Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
US Inability to Count Votes is a National Disgrace. And Dangerous.
(11-06-2020, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It doesn't have to be 100% digital. But still, there are options better than what we have now. 

At the very least, the states that are still counting should be forced to update their voting procedures.

It's not a failure of their voting procedures. 

These are states where the election is incredibly close. I'm counting 17 other states that have been called where they still have only 66%-95% of the votes counted. The remaining are all 96-99%, much like PA and GA. The difference is those states are not close so the rest of the results will not change it. None of these states will be 100% until next week and that's how it always goes. 

As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, what you're seeing is the result of the dynamics of using winner take all and the Electoral College combined with a pandemic that required a higher than usual number of mail ballots, which take longer to count when your system is not set up to rely on such a large number of them. Furthermore, outside challenges to hurt the mail delivery of those ballots causes even more delays. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes.
It's yes to my entire post.  Phil no matter how difficult it is for you to admit.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: Imho a quite obvious solution would be opening up more polling places and having more poll workers at hand.

Here in SC we opened in Charleston county at least 7 early poling stations that you could go to any of them to vote for nearly the entire moth of October.  It was glorious.  

Reply/Quote
Assuming Trump doesn't run in 2024, can we try one more election without Trump before we conclude that our voting system is a fraud-riddled disaster? Trump just seems like way too much of a confounding variable to ask for a large-scale change in response to anything involving him.

2016 - Trump vs Clinton = this election is rigged, Trump wins
2020 - Trump vs Biden = this election is rigged, Biden wins
2024 - ????
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Assuming Trump doesn't run in 2024, can we try one more election without Trump before we conclude that our voting system is a fraud-riddled disaster? Trump just seems like way too much of a confounding variable to ask for a large-scale change in response to anything involving him.

2016 - Trump vs Clinton = this election is rigged, Trump wins
2020 - Trump vs Biden = this election is rigged, Biden wins
2024 - ????

It's amusing how little talk there was of voter fraud before a total fraud was running for and living in the White House.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm still not sure what the Republican's plan was in PA.

Don't count the mail in votes early so there isn't an illusion that Trump is losing and have him tweet angrily and possible drive down Republican day of voters?

Don't count the mail in votes early so there IS an illusion that Trump "won" and he and they could argue that there is some nefarious about the count changing after election day?

It was them, the Republicans, who blocked the early counting.

It just served no purpose.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:38 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Like PA?  Where Republicans made it a law to count mail in ballots after the in person votes were counted.

Why does everyone get in a tizzy when they are slightly inconvenienced.  Oh no we don't know who the next president is, who doesn't get inaugurated until January, on November 3rd.......AHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAAAMMMMMAAAA  blow my gasket.   Jerry

Hey, good to hear from you.

We seldom agree but the forum is better with you in it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It doesn't have to be 100% digital. But still, there are options better than what we have now. 

At the very least, the states that are still counting should be forced to update their voting procedures.

Trump agrees.  Down with states rights!  

Let's get the Fed involved with national elections to keep it all above board!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, good to hear from you.

We seldom agree but the forum is better with you in it.

Hey man!  thanks for the kind words as well as the mention about the forum being better with me...LOL

I have been out of the loop for a few years.  My wife and I left our employer to start a new venture in 2016 and to be quite honest we have been working about 70 hours a week since then.  we have hired and now things are beginning to slow down for us.  We also bought a, new to us, house that was built in 1970 last year so any time I now have away from the business I am using to update the house.

Reply/Quote