Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: League explains why Shazier hit legal
(01-15-2016, 08:18 PM)Crowe Wrote: The fact that they can actually sit there and claim the notion that that was in fact a legal hit is beyond disbelief especially when you look at Burficts shoulder to helmet hit, which i thought was a penalty, but then you look at Shawn Willams hit and how can you sit here and say that is a penalty but say Shaziers hit was legal. The blatant no calls against the Steelers have gotten so bad how can anyone be a fan of the NFL.

It is sad. Especially when your on the other end of it.
**** the Steelers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The fix is in.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to read this.  What pisses me off is Shazier sees the guy catch the ball and know he's going to turn around.  Instead of doing the correct thing like what the Bengals have been trying doing for a while, which is to tackle with their shoulder pad.  He doesn't.  If Shazier isn't dirty, he would lead with his shoulder into the hip and wrap him up.  Instead he dropped his head and drilled it straight into Bernard's face/chin.  Sounds pretty dirty to me.

This is the gray area of the rule book that we've questioned for a while now.  We've seen it before with Rivers and Huber's broken jaw by the Steelers.  I don't think neither were flagged and they intentionally drilled their helmets into the jaw area.  This is the 3rd time now we've seen this questionable hit by the same team and the NFL still won't do anything about it.  But we use our shoulder pads and try to do the correct thing and still get flagged.  Their is no consistency in the penalties at all.

Here are the 3 BS hits that the NFL says is ok.

[Image: capture_20160109_214003.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

[Image: huber.jpg]

[Image: ward-11.jpg]

Pure Bullshit
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see Burfict destroy a Steelers player with a hit like this. Maybe even he'll throw in some dancing too.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Shouldnt matter if it was intentional or not. It was crown of helmet making first contact on Gios facemask. They just dont want to admit they effed that call up which was huge in the game.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I agree, totally ridiculous justification of the hit. Even worse was Shazier and his extended inappropriate celebration that wasn't flagged a second time.

Am I really supposed to watch their product and believe it is fair?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I can't wait to see Burfict destroy a Steelers player with a hit like this. Maybe even he'll throw in some dancing too.

If Burfict does exact same hit on someone it will be 15 yarder and possible ejection let alone fines
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:28 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Part of same story I pasted somewhere earlier, but a full explanation from Dean Blandino now included - so felt it warranted its own thread.

If Burfict were the one laying that hit, then I guarantee you that Blandino would be explaining in this video exactly why it was an illegal hit, justifying a fine and multi-game suspension.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:28 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Part of same story I pasted somewhere earlier, but a full explanation from Dean Blandino now included - so felt it warranted its own thread.

Jim, please PLEASE tell me you or some other news reporter(s) are seeking an interview aggressively questioning this "lining up" bullshit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The NFL doesn't care about the fans or the safety of the players. Complete Bull crap. ( I am not blaming you Jim your just the reporter doing your job).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It is sad. Especially when your on the other end of it.
**** the Steelers

I agree, and this season has taken my dislike of the Steelers to a whole new level. Go to profootballtalk.com and every article about this game and the injuries makes me want to find each Steelers fan and just slap the stupid out of them.
Reply/Quote
Wow Blandino just made up his own rule. Shazier deliberately hit him with the crown. His head was up and he lowered it righr before contact.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:34 PM)Crowe Wrote: I agree, and this season has taken my dislike of the Steelers to a whole new level. Go to profootballtalk.com and every article about this game and the injuries makes me want to find each Steelers fan and just slap the stupid out of them.

Smack That would be a lot of slapping. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Can Blandino explain how to make a tackle without lining up on someone?  Do you just accidentally run into the ballcarrier?
Reply/Quote
**** the NFL. Seriously.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
THE MAN WAS KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS FOR GODS SAKE.

What kind of "legal hit" does that???

(also, explain to me how Bryant's "catch" was a catch when he never had control of the ball with 2 feet down. Let me make some popcorn first though.)

**** the nfl

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can Blandino explain how to make a tackle without lining up on someone?  Do you just accidentally run into the ballcarrier?

Just pure happenstance.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 10:35 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: (also, explain to me how Bryant's "catch" was a catch when he never had control of the ball with 2 feet down. Let me make some popcorn first though.)

Blandino said that it shouldn't have been a TD, but also says there wasn't enough evidence to overturn.  Rolleyes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/blandino-says-not-enough-evidence-to-overturn-martavis-bryant-touchdown/

They make it up as they go along.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
But by no means should the league take a harder look at officiating! No siree! They're doing just fine!

Here's my question. If there's no evidence to overturn it, how do they know it should never have been ruled a TD? Wouldn't reaching such a conclusion require... um, EVIDENCE?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Best part is he hints to them "changing" the rule so this don't happen again..lol such ***** bs that would be the 3rd time they "changed" a rule after getting away with it against us.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote