Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ugly win...but, oh well...moving on to the Bucs...
In the playoffs you will have to win the ugly games... Good thing we showed today that we can win any everyway! Who dey!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you only think offensive for good,tell me what was vmbad on defense

Can someone please translate?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think when the Browns blew up the play, Chase quick-wittedly decided to throw an incompletion so as not to lose yardage and then very smartly realized the offensive linemen were downfield and would be a penalty. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 

Isn't the illegal man downfield out the window after the ball is handed off?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know how much longer my heart can handle the Myles Garrett vs Jonah Williams matchup.

How do you think poor Jonah feels twice a year?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How do you think poor Jonah feels twice a year?  Hilarious

How do you think every left tackle in the NFL feels having to face Garrett?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How do you think poor Jonah feels twice a year?  Hilarious

Seeing as he actually held his own this time not that bad. For the OL to run block for 5.1 a clip and surrender only one sack when the Stains have both Clowney and Garrett and because all our receivers are out had 8+ in the box almost all the time was actually cool. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:31 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Isn't the illegal man downfield out the window after the ball is handed off?

Chase getting sacked wasn't exactly a HOF highlight reel.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How do you think every left tackle in the NFL feels having to face Garrett?

Yes Myles Garrett is very very good but there is no one worse against him than Jonah Williams. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No such thing as an ugly win..Sloppy? A win despite everything?  Sure, but every win is a thing of beauty..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Just keep on winning
Reply/Quote
Am extremely happy to take that ugly win. In fact doing it without Higgins, Boyd, and Hurst, would have to call it a thing of beauty.

Said earlier in the year when a reverse to Chase was blown up that its just not going to work very often. Not necessarily the reverse play, but Chase gets so much attention the defense is never going to lose track of him that quickly. Need Chase going out and taking defenders with him and reversing to someone else imho.

Chase definitely put in some solid work receiving the ball with the Browns knowing he was all the Bengals had.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bucs just lost Vita Vae to a calf injury...this could have implications for next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: wut

He mightve been on his 12th natty light
Reply/Quote
There are no ugly wins after October - just wins!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: And even a glancing look at the standings shows the truth of this. Had the Stealers been even minimally competent today we would have gotten into a much better place - now if the Rats beat the Stains next week we lose all the AFCN tiebreakers. 

I saw rapid improvement in Watson as the game unfolded despite him having to play one dimensional..
Baltimore may be down to QB3 next week.. I hate to bring it up, but we're going to have to play against him twice a year now. Perhaps since the Clowns mortgaged  their future for Watson they'll have to cut salaries big time to pay the turd till he's my age..  

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:31 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Isn't the illegal man downfield out the window after the ball is handed off?

The play went into the books as a pass attempt. At least that's how it's listed currently on ESPN.

Cincinnati Passing

TEAM
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG
Joe Burrow 18/33 239 7.2 2 1 1-3 85.3
Ja'Marr Chase 0/0 0 0.0 0 0 1-9 0.0
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Can someone please translate?

Yes defense played great so because  offense did not means ugly win, does make sense. Understand  now?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:14 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Gotta recognize that there weren't a lot of highlights...but the D held up...for the most part...and even though Tee and Boyd left early, we pulled it off. But IF they are still out next week...will we prevail against the Bucs?

Thoughts...? Cool

As of 7:00 in the second quarter the Buccaneers are getting absolutely flattened 21-0 by San Francisco.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I saw rapid improvement in Watson as the game unfolded despite him having to play one dimensional..
Baltimore may be down to QB3 next week.. I hate to bring it up, but we're going to have to play against him twice a year now. Perhaps since the Clowns mortgaged  their future for Watson they'll have to cut salaries big time to pay the turd till he's my age..  

Seeing as the cap hit on Watson goes from 9 million this year to 55 million next year they are going to be in a spot, not to mention the picks they gave up...the Texans got a 2022 first-round pick (No. 13 overall), 2023 and 2024 first-round picks, a 2022 fourth-round choice (No. 107), a third-round pick in 2023 and a fourth-round pick in 2024. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals played a good game today for being without some key players.This team is very good at adjusting to whatever adversity they may be facing.This was just a great win.Maybe not their greatest performance,but they won.Now,on to TB.Hoping Tee Higgins and Boyd will be ready to go.

I’m currently watching the TB vs. SF game and SF is pounding them pretty good at 21-0 with 5 minutes to go in the second quarter.
Reply/Quote