Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ugly win...but, oh well...moving on to the Bucs...
This was another game the team needed. More injuries, playing a team they've struggled against for several games in a row. And they still ground out a win. Every fans wants every win to be a blowout but it's not the reality. A win is a win and they needed this. Tie breakers vs the AFCN don't matter if the team keeps winning their games. Bengals have 5 in a row and are finding ways to win without being 100%, which is what they need to be doing. I get it wasn't the win a lot of people wanted, but I have zero issues with how they won today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes defense played great so because  offense did not means ugly win, does make sense. Understand  now?

What does “ vmbad “ mean. I kid, every other time i post on my cell there’s a vmbad.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Finally got back from the game and a short nap.... wasn't pretty but the reserves got it done.

Next week unless the NFL tries to force Brady back into the playoffs should be a W... Bucs look horrible
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Not trying to derail thread but just want to say as Rare Earth did, that "I just want to celebrate" the steelers and the Browns being officially out of the playoff race.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Looking at the injury list, I feel like we just played those dirtbags in Pennsylvania
Reply/Quote
Ugly win is still a win. And given that Joe is now 1-4 against the Stains, I’ll take it. Browns matchup incredibly well with us and we fought through some very tough injuries today. This was an incredibly gritty win. There aren’t going to be many if any blowouts the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ugly win is still a win. And given that Joe is now 1-4 against the Stains, I’ll take it. Browns matchup incredibly well with us and we fought through some very tough injuries today. This was an incredibly gritty win. There aren’t going to be many if any blowouts the rest of the way.

They only matchup well against us when they play with a lead (run the ball and pass rush). They are not built to come from behind.

I kept hearing about how well Cleveland’s CB’s matchup with our WR’s but Chase cooked them today. Even when literally everyone knew he was getting the ball with Tee and Boyd out.

Reply/Quote
I'm with everyone else... loved the flea-flicker (not really sure why it's called that?) and the Chase 'pass' was just... bizarre.

I'll take the W. Wishing the injuries are not as bad as they seem.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They only matchup well against us when they play with a lead (run the ball and pass rush). They are not built to come from behind.

I kept hearing about how well Cleveland’s CB’s matchup with our WR’s but Chase cooked them today. Even when literally everyone knew he was getting the ball with Tee and Boyd out.

Well this was the first time in 5 tries we were able to get a 2 score lead, so there is an obvious matchup issue.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well this was the first time in 5 tries we were able to get a 2 score lead, so there is an obvious matchup issue.

No Chase and no Reader in our 1st game against them this season. Just sayin.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:42 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'm with everyone else... loved the flea-flicker (not really sure why it's called that?) and the Chase 'pass' was just... bizarre.

I'll take the W. Wishing the injuries are not as bad as they seem.

Zac laughed when asked. Chase was never suppose to pass. He nerded out
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not trying to derail thread but just want to say as Rare Earth did, that "I just want to celebrate" the steelers and the Browns being officially out of the playoff race.

Always good when either gets eliminated.  I'll celebrate more when Pitt finally clinches that losing season that's so overdue and so richly deserved  ThumbsUp

And, hopefully the Clowns can rebound next week and finally bring down this Ratbird house of cards.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ugly wins in a five game win streak are a good thing. Fle flicker was a helluva call.

That was definitely a thing of beauty. Often see these types of plays overthrown but Burrow hit Irwin in stride wide open! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Always good when either gets eliminated.  I'll celebrate more when Pitt finally clinches that losing season that's so overdue and so richly deserved  ThumbsUp

And, hopefully the Clowns can rebound next week and finally bring down this Ratbird house of cards.  

The birds have been winning by the slimmest of margins.  Let's hope that ends next week.

It's VERY likely that the CIN v BAL game will decide the AFC North.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: And even a glancing look at the standings shows the truth of this. Had the Stealers been even minimally competent today we would have gotten into a much better place - now if the Rats beat the Stains next week we lose all the AFCN tiebreakers. 

Those tiebreakers won't matter if we just beat them the last game. We are already even. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Those tiebreakers won't matter if we just beat them the last game. We are already even. 

We gotta win completely out though unless they drop one.
Reply/Quote
Since the bye week, 4 games, 5 sacks. Offensive line is gelled.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Since the bye week, 4 games, 5 sacks. Offensive line is gelled.

The tackles weren’t great today, but it was good enough.

In those 4 games they’ve played:

TJ Watt
Cam Heyward
Jeffrey Simmons
Chris Jones
Miles Garrett

They’ve gone 4-0, and overall held up very well.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:42 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'm with everyone else... loved the flea-flicker (not really sure why it's called that?) and the Chase 'pass' was just... bizarre.

I'll take the W.  Wishing the injuries are not as bad as they seem.

The movement a dog makes to scratch his ears 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The tackles weren’t great today, but it was good enough.

In those 4 games they’ve played:

TJ Watt
Cam Heyward
Jeffrey Simmons
Chris Jones
Miles Garrett

They’ve gone 4-0, and overall held up very well.

Definitely gave up the most pressure today in the past 4 weeks. Collins got worked.
Reply/Quote