Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd benched or injured?
(09-15-2017, 11:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Surprised to see you say this....as someone that watches every receiver route, multiple times, I see Erickson getting separation quicker and better than the likes of Eifert, Lafell, and (week 1) Boyd.

It likely wasn't hard to beat coverage, when both of their starting CBs were out, and the Safeties had to help the backup CBs.  What does that leave to cover Ericson, a LB?  Funny, with that being the case that the Bengals still couldn't exploit that into points in the endzone.  I know that many fans are always big on the up and comer, but I told another member of this board last night, in real time, that watching Ericson do returns actually made me miss Brandon Tate.  Tate had his flaws, but he never looked like a chicken shit avoiding contact..  The job of the return man is to be fearless, Ericson looks scared.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't be shocked if Lazor moves Erickson up on the WR depth chart as he will (hopefully) be on the receivers big time about separating.
Reply/Quote
I bet he is back and better now that Zampese is gone!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It likely wasn't hard to beat coverage, when both of their starting CBs were out, and the Safeties had to help the backup CBs.  What does that leave to cover Ericson, a LB?  Funny, with that being the case that the Bengals still couldn't exploit that into points in the endzone.  I know that many fans are always big on the up and comer, but I told another member of this board last night, in real time, that watching Ericson do returns actually made me miss Brandon Tate.  Tate had his flaws, but he never looked like a chicken shit avoiding contact..  The job of the return man is to be fearless, Ericson looks scared.

Not missing Tate at all. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It likely wasn't hard to beat coverage, when both of their starting CBs were out, and the Safeties had to help the backup CBs.  What does that leave to cover Ericson, a LB?  Funny, with that being the case that the Bengals still couldn't exploit that into points in the endzone.  I know that many fans are always big on the up and comer, but I told another member of this board last night, in real time, that watching Ericson do returns actually made me miss Brandon Tate.  Tate had his flaws, but he never looked like a chicken shit avoiding contact..  The job of the return man is to be fearless, Ericson looks scared.

2nd in NFL in KR average (27.9)
19th in PR average (7.0)

2nd in the NFL in KR average (29.0)
7th in PR average (10.1)

As for his stat line last night (4-62-0)...he can't help who covers him. He got open and caught the ball. Whether or not you think he looks scared, the production is there. I think you're being a little rough on the guy. I like his fire and his potential. He seems like a Patriots player to me, and no not just because he's a white WR. He just does what's asked and produces at whatever they have him do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I don't know what he looked like as far as his facial expressions, but he had a damn nice return that last KO to set the Bengals up well for a final chance.  

Those backup CBs didn't give Lafell, Eifert, or AJ any room, either.  That bomb to AJ the defender got there too soon and whiffed.  But three defenders were right there.

I don't know if they are telegraphing their routes, but they sure as hell weren't getting any separation.

Just as big a disgrace was the fact that even with two deep safeties, the Bengals couldn't run the ball.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Don't be shocked if Lazor moves Erickson up on the WR depth chart as he will (hopefully) be on the receivers big time about separating.

That would be on my to-do list if I was him, along with getting better run blocking out of the interior, having deeper drops for Dalton, and having the RBs do a better job of not going down with first contact.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Agreed. Bob Trumpy was on the radio with Lapham was talking about this, and basically called out the coaches on it. So he would agree too, and he knows a thing or two about football for sure.

.....wait. I thought these coaches were infallible. Ninja

That really got under my skin too. Ross even had the ball tucked properly in the correct arm. Just a well timed and placed hit by the defender. It happens.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Brandon Tate ? Not sure we are watching the same thing.
Reply/Quote

[Image: al-bundy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not missing Tate at all. 

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking there.  

(09-16-2017, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2016
19th in PR average (7.0)

7th in PR average (10.1)

As for his stat line last night (4-62-0)...he can't help who covers him. He got open and caught the ball. Whether or not you think he looks scared, the production is there. I think you're being a little rough on the guy. I like his fire and his potential. He seems like a Patriots player to me, and no not just because he's a white WR. He just does what's asked and produces at whatever they have him do.

All fair points.  When I seen what appeared to be him taking an easy path, straight to the sideline, a couple returns in a row, it just kind of soured my opinion of him.

(09-16-2017, 06:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know what he looked like as far as his facial expressions, but he had a damn nice return that last KO to set the Bengals up well for a final chance.  

Yes, he did.  I must have missed that one, on a run to the kitchen.

(09-16-2017, 06:48 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Brandon Tate ?  Not sure we are watching the same thing.

Yes, poor example on my part.

(09-16-2017, 09:14 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: al-bundy.gif]

I deserve that.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble.  Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

Just another example of the weird and wacky culture of a Marvin team.   Accountability, right?  Too bad it doesn't apply across the board and from the top down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 09:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All fair points.  When I seen what appeared to be him taking an easy path, straight to the sideline, a couple returns in a row, it just kind of soured my opinion of him.

Maybe he just didn't see any lanes on those particular returns? Idk. I don't think the kid is flawless or anything, but a bright spot for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Y'all are hacking on Ericson? He's been the only somewhat bright spot on this offense this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble.  Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

I wonder if the Chiefs would have won against the Patriots if they benched Tyreek Hill after his first play
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Y'all are hacking on Ericson? He's been the only somewhat bright spot on this offense this season.

Not them, just me.  I questioned his courage/effort, after watching him take the quick route out of bounds, on a couple of returns.  Then, the others pointed to all of the good contributions that he made, and I was compelled to reconsider my stance.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 02:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I wonder if the Chiefs would have won against the Patriots if they benched Tyreek Hill after his first play

Kareem Hunt?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 03:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Kareem Hunt?

lol, yeah. my bad.
Reply/Quote

I tweeted this after Marvin punted the ball against Baltimore when there was time (9:54) in the 4th quarter and the Bengals were in enemy territory. It seems like players are losing hope and faith in their coaches.

We've seen it from player's this offseason. Toxicity roaming around apparently.

This is yet another team Marvin Lewis has lost. There's no bad eggs (besides Adam Jones).

This is on him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2016
19th in PR average (7.0)

7th in PR average (10.1)

uh, all things considered Erickson DID his job very well. I'd say he was our best guy (not on D...which is Geno). And Yes>> Tate ever was.
Reply/Quote