Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
UDFA Thread-2023
(05-13-2023, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Saw Kirkland play a lot, dude is good. Big mauler. Glass eater type for sure. Shedrick Jackson has the Bo bloodline and runs a 4.25 forty.

Maxwell just filled up the stat sheet with Sacks and TFL at Chattanooga. This guy for sure could push for a spot if Carter doesn't step it 
up at 3-tech. Love BJ Hill but he is more of a tweener DT, in between a NT and a 3T IMO. We need to collapse the interior pocket in 
passing situations for our Defense to really become elite.

Good stuff on Carter, Pesefea and Heyward. Know nothing about them. Would like to see the colleges listed of these guys.

I know where Kirkland, Shedrick and Maxwell played but not the others...

Yep, just have to live with the fact Taylor and this staff do not value TE very much. Still want Wilcox back here, I like him better than 
Sample and Asiasi. I know nothing about this Trahan dude.

Viola!

III. UDFA's = 13 (89).

1. Jacob Saylors, RB, East Tennessee State [R]
2. Calvin Tyler, Jr., RB, Utah State [R]
3. Shedrick Jackson, WR, Auburn [R]
4. Malachi Carter, WR, Georgia Tecg [R]
5. Mac Hippenhammer, WR, Miami (OH) [R]
6. Christian Trahan, TE, Houston [R]
7. Jaxson Kirkland, OG, Washington [R]
8. Devonnsha Maxwell, DT, Tennessee-Chattanooga [R]
9. Tautala Pesefea, DT, Arizona State
10. Jaylen Moody, LB, Alabama [R]
11. Shaka Heyward, LB, Duke [R]
12. Tyler Murray, LB, Memphis
13. Larry Brooks III, S, Tulane [R]
------------------------
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 04:37 PM)Danimal Wrote: I hope he can stay healthy and make the squad. Seems solid to me.

Health has been Ben Brown's only problem, he has been a solid Center everywhere I have seen him play and I was surprised he went
undrafted and was really happy to see him land here. Dude could be good for us learning behind Ted. Trey Hill just cannot move with all
those knee injuries and his size. Sure can't move him though, but it doesn't matter if he is committing a false start all the time.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Viola!

III. UDFA's = 13 (89).

------------------------

Thanks Ike. Okay, I have seen Trahan play then as I watched a Houston game last year. I think I remember him having some nice grabs.

Saw Jalen Moody play of course, good player for Bama. Surprised he went undrafted. Malachi Carter being a WR on Georgia Tech is hard 
to judge as they don't throw the ball much. Now I remember Pesefea with the Sun Devils as well. Really helps when you see what college 
they are all from.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could definitely see Ben Brown making the team over Trey Hill who just seems to get a penalty every time he is in.

I think Brown and Hill competing for the backup center spot will be an interesting camp battle. The team was excited to get Brown last year and it seemed like he was on his way to the 53 before his injury.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Ike. Okay, I have seen Trahan play then as I watched a Houston game last year. I think I remember him having some nice grabs.

Saw Jalen Moody play of course, good player for Bama. Surprised he went undrafted. Malachi Carter being a WR on Georgia Tech is hard 
to judge as they don't throw the ball much. Now I remember Pesefea with the Sun Devils as well. Really helps when you see what college 
they are all from.

I see that Name MALACHI  and my first thought is...  "He Who Walks Behind The Rows" iykyk  lol...  
Reply/Quote
Interesting....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 11:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I see that Name MALACHI  and my first thought is...  "He Who Walks Behind The Rows" iykyk  lol...  

I know, right?? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 12:44 PM)pally Wrote: Interesting....

A good percentage of that 35k went to Jacob Saylors lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Viola!

III. UDFA's = 13 (89).

------------------------
Of this list of names, I am most interested in Maxwell. 32.5 sacks at the DT is insane, no matter what level you play at.... 
Reply/Quote

Bengals need to to better.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 12:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Of this list of names, I am most interested in Maxwell. 32.5 sacks at the DT is insane, no matter what level you play at.... 

I liked Maxwell during the draft process.  Figured 7th round.  He could get snatched up by another team.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 11:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I see that Name MALACHI  and my first thought is...  "He Who Walks Behind The Rows" iykyk  lol...  

Yeah lol

(05-16-2023, 12:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Of this list of names, I am most interested in Maxwell. 32.5 sacks at the DT is insane, no matter what level you play at.... 

Same here, will be watching this guy intently. You don't get those kinds of numbers without being a very talented pass rusher at DT.

His TFL numbers are also staggeringly impressive so he CAN stop the run in the backfield too and he isn't undersized like Kancey is.

(05-16-2023, 01:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I liked Maxwell during the draft process.  Figured 7th round.  He could get snatched up by another team.  

Need to make sure this doesn't happen if he really impresses and keep him on the roster. We need a pass rushing 3-tech to really 
put this Defense over the top and with Maxwell's numbers in college he could be the dude we need. I like how Zach Carter improved
last year as the year went on, but he wasn't no Geno for damn sure.
Reply/Quote

I just saw this and was about to post it, but decided to check here first. This is a little shocking. I wasn't a fan of drafting a TE early but was a little shocked we didn't draft one at all. I was even more shocked that we didn't bring in a few UDFA's at TE. I figured we would be a dream TE UDFA landing spot with limited competition and the chance to showcase skills like Uzomah and Hurst. 

I also don't want to seem like I'm overreacting to this but it is funny that I would consider both KC and CIN as being in the championship window and KC is top of the list and we are dead last. Could and should probably be trying to get as much talent as we can. Considering its still relatively cheap to do so.
Reply/Quote
They had more holes, post draft, than we did. If the guy has no shot at the roster, you are just burning money.

UDFA's we signed with Dead Money (via spotrac):
Heyward, KB, $30k
Maxwell, DT, $25k
Saylors, RB, $10k
Jackson, WR, $7.5k
Trahan, TE, $1.5k
Moody, LB, $1k
Reply/Quote