likely making Irwin look better than he is already, and the problem is that he is a practice squad caliber receiver. 

We’ve seen it two years in a row now. I’d argue Burrow made CJ look better than he is, too.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:58 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: For everyone saying we would have won with boyd, doesn’t that contradict The “burrow elevates everyone” ideology.

We can lose Boyd if we can upgrade the Oline. When the OL is compromised like yesterday and Burrow does not have time to throw, a slot WR like Boyd is really important.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve seen it two years in a row now. I’d argue Burrow made CJ look better than he is, too.

Yeah, I think it is completely fair to say that. These guys may not post eye popping numbers so people don't think they are overproducing but in comparison to their ability, they certainly are. Irwin has a decent chance of never eclipsing 10 catches in a season again. That's the kind of player he is. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd would have had a monster game yesterday. Sad

I think so, he was off to a good start. Hun being out is the reason why KC was able to double both Higgins & Chase. I don’t remember even seeing Irwin catch a pass? Did he have a catch?
Reply/Quote
We have got to design plays that allow these receivers to run after the catch. I saw a few but damn it seemed like every catch was contested yet every KC catch was wide open.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We have got to design plays that allow these receivers to run after the catch. I saw a few but damn it seemed like every catch was contested yet every KC catch was wide open.

Pat was getting 4+ seconds on some of those throws. Even scrub WR’s will break open after that long.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:05 PM)mitano Wrote: We can lose Boyd if we can upgrade the Oline. When the OL is compromised like yesterday and Burrow does not have time to throw, a slot WR like Boyd is really important.

well i like to see Burrow do a bit more of Mahomes, take a deeper drop  at times especially when your line is overmatched.. Seems like since we drafted Burrow it is improve the line.. maybe we need to look at coaching also... maybe a change out with Pollack , it just seems every year we disappointed with Oline
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We have got to design plays that allow these receivers to run after the catch. I saw a few but damn it seemed like every catch was contested yet every KC catch was wide open.

part of that was Mahomes giving the WR time, watch he takes a deeper drop at time anticipating the rush.. there is a reason he is the best QB in the NFL now.
Reply/Quote