Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: League explains why Shazier hit legal
"Oh it was perfectly legal. Totes. On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, we will be looking to make changes so that we can limit hits like this. Still legal though!"

This is unbelievable. Admitting that you ****** up after-the-fact is much more dignified (and frankly more appreciated) then arrogantly spitting in the face of reality to save face. Don't insult us with this shit.

A hit to the head is not a "clean" hit. And it was definitely a hit to the head. You know, considering the whole knocked unconscious thing.

This pisses me off so much more than the Bryant TD call.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Another thing I find funny is how frequently the retired referees are wrong during official reviews.  Sound like the making of a news story by a certain reporter?

60% of the time, those dinosaurs are wrong every time.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Smack That would be a lot of slapping. Hilarious

Rock On ***** yea it would
Reply/Quote
I personally hope Burfict and Co. destroy them next year, I want to see them hit them so damn hard it knocks the inbred out of them.
Reply/Quote
I hope Denver whoops them so bleeping bad they cry all the way back to Pissburg. My hatred of the steelers has gone off the chart.
Reply/Quote
If Shazier's hit was incidental then so was Burficts.

You can't claim one is incidental and overlook it and then flag the other.
Reply/Quote
Total BS. Does Blandino have it in for the Bengals or is he just lying to save face for the league?

First of all that was as clear a case of "lining up" as any in the example video that the NFL posted. Shazier ran at him from five yards away and the angle was minimal. Second of all, Burfict was penalized and fined for crown of the helmet contact against the Jets in 2013 on a play that was at much more of an angle than the Shazier hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Shouldnt matter if it was intentional or not. It was crown of helmet making first contact on Gios facemask. They just dont want to admit they effed that call up which was huge in the game.

The sad part is that they did not eff it up.

They did and called exactly what they wanted to call.

Pitiful that the steelers get home field cooking from refs even on road. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 60% of the time, those dinosaurs are wrong every time.

That reads like a Yogi Berra quote.
Reply/Quote
Poetic justice would be if Rothlesburgher were scrambling outside the tackle box on Sunday and got hit in exactly the same way. Do you think we'd see a call on that?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:31 AM)Roland Wrote: Poetic justice would be if Rothlesburgher were scrambling outside the tackle box on Sunday and got hit in exactly the same way.  Do you think we'd see a call on that?

I think we would see a penalty if any QB were hit in the helmet like Gio.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:58 AM)Roland Wrote: Total BS.  Does Blandino have it in for the Bengals or is he just lying to save face for the league?  

First of all that was as clear a case of "lining up" as any in the example video that the NFL posted.  Shazier ran at him from five yards away and the angle was minimal.  Second of all, Burfict was penalized and fined for crown of the helmet contact against the Jets in 2013 on a play that was at much more of an angle than the Shazier hit.

I think the NFL is trying to figure out how to save face. The only people happy with what happened in that game is Goedell and Pittsburg. The credability of the NFL has taken a major hit and they want to spin it away from the NFL and the Steeleres.

I personally can't believe the NFL isn't freaking out about the way the coaching staff of the Steelers were used on the field of play. I mean what is going on here? Do rules only apply to certain teams?There are rules about the way the coaches can act and all those rules were ignored by the officials also. On top of all the other bad calls.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That reads like a Yogi Berra quote.

Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:28 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Part of same story I pasted somewhere earlier, but a full explanation from Dean Blandino now included - so felt it warranted its own thread.

Just shoot this guy and put him out of his misery.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:31 AM)Roland Wrote: Poetic justice would be if Rothlesburgher were scrambling outside the tackle box on Sunday and got hit in exactly the same way.  Do you think we'd see a call on that?

Yeh, if he ran outside the tackle box and then elected to run it upfield, you can bet ur azz it would be a penalty. The only possible exception would be a Bengal QB when playing the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
[Image: steelers_ref.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have not been one defending the flags against BUrfict and Jones. Those were both legit penalties. But the Shazier hit was clearly dirty. He led with the crown of his helmet directly into Gio's face. It is exactly what the rule is supposed to punish. this stuff about :lining up" is total bullshit.

And Porter should have been penalized, but at least the NFL agrees and fined him for that.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not been one defending the flags against BUrfict and Jones.  Those were both legit penalties.  But the Shazier hit was clearly dirty.  He led with the crown of his helmet directly into Gio's face.  It is exactly what the rule is supposed to punish.  this stuff about :lining up" is total bullshit.

And Porter should have been penalized, but at least the NFL agrees and fined him for that.

Agreed. I think the Burfict suspension is a bit too much, but the flag was absolutely warranted.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:12 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Agreed. I think the Burfict suspension is a bit too much, but the flag was absolutely warranted.

Especially given Harrison was previously suspended for 1 game for repeated hits to the head.  But, if Goodell is one thing it is wildly inconsistent and completely arbitrary when handing out player discipline.
Reply/Quote
Complete and utter BS. NFL is the no integrity league.

They better get a handle on the awful officiating by part time out of shape old men or there will be a riot at one of these games.

I would like to see the head of officiating for the NFL cross examined on this statement by a competent lawyer and ask him to explain how the rule on targeting with helmet outside of the box did not apply here.

Or explain how Gio was less defenseless that Brown and how lining someone up and intentionally hitting them in the head with your helmet is less vicious than hitting a receiver who intentionally lowers his head with your shoulder pads.

Utter and complete crap - just like the call on Shaw Williams and the no-call on DeCastro.
Reply/Quote