Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Dragon's projected Week 14 OL
Tyler Dragon, the Bengals writer for Enquirer, just posted on Twitter that he thinks the OL will be:
LT - Adeniji
LG - XSF
C - Hopkins
RG - Spain
RT - Hart

I'm a bit surprised XSF and Spain aren't flip-flopped given XSF was playing RG during TC and in Week 1, plus Spain said he feels more comfortable at LG, but it is what it is.

Also, should we be surprised Hart is still out there after what seemed to be a blatant lack of effort at times in the MIA game? Should Fred Johnson be getting the start instead?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tyler Dragon, the Bengals writer for Enquirer, just posted on Twitter that he thinks the OL will be:
LT - Adeniji
LG - XSF
C - Hopkins
RG - Spain
RT - Hart

I'm a bit surprised XSF and Spain aren't flip-flopped given XSF was playing RG during TC and in Week 1, plus Spain said he feels more comfortable at LG, but it is what it is.

Also, should we be surprised Hart is still out there after what seemed to be a blatant lack of effort at times in the MIA game? Should Fred Johnson be getting the start instead?

No, but what choice will they have?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Tyler Dragon, the Bengals writer for Enquirer, just posted on Twitter that he thinks the OL will be:
LT - Adeniji
LG - XSF
C - Hopkins
RG - Spain
RT - Hart

Yes, he should for the rest of the year.

Bobby Hart's blatant lack of attempting pass protection should earn him the absolute last choice of RT for the rest of the year.

But we all know Jim Turner shows his incompetance by swinging on Hart's sack like a fanboy...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
My prediction for the starting OL in Week 14 :

LT - Who Cares
LG - Who Cares
C - Who Cares
RG - Who Cares
RT - Who Cares
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:16 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: My prediction for the starting OL in Week 14 :

LT - Who Cares
LG - Who Cares
C - Who Cares
RG - Who Cares
RT - Who Cares

I see it this way:

LT - Scrub
LG - Scrub
C - Lesser Scrub
RG - Scrub
RT - Major Scrub
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, but what choice will they have?

Fred is a much better tackle than he is a guard.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 08:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fred is a much better tackle than he is a guard.

So, what is Fred's issue?  He's definitely got the stature and length for OT.  Are his issues with physicality, or with athleticism?  Often times young Tackles are put at Guard for a year or two, in order to get their physicality up to the level of their athleticism.  Sadly, that usually doesn't work the other way around.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:16 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: My prediction for the starting OL in Week 14 :

LT - Who Cares
LG - Who Cares
C - Who Cares
RG - Who Cares
RT - Who Cares

I bet Ryan Finley cares???
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I bet Ryan Finley cares???

Why should he care when he knows he’s about to get sacked 6 times and hit on every passing play.

Kinda hope he fakes an injury so we can see that carousel keep going
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:40 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why should he care when he knows he’s about to get sacked 6 times and hit on every passing play.

Kinda hope he fakes an injury so we can see that carousel keep going

I remember when Peter Warrick was the emergency QB years ago and we had two QBs go down and he was almost ready to go in but the other QB was able to stay in the game.  That might have been fun to watch. 

It would have been Mo Sanu a few years ago.  Today's emergency QB?  I am going to guess it is Erickson today.  Think he was a HS QB.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember when Peter Warrick was the emergency QB years ago and we had two QBs go down and he was almost ready to go in but the other QB was able to stay in the game.  That might have been fun to watch. 

It would have been Mo Sanu a few years ago.  Today's emergency QB?  I am going to guess it is Erickson today.  Think he was a HS QB.  

I thought I remembered T Boyd being the emergency QB? No way you should hold me to that, but it seems I recall that being brought up in a game a couple years ago.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought I remembered T Boyd being the emergency QB? No way you should hold me to that, but it seems I recall that being brought up in a game a couple years ago.

Could be, even off his back foot he threw a catchable ball to the QB.   Had that play been blocked up it was an easy TD.  Of course, we could say that about a lot of plays.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought I remembered T Boyd being the emergency QB? No way you should hold me to that, but it seems I recall that being brought up in a game a couple years ago.

I think you're correct.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Could be, even off his back foot he threw a catchable ball to the QB.   Had that play been blocked up it was an easy TD.  Of course, we could say that about a lot of plays.  

LOL....most plays these days brother....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, but what choice will they have?

I would.

Hart isnt trying, fred at least seems like he wants to play. And this is what, his second season? He's only got room to grow. Give him a chance to build his skills with the next couple games as they don't matter anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I would.

Hart isnt trying, fred at least seems like he wants to play. And this is what, his second season? He's only got room to grow. Give him a chance to build his skills with the next couple games as they don't matter anyway.

I agree on getting Fred Johnson some valuable development time.  What I was not so obviously being sarcastic about when I said "No, but what choice to they have?", was alluding to the fact that we really have no higher quality Tackles to put out there.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what is Fred's issue?  He's definitely got the stature and length for OT.  Are his issues with physicality, or with athleticism?  Often times young Tackles are put at Guard for a year or two, in order to get their physicality up to the level of their athleticism.  Sadly, that usually doesn't work the other way around.

I'm not a line expert, so I'm guessing that at 6'7" he plays to high at guard and his opponents get under him and move him backwards. At tackle he can use that length as an asset. I really am just commenting on what I've seen though, he is decent at tackle and sucks at guard. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 04:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not a line expert, so I'm guessing that at 6'7" he plays to high at guard and his opponents get under him and move him backwards. At tackle he can use that length as an asset. I really am just commenting on what I've seen though, he is decent at tackle and sucks at guard. 

Michael Jordan is 6'6" and suffers from the same issue. Dude loses the leverage battle all the time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am curious to see if Hakeem A. has an easier time at LT. I also feel that Fred J. is better at LT than RT or guard. I still think Hakeem A. has the best feet of the OL but it may be from left side.

Also, I read somewhere, I don't remember, that Hart tips off pass pro with right foot placement.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember when Peter Warrick was the emergency QB years ago and we had two QBs go down and he was almost ready to go in but the other QB was able to stay in the game.  That might have been fun to watch. 

Erickson is the emergency QB nowadays. Boyd was the emergency QB a couple of years ago, but now he's too important for the offense. Don't need him behind this OL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote