Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UNSUNG HEROES
(01-23-2022, 03:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but there was no playing to win aspect to it.

Playing to win would be kicking the extra point and taking the lead.... 
Reply/Quote
Whoever took that penalty (I forget who it was) helped us win that game. If Vrabel doesn’t go for 2 right there Tannehill can kneel it at the end. Sports are weird sometimes.

Same with Taylor not getting that timeout in on the final pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Eli Apple is Spam

Only after he's been sliced up and burnt to a crisp does he become tolerable.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way to prove this but if Zac had made the same decision I bet it would have been praised as "playing to win instead of not to lose".

it was a gutsy call.
They had the momentum, crowd, Henry just walked in for an easy TD, they got a penalty reducing the yards needed.

During the regular season, it's fine. go for it. During playoffs, not so much. Going for the PAT at that point was the better move. It would've put US in the risky mode.

So no, even if ZT had made the same call, i wouldn't be praising him for it, even if he was successful.
Reply/Quote
How about Zach Kerr who signed with the team on Tuesday and was able to give the defense 12 productive snaps including a tackle. This role became even more needed after Josh Tupou was unable to play after the first couple of series

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hell of a stop by Clay Johnston... In real time I thought that was Sam Hubbard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think going for two was the right call. Now if the extra point ties the game then kick it but if you stay tied then it makes too much sense to go with the rushing attack they have from the 1.
Also they couldn't have just kneeled it we still had 2 timeouts and would've gotten the ball back with over a minute left. But it would've drastically changed the ending.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Eli Apple is Spam

Only after he's been sliced up and burnt to a crisp does he become tolerable.

I like that.   Can that be his new nickname?    I'm thankful for that hand of his, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it was a gutsy call.
They had the momentum, crowd, Henry just walked in for an easy TD, they got a penalty reducing the yards needed.

During the regular season, it's fine. go for it. During playoffs, not so much. Going for the PAT at that point was the better move. It would've put US in the risky mode.

So no, even if ZT had made the same call, i wouldn't be praising him for it, even if he was successful.

I don't think I would use the word "gutsy" in that situation. More like "brain fart."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: How about Zach Kerr who signed with the team on Tuesday and was able to give the defense 12 productive snaps including a tackle.  This role became even more needed after Josh Tupou was unable to play after the first couple of series

Absolutely. Shout out to Zach... doing it the Bengal way!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: How about Zach Kerr who signed with the team on Tuesday and was able to give the defense 12 productive snaps including a tackle. This role became even more needed after Josh Tupou was unable to play after the first couple of series

Glad he got in. I think those were his first playoff snaps even though he’s been on a couple playoff teams.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:42 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Hilton also was able to chase down AJ Brown, who had a clear field to the endzone, from behind saving a touchdown on the play immediately preceding the interception

It was Foreman who he tackled. That might be who you meant but I was gonna point that out and certainly makes the INT all that more impressive. Also explains why he got caught so easily the whole defense was probably pretty tired there.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:47 PM)jason Wrote: Hell of a stop by Clay Johnston... In real time I thought that was Sam Hubbard.

OP beat me to it with this post.... and the Craig Johnston play sticks out. I was thinking Hubbard or Pratt but no its this no name dude we signed a few weeks ago helping to stick that truck DH for no gain on goal line. That play I knew was really big and would haunt the Titans. 
Reply/Quote
Did you guys see Shelvin blow up that 4th and 1 Henry?!?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think going for two was the right call. Now if the extra point ties the game then kick it but if you stay tied then it makes too much sense to go with the rushing attack they have from the 1.
Also they couldn't have just kneeled it we still had 2 timeouts and would've gotten the ball back with over a minute left. But it would've drastically changed the ending.

I'd like to see a poll on whether or not going for two was the right call. Allow me to cast my vote...it was a helluva bad call.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Did you guys see Shelvin blow up that 4th and 1 Henry?!?

Yep. HUGE play!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yep. HUGE play!!!

I knew he was gonna come on eventually.. dude is a tank!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way to prove this but if Zac had made the same decision I bet it would have been praised as "playing to win instead of not to lose".

Does it ever get tedious, always feeling like you're in the court room?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Chris Evans has been a pleasant surprise returning kicks. He had a solid one against the Raiders I believe it was anyway and I thought I could see him taking one to the house. Then I kind of forgot about it but again this week with some good ones and hopefully he keeps it up. I would love if he bust one in the AFC championship game.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Chris Evans has been a pleasant surprise returning kicks. He had a solid one against the Raiders I believe it was anyway and I thought I could see him taking one to the house. Then I kind of forgot about it but again this week with some good ones and hopefully he keeps it up. I would love if he bust one in the AFC championship game.

Or in the Superbowl against the Niners....  Chris Evans as Stanford Jennings , Part III --- The Redemption!!!
Reply/Quote