Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UNSUNG HEROES
(01-23-2022, 03:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Did you guys see Shelvin blow up that 4th and 1 Henry?!?

I'll have to rewatch it. I was wondering who made the initial play on that one.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Does it ever get tedious, always feeling like you're in the court room?

Imagine not just enjoying being in the AFC championship game for the first time since 1988.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Imagine not just enjoying being in the AFC championship game for the first time since 1988.

Imagine being his wife.   Bang HeadBang Head
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll have to rewatch it. I was wondering who made the initial play on that one.

I think Big Shel' was in on blowing that one up.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Isiah Prince was terrible. Stop thinking those PFF numbers are legit

Terrible? Not even remotely close. He won every single one on one matchup, picked up every stunt and played decently in the run game. He shut Landry down completely and handled everyone else that played on that side. 

He had one false start and there was the miscommunication on the free rusher (sack). Beyond that, the Titans overloaded the right side one time and had a free rusher (pressure) while Prince blocked the guy in front of him. 

He graded 81.6 in passpro and deserved every single point of it. The highest graded passpro on the line and 11pts higher than the 2nd guy. 

If you think Prince played terrible, then you haven't watched him on every play from last night or you're basing it solely on the one mixup with Adeniji. Either way, you are as far away from right as you can be. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Did you guys see Shelvin blow up that 4th and 1 Henry?!?

the tackle on that play was by Logan Wilson and Markus Bailey after being chased a bit by Sam Hubbard.  Shelvin was in the defensive crowd around the tackle

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Curious to have someone confirm, because Shelvin was credited with 0 tackles…

Shelvin was in great position and would have had the initial hit if Logan didn't penetrate super quickly.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'll have to rewatch it. I was wondering who made the initial play on that one.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:56 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Absolutely!!! The guy gets good yardage about every time he touches the ball. He's very decisive as a returner. No hesitation ; runs North-South. Love him!!

I would love to see him get more touches on run plays. I think he’s an absolute gem. Think he would get more yardage than mixon.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:37 PM)M.W. Wrote: Shelvin was in great position and would have had the initial hit if Logan didn't penetrate super quickly.  

Yeah, I just found it ^. I was a bit too harsh on him earlier. I just saw 0 tackles, and didn’t remember this one. Big boy made a nice play.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:19 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Imagine being his wife.   Bang HeadBang Head

No thanks.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Does it ever get tedious, always feeling like you're in the court room?

When I read a new thread I always wonder what angle he is going to come with to disagree and sometimes I think there is nothing he can do with this one. And then he always manages it. This one is great, criticising people
For their on his guess of what people’s opinion might have been on a play that never happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:50 PM)gman657 Wrote: I would love to see him get more touches on run plays. I think he’s an absolute gem. Think he would get more yardage than mixon.

I love watching him get touches as a back. Call me crazy but I think he could rush for 100 yards if he got touches all game long.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:33 PM)Science Friction Wrote: And Vrabel. Really, really odd  call going for two early on. Could have ended 17-16 Titans with Tanny taking a knee at the end instead of 19-16 Bengals on a Shooter walkoff kick.  I say, thanks Coach V  !!!

This is a moot point as we could've gone for 2 on our TD and gotten it, making it a tie game anyways.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Thanks for posting that. This team is tough nobody can argue that. A couple of big time stops when they really needed them.
Reply/Quote

(01-23-2022, 04:31 PM)pally Wrote: the tackle on that play was by Logan Wilson and Markus Bailey after being chased a bit by Sam Hubbard.  Shelvin was in the defensive crowd around the tackle

(01-23-2022, 04:37 PM)M.W. Wrote: Shelvin was in great position and would have had the initial hit if Logan didn't penetrate super quickly.  

(01-23-2022, 04:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Glad everyone else is giving him his props; he absolutely did not,, "blow anything up," but he did shed a block and plugged the hole, which allowed Hubbard and Bailey to get Henry for the stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
When Flowers caused that damn fair catch penalty. I was double pissed. But, man did he make up for it.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:52 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I don't think I would use the word "gutsy" in that situation. More like "brain fart."

How many times we have asked for the Bengals to go for it one 4th and 1 vs kicking a fg? Basically the same thing except the risk is a lot more on getting 0 pts vs already have 6. I'm not sure if ZT doesn't do the same thing. 

When you have a good run game you expect to be able to get 1 yard. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way to prove this but if Zac had made the same decision I bet it would have been praised as "playing to win instead of not to lose".

First Conference Championship game in 33 years. Nuff said.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:36 PM)M.W. Wrote: Real man of genius - Mr. go for the 2 point conversion for absolutely no GD reason... Real man of genius!!

But teh analytics!!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote