Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USC wanted to interview Hue for the HC job
Per Adam Schefter:

"USC wanted to interview Bengals OC Hue Jackson for head coach job, but timing did not and could not work out during NFL season, per sources."

He is going to get crazy attention for what he has done this year.

Reply/Quote
Wasn't hue their oc back in 90's? Seems I remember him being part of their offense.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 07:56 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Wasn't hue their oc back in 90's? Seems I remember him being part of their offense.

Yes. Without using the google, I know he was with USC for part of Carson's tenure ('98-02). He was OC for a couple seasons and a position coach before that (QB coach?).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes. Without using the google, I know he was with USC for part of Carson's tenure ('98-02). He was OC for a couple seasons and a position coach before that (QB coach?).

just googled it, he was at usc. 

Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think Hue leaves especially with him and Marvin being good friends, at least I hope he doesn't :/
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: I honestly don't think Hue leaves especially with him and Marvin being good friends, at least I hope he doesn't :/

Sure hope your right. 

Reply/Quote
Hue recruited Carson to USC and was his QB coach and OC under Pete Carroll
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: I honestly don't think Hue leaves especially with him and Marvin being good friends, at least I hope he doesn't :/

This is about his profession, his livelyhood. A chance to redeem himself on a public stage for the debacle that was his shit-canning in Oakland. Dude has got to be itching to get a shot to run his own shop again, be it college or pro, and prove the Raiders and doubters wrong. Gotta believe that all trumps a friendship.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This is about his profession, his livelyhood.  A chance to redeem himself on a public stage for the debacle that was his shit-canning in Oakland.  Dude has got to be itching to get a shot to run his own shop again, be it college or pro, and prove the Raiders and doubters wrong.  Gotta believe that all trumps a friendship.

Pretty much this^^^^ couldn't blame him if he did. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This is about his profession, his livelyhood.  A chance to redeem himself on a public stage for the debacle that was his shit-canning in Oakland.  Dude has got to be itching to get a shot to run his own shop again, be it college or pro, and prove the Raiders and doubters wrong.  Gotta believe that all trumps a friendship.

I agree to a point... sometimes coaches pass on becoming a head coach again, other times they seek it... Hue will make his decision to stay or go on his terms, as for the Bengals they will continue to do well regardless if Hue is here or not... many people predicted after we lost Zimmer and Gruden, things would fall apart.. but they have not..
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree to a point... sometimes coaches pass on becoming a head coach again, other times they seek it... Hue will make his decision to stay or go on his terms, as for the Bengals they will continue to do well regardless if Hue is here or not... many people predicted after we lost Zimmer and Gruden, things would fall apart.. but they have not..

Right, I'm only speculating, of course. Not every coach may feel that way. You are right that, although it would be a shame to lose him, we recently lost two coordinators and managed to find proper replacements, and we'll hopefully do so again.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hues gonna be a HC somewhere very soon and good for him just hope he makes smart decision and doesn't end up somewhere dysfunctional like Cleveland
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Hue will be in Tennessee.

Haley will be in Miami.

New OC's coming to the North.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 07:56 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Wasn't hue their oc back in 90's? Seems I remember him being part of their offense.

Pretty sure he started there during John Robinson's final season....believe he was on Robinson's LA Rams staff a year or two also.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hue will be in Tennessee.  

Haley will be in Miami.  

New OC's coming to the North.

Hue to Tennessee is a very good call, makes a ton of sense.

Reply/Quote
Id be shocked if Hue rushed to a college job before seeing whats going to be open on the NFL front.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Hue will be a HC next year, but most importantly he will finish this season (i.e. not take any meetings before we are eliminated in the playoffs). Maybe we (the fans) get lucky and all the good jobs are filled before that time. But Hue definitely won't pull a Brian Kelly. He was on the Petrino coaching staff in Atlanta and I'm pretty sure has publicly commented on how it felt to be abandoned by a member of the coaching staff and how disgusted he was with Petrino as a man when that happened. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 09:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This is about his profession, his livelyhood. A chance to redeem himself on a public stage for the debacle that was his shit-canning in Oakland. Dude has got to be itching to get a shot to run his own shop again, be it college or pro, and prove the Raiders and doubters wrong. Gotta believe that all trumps a friendship.

thats why hes gonna pick the right situtation for him and not jump at the first job or else it might be 1 and done again
Reply/Quote
Unless Hue has a handshake agreement to take over the Bengals next season or the season after, I expect him to be a head coach in the NFL next year... I also expect him, or someone else, to poach Carrier to be their defensive coordinator. And that would totally suck as well.

[edit]All of that would pale in comparison to an organization stealing Duke Tobin from us. I'll be anxious if Hue and/or Carrier leave. I'd be crushed if we lost Tobin. That dude is the reason we have the talent and depth we have.
Reply/Quote
They can have him.

Not a Hue fan.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote