Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Primetime Road Record
14 straight losses on primetime when on the road

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
large majority of those are Marvin Lewis teams + 75% of their primetime games were road games

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Another curse to break.

Important to break it down a little though. We're clearly a different franchise pre-Burrow.

0-4 record with him. Two of those losses to Cleveland (we lose that game regardless of when it is anyway seemingly). Two last second losses to BAL/KC.

Not saying 0-4 is good, but it's not SO tragic when you look at what the games have been.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 04:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: large majority of those are Marvin Lewis teams + 75% of their primetime games were road games

The above graphic is strictly for road games
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 04:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: large majority of those are Marvin Lewis teams + 75% of their primetime games were road games

Yes, only 4 listed were since Burrow was on the team. And it ignores that the Bengals have won three playoff road games under Burrow. I guess they aren't "primetime" because they weren't at night, but these were major viewing events. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 04:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yes, only 4 listed were since Burrow was on the team. And it ignores that the Bengals have won three playoff road games under Burrow. I guess they aren't "primetime" because they weren't at night, but these were major viewing events. 

this is what matters most. The primetime bugaboo has been shedded long ago

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I consider playoff games primetime. Didn't we beat KC 2 years ago to go to the Super Bowl? Didn't we beat Buffalo last year on the road to go to the AFC Championship game.

I would consider both the wins better prime time wins than any loss during regular season game. We are banged up with little time to heal and make adjustments. The Ravens are dominant in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

If we lose Thursday, nothing to do with prime time (choking), all to do with opponent and being very banged up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I consider playoff games primetime. Didn't we beat KC 2 years ago to go to the Super Bowl? Didn't we beat Buffalo last year on the road to go to the AFC Championship game.

I would consider both the wins better prime time wins than any loss during regular season game. We are banged up with little time to heal and make adjustments. The Ravens are dominant in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

If we lose Thursday, nothing to do with prime time (choking), all to do with opponent and being very banged up.

I don’t want to hear the injury excuse. They will be without their starting tackles and starting corner. We may be without our starting DEs and WR. It literally evens out.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t want to hear the injury excuse. They will be without their starting tackles and starting corner. We may be without our starting DEs and WR. It literally evens out.

Having injuries seems to be advantageous to Bengal opponents. There are a couple of Ravens backup tackles about to get big contracts with other teams based on their performance Thursday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t want to hear the injury excuse. They will be without their starting tackles and starting corner. We may be without our starting DEs and WR. It literally evens out.

Not necessarily. It depends who the backups are. And our back edge rushers are trash.

Reply/Quote
Glad this got pointed out. Time to break the streak
Reply/Quote
Really need to rebound as really should had won at home vs the Texans.
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote
Take the points when we can get them. Absolutely, no going for it on a 4th down inside the 35-yard line.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not necessarily. It depends who the backups are. And our back edge rushers are trash.

I don’t disagree. But I don’t want to hear injuries as an excuse because that’s all we’ve heard from the Ravens fans every time they lose, and we’ve used it the past 2 times with Burrow’s appendix and now his calf. It’s a never ending cycle.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 04:20 PM)pally Wrote: 14 straight losses on primetime when on the road

Memories...
Reply/Quote
Silly article. Can’t count the loss to the chiefs as an L in the playoffs without counting the win the year before.
Reply/Quote
Another curse to break.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Memories...

For sure - made me remember watching these games.
Horrible, awful memories…
Reply/Quote
Wasn't the AFC Championship game that we won 2 years ago on the road and in primetime?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 12:08 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Wasn't the AFC Championship game that we won 2 years ago on the road and in primetime?

4:25 and another game after, so not Primetime.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote