Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh, root for Ravens over Phins ....
(12-31-2023, 03:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Scary huh?

He gets a lot of flack for not being accurate, but he sure looks dang good to me. lol.

Ditto w all the Tua jokes when we got Burrow

Tua is having an MVP year along w Lamar

Guess the jokes on us. Arggg

(12-31-2023, 04:03 PM)Whacked Wrote: Oh heck yeah. Love me some Burrow (!) but Tua and Lamar aren’t the mediocre jokes that have been ridiculed to be around here a LOT.

The Ravens and Dolphins have “new school” quick strike big play offenses while the Bengals have an “old school” move the chains offense. Neither is better; just different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 04:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Nah,  Burrow has already taken his team to a SB before Lamar or Tua.  They might get there, too but the Burrow pick was a great one.  Still a lot of seasons to play and this is the healthiest season Lamar/Tua have had in a while.  Just need to keep Burrow healthy.

I was just surprised Lamar is younger than JB. But yeah, until Lamar quits imitating Andy Dalton in the playoffs; I'll give the nod to JB. Even though Lamar's on pace to win his 2nd League MVP
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson is a terrific passer now. He didn’t start out that way though. That Baltimore offensive line gives him lots of time, too.
Reply/Quote
Pats are hanging in there. Down 20-14 and just picked off Allen.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry not a buyer on Lamar. Miami just sucks on defense (so far 3 TDs on really bad broken plays to WIDE open receivers). Let's see him do it in postseason against an actual good defense.
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals have put themselves in a spot where they need/want wins from the Panthers and Patriots today? Not feeling too good about having to rely on those teams to help us although they are both keeping it close.

I won’t even include Tennessee in that group because the Bengals actually found a way to lose to them this year.
Reply/Quote
I think Lamar is like 15th in yardage and that’s with a lot of backups playing. The Bengals as a team have more passing yards that the Ravens. They do lead the league in rushing so that explains some of it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Ravens smoking the Fins right now.

Dolphins being exposed again. Cowboys are the only good team they have beat all year. The other top tier teams they played all beat them.
I expect them to have an early exit from the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 04:41 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So the Bengals have put themselves in a spot where they need/want wins from the Panthers and Patriots today?  Not feeling too good about having to rely on those teams to help us although they are both keeping it close.

I won’t even include Tennessee in that group because the Bengals actually found a way to lose to them this year.

It's Panthers OR Patriots. But it looks like neither is happening. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 05:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Ravens smoking the Fins right now.

Dolphins being exposed again. Cowboys are the only good team they have beat all year.  The other top tier teams they played all beat them.  
I expect them to have an early exit from the playoffs.

IF we get to the playoffs it will be as a 7 seed. Mia beats BUF next week and we may be able to facilitate the early exit
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IF we get to the playoffs it will be as a 7 seed. Mia beats BUF next week and we may be able to facilitate the early exit

That would be awesome but I am not sure the Bengals D would be good enough to stop Miami. Still it would be quite an achievement just to make the playoffs this year.
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson is having a career day. I think the Bengals play the Ravens a lot tougher than the Dolphins do.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 05:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's Panthers OR Patriots. But it looks like neither is happening. 

Pats still have a chance. They are down 27-21 with 6 minutes left and got the ball back. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 05:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Pats still have a chance. They are down 27-21 with 6 minutes left and got the ball back. 

I feel so dirty rooting for New England but if it helps I’ll do it!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I feel so dirty rooting for New England but if it helps I’ll do it!

We're in the hands of Bailey Zappe. 
Reply/Quote
No help today. Bills win.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 05:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2019 Dolphins game. Bengals were 1-14 coming into the game, long since eliminated from playoff contention, and in line to get the 1st overall pick. 

I did not want them to win.

Yep, that was one of the few occasions where I was like 'why the hell are we trying to make this comeback!!!'.

I've always been a proponent of never ending a season in a slump, because that can carry into the next season. So I had no huge issue with the rally at the end of the 2008(?) season where we pushed ourselves back to the #5 pick because of a few meaningless wins. But I personally think that little run to end that season contributed to the success the team had the next year. 

But that Miami game... literally no reason for us to win that game.
Reply/Quote
Sucked seeing Bradley Chubb go down like that with an ACL tear and Tua hurt his throwing arm.

I hope the Bills can beat these dirty Ratbirds because they look like a freight train rolling through the NFL this year.

Maybe the pitt scum can hobble them a bit in the last game but they might not even play Lamar for all i know.
Reply/Quote