Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly second half but great win.
(12-24-2022, 10:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Win is a win.... however I personally like this one.  It almost feels like a loss to the Bengals they should be extra motivated next week for multiple reasons :)

Def gives them reason to focus a bit more. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Win is a win.... however I personally like this one.  It almost feels like a loss to the Bengals they should be extra motivated next week for multiple reasons :)

I do like we didn't blow them out like it looked like we would. Like you said, extra motivation...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Def gives them reason to focus a bit more. 

(12-24-2022, 10:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do like we didn't blow them out like it looked like we would. Like you said, extra motivation...

I really don't like the idea of Bengals going on a 9 game winning streak in the playoffs... unless they get the #1 seed.  So any extra motivation or slight they can get from these games to "start a new streak" is a W in my eyes.

I'm sure the players are taking it one game at a time though... but pressure gets to ya eventually. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I really don't like the idea of Bengals going on a 9 game winning streak in the playoffs... unless they get the #1 seed.  So any extra motivation or slight they can get from these games to "start a new streak" is a W in my eyes.

I'm sure the players are taking it one game at a time though... but pressure gets to ya eventually. 

A 9 game WS doesn't bother me in the least. They seem to have the type of team to put past games behind them and look forward. None of those wins have any tangible bearing on upcoming games unless you dwell on them and are superstitious. I'd almost bet that if you asked any Bengal player, they probably couldn't tell you right off the top of their head, who they played 2 weeks ago. 

Plus, Burrow and chase won 15 in a row for a ship, with the last 3 being some of the toughest of the year. 9 is chump change for them. 

The stumble today is good enough motivation to tighten it up going forward, without having to actually lose a game.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A 9 game WS doesn't bother me in the least. They seem to have the type of team to put past games behind them and look forward. None of those wins have any tangible bearing on upcoming games unless you dwell on them and are superstitious. I'd almost bet that if you asked any Bengal player, they probably couldn't tell you right off the top of their head, who they played 2 weeks ago. 

Plus, Burrow and chase won 15 in a row for a ship, with the last 3 being some of the toughest of the year. 9 is chump change for them. 

The stumble today is good enough motivation to tighten it up going forward, without having to actually lose a game.

Agree

Plus when the playoffs start it's a blank slate. Doesn't matter if you've won 35 in a row
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Plus when the playoffs start it's a blank slate. Doesn't matter if you've won 35 in a row

Exactly. I was thinking the exact same thing last week. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 07:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great win alright. Wasn't easy with the mistakes by Boyd and Ja'Marr but hey, might be a blessing in disguise going into the game 
against the Bills where we will need them to play their best. Happy Christmas Cuzz, have a good one.

(12-24-2022, 07:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Pats defense is very good at getting turnovers and scoring on them. They've done it all year and it keeps them in games they shouldn't really be in. Today was no different.

I am a little concerned that they've had 2 halves of football in the last 2 weeks where they've scored 3 total points...but it was also against 2 very physical defenses capable of making big plays.

But a win is a win, even if it wasn't pretty. Hell, the Chiefs needed OT to beat the Texans last week.

I am always ecstatic over a Bengals win, even an ugly win. Perhaps today’s inconsistent play is actually a blessing in disguise for Cincinnati. Why? A close win like this with sloppy play means there is much more to work on in practice; many things still need improvement. A scare like this will keep the players and coaches sharp.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 10:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Just awesome, love this team. Let's go beat them Bills!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
In our last 2 games:

2 halves of utter domination by us.
2 hakves of utter garbage from us.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 12:43 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In our last 2 games:

They're in a stretch of very tough defenses right now. TB was ranked 7th overall, NE was 6th entering the game, Buffalo is currently 9th and Baltimore is 10th. So far, they're 2-0...but a little more consistency would be nice for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 12:43 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In our last 2 games:

1st half of last week and 2nd half of this week - 3 points
2nd half of last week and 1st half of this week- 53 points
Reply/Quote
Game might not have been so close if the offensive line could get any push when there is just a yard or half a yard to go. The QB sneaks are not making any progress, nor RBs going up the gut. Need to be able to get those 3rd and short and 4th and short consistently without needing to pass or try sweeps.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 06:32 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: Got a bit nervy watching that second half especially with the Jamarr fumble but all in all a good win on the road. A few years ago you'd head to the patriots and pray not to get dicked but now we head anywhere and expect to win. Just chalk up another w in the column and wait for next week. Have a happy Christmas Bengal fans from Shropshire, England. They gotta play us - who dey !!!!!!

I watched Burrow control the First Half.   I had the sound muted on 2nd half as calls to and from friends on Christmas Eve poured in.  So I did not watch 2nd half as I normally would Bengals due to Christmas Eve Night edging closer.  I am glad Bengals won.   I was amazed at Burrow able to throw in cold weather as Ken Anderson use to.  His moving Bengals into a nice lead was big.  I'm also glad the game in cold did not go overtime on Christmas Eve.  Bengals held on to win, and got the heck out of there.  I thought I could watch the whole game, but Christmas Eve and Family & Friends could not be ignored.  I'm glad Bengals won. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote