Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler boyd
I bet Boyd will be just as productive as Jones his last year here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 01:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I bet Boyd will be just as productive as Jones his last year here.

I  agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 10:56 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Boyd
[Image: PyGaIBa]

Sanu
[Image: MkXyNlO]

You tell me.

Look at the comparison to the great Ocho Cinco. Almost exact same measurables. Please let him have a career like Chad's.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=126703&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=9028&draftyear=2001&genpos=
Reply/Quote
Sanu and Jones had 100 receptions for 1200 yards last year. That is about 6 catches per game fro 75 yards. I feel comfortable that LaFell and Boyd can replace that production.

The fact that we have a TE that can play like a WR makes a big difference also.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 09:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sanu and Jones had 100 receptions for 1200 yards last year.  That is about 6 catches per game fro 75 yards.  I feel comfortable that LaFell and Boyd can replace that production.  

The fact that we have a TE that can play like a  WR makes a big difference also.

Throw in Gio and there should be plenty of guys to catch passes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 01:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I bet Boyd will be just as productive as Jones his last year here.

Those are some big shoes to fill. Jones was our second leading receiver in both catches and receiving yards.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 11:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Those are some big shoes to fill. Jones was our second leading receiver in both catches and receiving yards.

I agree.  I doubt Boyd, as a rookie, will match Jones' production last year.

But I still think LaFell and Boyd combined can replace what Sanu and Jones gave us last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  I doubt Boyd, as a rookie, will match Jones' production last year.

But I still think LaFell and Boyd combined can replace what Sanu and Jones gave us last year.

Agreed, combined, they should match that production. The LaFell signing should turn out to be a good one for the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 11:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Those are some big shoes to fill. Jones was our second leading receiver in both catches and receiving yards.

Not really. Jones only had about 800 yards and 4 TDs.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 12:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not really. Jones only had about 800 yards and 4 TDs.

That is a lot for a rookie 2nd round pick with a couple of veterans in front of him.
Reply/Quote
Jones bailed Dalton out on some pretty long 3rd downs. Can't deny that. Hopefully Boyd can do the same.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 02:03 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Simply put, he's a smaller and less athletic Sanu (faster 40 doesn't equate better athlete). He's smoother in his routes and seems to have softer hands, but both have the same problem of getting separation. 

Sanu and Keenan Allen are two very accurate ceilings for him, and both were 3rd round players themselves. Hence why others and I thought the pick was a reach. 

As far as the offense not skipping a beat, we've no one outside of maybe Core who can replicate Jones's role, so, not sure about that.

This is probably the most inaccurate assessment on boyd that I have seen. Boyd is lightyears ahead of where sanu was coming out. Hes faster and much more atheletic than sanu. Hes also much better than sanu finding seperation. He does have a lot of contested catches because the entire defense would key on only him. Ive seen every single full game boyd had played since he got to pitt. Boyd has a way higher ceiling than sanu ever had and he has a chance to be better than keenan allen too so I wouldent say that is his ceiling. How much have you seen him play? Obviously not much other than your youtube "scouting"

Ps I dont put a ton of weight on 40 times...especially with a wr who wins on contested balls as much as boyd does. For what its worth he ran essentially the same 40 time as antonio brown at combine.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 12:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Jones bailed Dalton out on some pretty long 3rd downs. Can't deny that. Hopefully Boyd can do the same.

Honestly I don't think Dalton needs bailed out much. I think we have one of the best QBs in the NFL right now.

I found it interesting when Jay Gruden - in response to us losing MLJ and Sanu - said the Bengals would be fine and that Dalton would just go out and make someone else a few million. Look at what Gresh and Simpson have done since they left compared to how Dalton got them to produce. I think MLJ will produce in that high-volume Lions attack, but I can easily see Sanu being a bust.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is a very good ceiling. His biggest knock is obviously his speed, as it's not elite and he doesn't have a second gear. However, he can reach his top speed pretty quickly and use his feet to keep momentum in and out of routes. Boyd was one of the best route runners in this class and arguably the best. He only dropped 10 balls these past 2 seasons while he had 169 receptions. He was the main focal point of that offense and there was very subpar QB play. If he had an offense around him, he could have gone much higher since he saw double teams a ton of times.

People say "we need someone to take over the top" but seem to forget that that's exactly what Green does. Heck, Jones never had a reception for over 47 yards.

What we lacked was a true possession receiver. We thought we had it in Sanu but in an expanded role in 2014 he struggled. We've even seen some focus drops from Green. Boyd adds soft hands and a dynamic presence with his athletic ability and catch radius.

There's a lot to like about Boyd. Sure, he's not the fastest or the strongest, but he understands routes and can certainly make teams hurt by using his feet. He's quick in and out of breaks and has made some crazy, acrobatic catches throughout college.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 12:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I don't think Dalton needs bailed out much. I think we have one of the best QBs in the NFL right now.

I found it interesting when Jay Gruden - in response to us losing MLJ and Sanu - said the Bengals would be fine and that Dalton would just go out and make someone else a few million. Look at what Gresh and Simpson have done since they left compared to how Dalton got them to produce. I think MLJ will produce in that high-volume Lions attack, but I can easily see Sanu being a bust.

This.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 02:58 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Look at the comparison to the great Ocho Cinco. Almost exact same measurables. Please let him have a career like Chad's.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=126703&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=9028&draftyear=2001&genpos=

Wow. That's...kinda exciting to think about. Obviously no guarantees but I was definitely too conservative with my ceiling for this type of player. 

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2016, 12:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I don't think Dalton needs bailed out much. I think we have one of the best QBs in the NFL right now.

#Dalton4MVP
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
So I've watched Boyd's highlight reel twice now and its weird, both times I was reminded of a certain HoF player. I'm crazy for making this comparison but I think a lot of Boyds game is reminiscent of Andre Reed. Wouldn't that be something, lol. I know I'm being extra homery, and Boyd won't be the next Andre Reed, but I feel they have similar skill sets.
Reply/Quote
Also I love how "bailing your QB out" now means ur QB is bad. Not my intention at all. Marvin Jones, along with Eifert and AJ Green and even Gio have all "bailed Dalton out", just saying MJ was one of those guys Andy relied on in crucial 3rd and 4th down situations.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 10:22 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Also I love how "bailing your QB out" now means ur QB is bad. Not my intention at all. Marvin Jones, along with Eifert and AJ Green and even Gio have all "bailed Dalton out", just saying MJ was one of those guys Andy relied on in crucial 3rd and 4th down situations.

I wondered that as I posted, but you probably shouldn't have used the term "bailed out". 

"Bailed out" generally implies that the QB made a bad throw and the receiver had to make a big play to even get to the ball. Or that the QB himself in incapable of leading the receiver into yardage, so the receiver has to create some yards on his own.

Sorry if I got you wrong, but that's usually what I think of when someone says a receiver bailed out a QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote