Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US labels elite Iran force a foreign terrorist organization
Nervous

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/13/donald-trumps-worst-deal

Quote:Donald Trump’s Worst Deal
The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
[Image: davidson-adam.png]
By Adam Davidson
March 5, 2017

[Image: 170313_r29531.jpg]

The Trump Tower Baku never opened. Trump partnered with an Azerbaijani family that U.S. officials called notoriously unethical.
Photograph by Davide Monteleone for The New Yorker

Too long to copy and paste. Interesting reading.  It's almost like DJT will do business with ANYONE.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Happy someone finally posted on this topic.

Two comments:

1. I cannot offer a definition of terrorism which would convict Iran and exempt the U.S. Can anyone help me out with that? Maybe we don't have to; American exceptionalism?

2. It is hard to see the long term consequences of defining the RG as a terrorist organization. It will certainly make it harder to work with allies. But it does makes sense as part of a "long game" which sees war and regime change at the end. The consequences of that are far scarier and uncontrollable, especially if tactical nukes are on the table.

There are fewer and fewer adults in the room now when Trump goes over foreign policy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-09-2019, 10:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There are things like the UN, Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, etc for helping folks.

Drop in the bucket.

(04-09-2019, 10:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I just believe that the the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth priorities for the US Government and US Money should be the US Citizens.

Sure human rights violations elsewhere are terrible, but lets focus all that effort, money, and manpower on getting places like Flint clean drinking water, rebuilding bridges, making sure all the levies and failsafes are up-to-snuff, making sure our forests are properly forested to limit forest fires.
U.S. citizens have always been the first priority, Len. Offhand I cannot think of any president who ever put foreigners over U.S. citizens. In cases where U.S. citizens get short shrift, it is not because of foreign policy but because of ideology. (Infrastructure and vets or tax breaks?)

(04-09-2019, 10:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saw where 3 US military and 1 US contractor were killed in Afghanistan just recently. Why? F Afghanistan.

No. Don't allow Al Qaeda and ISIS to re-root there. Thanks to everyone who helps or has helped prevent that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]