Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd
Time for this young man to step up and be a difference maker.
Reply/Quote
Like what I have seen so far.

Sadly though, not sure Dalton is getting enough pocket time to look at more than his first read.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Its not his job to take anything over
Reply/Quote
The only thing that can salvage these Bengals is if the O-line and D-line step up their game several notches.

Many, many notches for O-line.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'll be honest, I had high hopes for him this year and he's disappointed.

I still think he has a very bright future as an NFL player with us but was hoping to see more at this point of the season.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The only thing that can salvage these Bengals is if the O-line and D-line step up their game several notches.

The OL fell down in a pit somewhere and I don't think anyone can find a rope long enough.

Reply/Quote
Time for him to make catches before the game is already lost.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He may need to work on breaking his route as opposed to finishing it because with Dalton having no time and being forced to scramble, Boyd will have to adjust accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The only thing that can salvage these Bengals is if the O-line and D-line step up their game several notches.

Yep. If they somehow find the magic elixir to fix the trenches this team will once again be an immediate contender. Unfortunately I'm not sure it's going to happen. In fact, I'd confidently bet against it at this point.

We will get beat like a drum on Sunday, again. Cry

Reply/Quote
He's a rookie WR. Only the best of the best step up, and be difference makers.... Moss, Boldin, Green, Julio guys like that do it. Tyler Boyd isn't on that level.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
To be fair; he's almost caught up to the receiving yards Marvin Jones had in his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
He's definitely dissapointed me with the hype he received even out of Pitt. I thought his hands were like glue,hes had some big drops,hes not making big plays fpr us,even thpugh dalton has went back to missing wide open guys,he could have had one big play sunday.
Reply/Quote
Let's revisit Tyler Boyd after Andy Dalton is no longer trapped under a pile of opposing linemen and linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let's revisit Tyler Boyd after Andy Dalton is no longer trapped under a pile of opposing linemen and linebackers.

I agree. Dalton doesn't really have a lot of time right now so he's not going to go right to Boyd. Dalton probably even looks Gio's way quicker if there's too much pressure. I think that if the offensive line actually starts playing then we can probably see a improvement.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let's revisit Tyler Boyd after Andy Dalton is no longer trapped under a pile of opposing linemen and linebackers.

Stop it, I mean he's getting a good amount of pressure,but sometimes you got to maneuver in the pocket and look down field. I believe Dalton makes things look worse. He gets panicky and always runs out the first sight of pressure he's always done this. I believe he's converted more back to the pre Hugh era where hes scared in the pocket, and rushes throws, and doesn't make good decisions. I seen one good play he threw to Boyd and he flat out dropped it. I just wondered how would mccarpn look wwith this pressure I believe he's better in the pocket,which is one of his strengths.when Dalton did have time he's just not connecting. I remember one drive they did the same sideline route to green twice, both incomplete, both had time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:22 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Stop it, I mean he's getting a good amount of pressure,but sometimes you got to maneuver in the pocket and look down field. I believe Dalton makes things look worse. He gets panicky and always runs out the first sight of pressure he's always done this. I believe he's converted more back to the pre Hugh era where hes scared in the pocket, and rushes throws, and doesn't make good decisions. I seen one good play he threw to Boyd and he flat out dropped it. I just wondered how would mccarpn look wwith this pressure I believe he's better in the pocket,which is one of his strengths.when Dalton did have time he's just not connecting. I remember one drive they did the same sideline route to green twice, both incomplete, both had time. 

What pocket?  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I agree. Dalton doesn't really have a lot of time right now so he's not going to go right to Boyd. Dalton probably even looks Gio's way quicker if there's too much pressure. I think that if the offensive line actually starts playing then we can probably see a improvement.

I'm really starting to think gio is way overrated with our fans, it's been awhile that I've thought he was actually good. Seems like our fans try to make him to be Barry sanders.he got his carries last game and hardly helped us. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What pocket?  

Dumb comment
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:22 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Stop it, I mean he's getting a good amount of pressure,but sometimes you got to maneuver in the pocket and look down field. I believe Dalton makes things look worse. He gets panicky and always runs out the first sight of pressure he's always done this. I believe he's converted more back to the pre Hugh era where hes scared in the pocket, and rushes throws, and doesn't make good decisions. I seen one good play he threw to Boyd and he flat out dropped it. I just wondered how would mccarpn look wwith this pressure I believe he's better in the pocket,which is one of his strengths.when Dalton did have time he's just not connecting. I remember one drive they did the same sideline route to green twice, both incomplete, both had time. 
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm really starting to think gio is way overrated with our fans, it's been awhile that I've thought he was actually good. Seems like our fans try to make him to be Barry sanders.he got his carries last game and hardly helped us. 

Goo has a lot of yards from scrimmage this year. He normally does every year. Gio is a lot better than what you think.
Reply/Quote