Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Bengal fans who were there, how was it?
(11-03-2016, 04:50 AM)eoxyod Wrote: I think you made it onto TV

I'm almost positive I saw a British guy in the stands.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As stated in the gameday thread. I had a great time. It was my 4th IS Series game and probably because i had more invested init i genuinely enjoyed it a lot lot more. The atmosphere was a lot better than all of the others i have been too also.

I was amazed at how many Bengal fans there were and had a good chat in a few pubs pre-game with a few + redskins fans. All in all a great day and just a shame we couldn't sneak a win in the end.

P.S If you thought London was expensive with the current exchange rate you would have been in tears pre Brexit :)

As people are posting images, Here is me outside the stadium. 

[Image: PaJZd9a.jpg]

Here is a view from my Seat 

[Image: ipK5d7T.jpg]

[Image: 9TwiwYV.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Made a quick trip to London for the game, landed Saturday morning and flew out Monday morning, here are my thoughts:

London as a city was cool, saw everything I needed to on Saturday including running into Geno Atkins and his family in front of Buckingham palace. Hundreds of people there and I didn't see anyone else that recognized him. I gave him a high five and told him get us the win.

Here are my other thoughts....

Service is terrible in London when at a restaurant and the food is meh.

The Bengals bar which was the official bar for the weekend was packed every night. Very cool environment with lots of energy.

The beers were good as one can expect.

The people were friendly.

I have never seen so many jerseys of teams not playing at a game. A friend got his picture with a fan in every NFL jersey except you know who (wears yellow and black)

Wembley was a very cool stadium for watching a game, their concessions were meh. The outside of the stadium has a hotels, shopping, restaurants, etc.

Favorite part of the trip was the fact they played all the Bengals pregame videos, sounds, etc and also all the chants and other Bengals specific songs like they do at PBS. It was like Wembley was turned into the European version of PBS.

Glad I was able to attend dont know if I would go back if they did it again.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:33 PM)corpjet Wrote: Service is terrible in London when at a restaurant and the food is meh.

Surprised by that, I'm not a London native but as long as you go to decent places the food usually very good with decent service. Then again ive only ever been to the states once and the service was superior for the most part so i guess it depends on what you are used to. 

Where did you go for food?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 08:18 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Surprised by that, I'm not a London native but as long as you go to decent places the food usually very good with decent service. Then again ive only ever been to the states once and the service was superior for the most part so i guess it depends on what you are used to. 

Where did you go for food?

Dude hopped on a jet on a whim to catch a game across an ocean.  He's used to waiters in tuxedos with fake British accents not real ones.  LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 08:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Dude hopped on a jet on a whim to catch a game across an ocean.  He's used to waiters in tuxedos with fake British accents not real ones.  LOL

Hilarious

Fair enough, i should have realized  Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 04:50 AM)eoxyod Wrote: I think you made it onto TV

Hahah really?! I didn't see or hear anything. Would have been cool if I did!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 03:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Hahah really?! I didn't see or hear anything. Would have been cool if I did!

Yeah I took a screen shot of you at the game Bloke!

[Image: americans-have-fewer-teeth-than-britons-...study.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 03:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yeah I took a screen shot of you at the game Bloke!

[Image: americans-have-fewer-teeth-than-britons-...study.jpeg]

That can't be me, the teeth are far too nice...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 12:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I was over in England this last weekend, I would have much preferred to go see a Premier League game instead. The Bengals-Skins game would been a bonus if I got to go it.

You likely would have seen a tie anyway LMAO
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote