Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd benched or injured?
(09-15-2017, 08:50 PM)Brimey Wrote: "It's toxic in here"

Vets need to band together and march up to mike browns office. Be respectful. He is apparently receptive to players

unfortunately it's too late for that.  It needed to happen over the offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble.  Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

Total Bullshit I agree. That's how you destroy a great rookies confidence.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but I'm convinced that Ericson should have been cut.  He's not impressing me as a returner.  More like Mr. Fair Catch, or head straight for the sideline.  Dude appears to be afraid of contact.  His receiving ain't all that, either.  Track speed is great, so long as it is in the man with the heart of a football player.

Wait what? He was the second best receiver last night (4 for 62 yards) &  made a big catch to get us in the red zone. Was good on his  2 kickoff returns and decent on punt returns outside of the fair catches. Totaled 133 yards on returns. In total he had 195 yards when he had the ball.

I honestly dont get the hate on him, maybe its cause he is white or something I dont know. Kid is good and better than most in the league on returns.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble.  Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

Agreed. Bob Trumpy was on the radio with Lapham was talking about this, and basically called out the coaches on it. So he would agree too, and he knows a thing or two about football for sure.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The one fair catch was a bad one, I'll give you that...
but the guy you are hating on has the 2nd most receiving yards on this putrid offense  :andy:

I personally like him because he finds a way to get open when the QB scrambles, something our other receivers have never been trained on how to do.

^ This

Rock On
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Wait what? He was the second best receiver last night (4 for 62 yards) &  made a big catch to get us in the red zone. Was good on his  2 kickoff returns and decent on punt returns outside of the fair catches. Totaled 133 yards on returns. In total he had 195 yards when he had the ball.

I honestly dont get the hate on him, maybe its cause he is white or something I dont know. Kid is good and better than most in the league on returns.

Looked like he could have used a healthy dose of courage, to me.  Guy heads straight for the sideline.  How could you not notice that?  

Nice job on the 4 catches, but did you ever consider the idea that the defense left him open because they don't see him as a serious threat?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Pittsburgh boy wants to go back to Pittsburgh??  Ninja

But seriously, I'm surprised by this. I mean, if be fuming playing for this years Bengals but I never thought Boyd would act out like this.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Was thinking the same thing last night myself. He took forever to get going last season then kinda took off. I was kinda on the fence about keeping him. But man there was at least one fair catch he called last night that I could have taken for 10 yards myself. And another one or two where I was like huh ?

Then like you say if he does field it he heads right for the sideline post haste ! Not impressed with his returning. To be fair he has stepped it up as a receiver. 

I understand what you're saying (and I've never understood the Erickson love), but you can't hardly blame the guy. I think the coaching has the players so confused they're afraid to take any chances or make any mistakes at all, because they've seen playing time get cut drastically when they do. They've seen what happens when you fumble, haven't they? Thing is, you're not going to win games if you play it safe all the time. Lawd Gawd, I wish I could say that to Marvin!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Total Bullshit I agree. That's how you destroy a great rookies confidence.

Absolutely 

You fall off the horse you get right back on or it can become mental.

This was foolish of Marvin to do.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looked like he could have used a healthy dose of courage, to me.  Guy heads straight for the sideline.  How could you not notice that?  

Nice job on the 4 catches, but did you ever consider the idea that the defense left him open because they don't see him as a serious threat?  

He isnt the best punt returner out there, that is why Pacman did a couple of returns. And he has room to improve for sure. But kickoff returns he is literally one of the best in the league. Last year he was 1st in yards returned and 2nd in average behind Patterson of the Vikings, who I thought the Bengals should have went after. This year he is already 2nd in average kr yards.

Of course the Texans didnt see him as a threat with AJ and Eifert out there. But when given the opportunities like he was given last night, he made the most of them. Players with solid hands like his that make the catches when needed are huge to an offense with big time weapons like AJ & Eifert. 

I see his arrow pointing up (if this was Madden), and he is only getting better being in his second year now.

Reply/Quote
Think it is a wake-up call for Boyd.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:06 PM)jason Wrote: This.

The guy played 5 snaps last night. Let the kid redeem himself. There ain't a guy in the league that would have held onto that ball. Perfect hit by whom ever that bastard was.
Same thing happened to Bernard his rookie year. He gets two hands on the ball when the tacklers close in now. Hopefully ross does the same ongoing.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:04 PM)snowy Wrote: I understand what you're saying (and I've never understood the Erickson love), but you can't hardly blame the guy. I think the coaching has the players so confused they're afraid to take any chances or make any mistakes at all, because they've seen playing time get cut drastically when they do. They've seen what happens when you fumble, haven't they? Thing is, you're not going to win games if you play it safe all the time. Lawd Gawd, I wish I could say that to Marvin!

You are probably spot on about the fear. And I'm not hating on the guy. His receiving has taken a big step forward ! But man he seemed awful timid last night on punt returns.

I'd love to have like 2 minutes to talk to Marvin. I'd say you know that feeling when it's the bottom of the 9th with two on and two out down by three runs and your clean up guy strikes out looking ? You know that gawd $#%^ swing the friggin bat feeling ?

That's how we feel when you punt at the opponents 40 down three scores with 10 minutes left.

Go down swinging for crying out loud
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:28 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: On today's radio show, Lap suggested that is was an attitude/effort problem.

That didnt take long.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:18 PM)El guapo Wrote: Same thing happened to Bernard his rookie year. He gets two hands on the ball when the tacklers close in now. Hopefully ross does the same ongoing.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Wish they would just use the kid as a WR instead of a RB. 
Reply/Quote
He is pissed marvin is running a shit show?

Shame more players havent sent a message to marvin.

Him being the point man doesnt work hasnt worked and wont work
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: First reports were benched, then hamstring injury and today were back to benched.

Lack of effort/concentration?
Not blocking on run plays?
Violation of team rules?

From the lackluster effort I saw in week 1 (jogging routes, no separation), I think he might be a little pissed at the Ross and Malone selections.

Tough shit, pittsburg *****.  Competition improves the breed.  Either step up or step aside.  Douche. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but I'm convinced that Ericson should have been cut.  He's not impressing me as a returner.  More like Mr. Fair Catch, or head straight for the sideline.  Dude appears to be afraid of contact.  His receiving ain't all that, either.  Track speed is great, so long as it is in the man with the heart of a football player.

Surprised to see you say this....as someone that watches every receiver route, multiple times, I see Erickson getting separation quicker and better than the likes of Eifert, Lafell, and (week 1) Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Wait what? He was the second best receiver last night (4 for 62 yards) &  made a big catch to get us in the red zone. Was good on his  2 kickoff returns and decent on punt returns outside of the fair catches. Totaled 133 yards on returns. In total he had 195 yards when he had the ball.

Beat me to it, plus the fair catches were in the face of an unblocked gunner.  The blocker was right next to him, but was beat and couldn't do anything about it.  Which also pissed me off...their f'n gunner ran the whole way out of bounds, and never tried to come back in...the Bengals couldn't hit him, but it should have been a penalty. 
Reply/Quote
Surprised by the Erickson comment myself. I thought he brought a spark when they needed it badly. Hope he sticks around.
Reply/Quote