Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd facing charges from July crash.
Maybe this was why he has been limited and was a healthy scratch.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/nfl-player-former-clairton-pitt-star-boyd-facing-drug-charges-after-crash/620091803
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:14 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Maybe this was why he has been limited and was a healthy scratch.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/nfl-player-former-clairton-pitt-star-boyd-facing-drug-charges-after-crash/620091803

I think they just wanted to activate ross...  (and the other WRs are big on STs)

If it was due to this I doubt they would have had him playing last week.

Bengals will let the due process work itself out before they do anything to boyd. Hopefully it was a rental car he was letting a friend use. or a car he had loaned out potentially. Although with no proof someone else was operating the vehicle I think it will fall back to him anyways.

Good luck Boyd. May you not serve much jail time.

OH and if you have to flee the scene... Take anything Illegal with you. :facepalm;
Reply/Quote
Was just hearing this on the radio...what a dumbass. My question is, why is he playing over other guys when he clearly doesn't get it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was just hearing this on the radio...what a dumbass.  My question is, why is he playing over other guys when he clearly doesn't get it?

Cody Core ! 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was just hearing this on the radio...what a dumbass.  My question is, why is he playing over other guys when he clearly doesn't get it?

Well hes healthy and talented...   And might not have told anyone about this.
Reply/Quote
Theres another early round draft pick down the drain.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Non issue.

He wasn't charged with a DUI or DWI.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Non issue.

Thanks, wasn't going to jump to conclusions on something i know nothing about.

Never even heard about this before. Kept it real quiet.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Non issue.

It is an issue. This incident coupled with why he hasn't been playing is very telling. The coaching staff is obviously not happy with him on and off the field. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He tweeted something about it then deleted the tweet. did anyone happen to see it?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Boyd followed Cris Carter's "Get a fall man" advise.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: He tweeted something about it then deleted the tweet.  did anyone happen to see it?

Everybody chill out i wasn't present at the crash nor did i have anything to do with it period. It was just my car

— Tyler Boyd (@boutdat_23) October 5, 2017

That was the tweet in the story on ESPN.

Not sure what to make of all this, hopefully he wasn't involved but it makes you question what kind of people he has in his life.

Also would love to know why an accident from July is just now becoming an issue?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
wouldn't expect that from him.......with that being said after you crash why wouldn't you get rid of the alcohol and herbs?????? Facepalm

what an idiot! Rolleyes
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I don't think this is why the Bengals didn't play him, so much as another symptom of why the Bengals didn't play him. He played Week 1 and started Week 3 after all.

It's probably the alcohol/drugs/lazy routes/etc all combining together that's led to them being upset with him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
only time he's evaded the coverage all year
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: He tweeted something about it then deleted the tweet.  did anyone happen to see it?

Screenshots are forever, courtesy of Jim O:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2017/10/05/report-cincinnati-bengals-wide-receiver-tyler-boyd-facing-drug-charges/737137001/

Sorry if the link doesn't work. Interesting article, as always.
Reply/Quote
I don't quite get why the guy sucks. He was awesome at Pitt.

I think it's tough to join a team with a bonafide number 1 receiver when you have always been 'the guy'

This probably demoralized him/gave him a bad attitude year 1.

Year 2 rolls around and they draft another 'number 1 guy' from Wash with a higher draft pick.

IDK, but if I was Boyd I'd be pretty f****** livid.

I think the Bengals have done this kid wrong honestly, but that's just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 09:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't quite get why the guy sucks. He was awesome at Pitt.

I think it's tough to join a team with a bonafide number 1 receiver when you have always been 'the guy'

This probably demoralized him/gave him a bad attitude year 1.

Year 2 rolls around and they draft another 'number 1 guy' from Wash with a higher draft pick.

IDK, but if I was Boyd I'd be pretty f****** livid.

I think the Bengals have done this kid wrong honestly, but that's just my opinion.

Pretty much everyone who is drafted was awesome in college, or at least everyone first couple rounds. That's WHY they got drafted.

Blaming his F-ups/underwhelmingness and his inability to handle money, fame, and reality on the Bengals drafting other WRs/having AJ Green when he was drafted is weak as hell.

This is what happens when you draft someone born and raised in Pittsburgh, who already had a DUI on record. Draft shitty people, get shitty people.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 05:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It is an issue. This incident coupled with why he hasn't been playing is very telling. The coaching staff is obviously not happy with him on and off the field. 

Yes, we don't have all the details, yet.  However, my intuition tends to agree with your thoughts on the situation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm okay with letting things play out with the Bengals, the NFL, and the legal system, but Boyd's tweet that "everybody should chill out" makes him sound like an entitled punk, and that's what rankles.
Reply/Quote