Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
(02-12-2023, 12:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Tyreek Hill's stuff is awful but we rarely hear anything about it because there's no video. He has what a domestic violence and child abuse charges?

I heard the recorded phone call with his kid's mom. It was bad enough.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They are going to let the Pissburgh Pig into the HOF who has *allegedly* done worse.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Call me reaching out, but I know of 3 incidents where Mixon made news for negative activity:

Parking Ticket in college

Bar incident in college

This reported road rage incident

What did all 3 have in common?  

Guessing everybody else egging it on except Joe Mixon  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Call me reaching out, but I know of 3 incidents where Mixon made news for negative activity:

Parking Ticket in college

Bar incident in college

This reported road rage incident

What did all 3 have in common? 

Parking ticket? And Alleged road rage that was rescinded? All since 2014? My god! Let's send him to the gallows for that, eh?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 12:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: She decked him? Lol may as well say that Mixon was fighting for his life out there. Good grief. 

Did she hit him first? YES. Did she shove him first? YES. Was she wasted drunk and not in control of herself? YES (shockingly claims she has no recollection of anything she did to incite or excalate the situation). Does she have a history of arrests? YES.

Would Joe have punched her had she not pushed and hit him? HAVE TO GUESS NO.

You guys are clowning yourselves at this point.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 09:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Parking ticket? And Alleged road rage that was rescinded? All since 2014? My god! Let's send him to the gallows for that, eh?

You might want to research the "parking ticket".

The lady went to the police station and filed the report that a motorist pointed a gun at her and said:

"You should be popped in the face, I should shoot you, the police can't get me.". This was later determined to be Joe Mixon

No one has said "send him to the gallows"

You kinda trying too hard to "not excuse his actions"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 10:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Did she hit him first? YES. Did she shove him first? YES. Was she wasted drunk and not in control of herself? YES (shockingly claims she has no recollection of anything she did to incite or excalate the situation). Does she have a history of arrests? YES.

You must be Joe's mom. 

She wasnt out of control when she walked away from Mixon and went inside to get away from him and his friends.  I love the victim blaming, you are one of those guys that says "she shouldn't have worn such a short skirt if she didn't want to be sexually assaulted".

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 10:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Did she hit him first? YES. Did she shove him first? YES. Was she wasted drunk and not in control of herself? YES (shockingly claims she has no recollection of anything she did to incite or excalate the situation). Does she have a history of arrests? YES.

Oh, goodness. None of this is relevant to what I posted. I never said she didn't hit him first, or push him. I made fun of you for saying she decked him because you're being absurd. She lightly slapped him, and he responded by quite literally breaking her face. Now, there are two trains of thought here that I think are reasonable.

1. Don't hit people if you don't want to get hit.
  2. Respond reasonably when you are confronted by a weaker person.
Amelia shouldn't have pushed or slapped him. She was 100% wrong for that. However, Mixon is also 100% in the wrong for how he responded. Mixon is a collegiate athlete, likely outweighs her by 80 pounds, and he responded to a light slap to the face by hitting her hard enough to bounce her head off of a table which required facial surgery to fix. All of this can be true. To me, in my humble opinion, a (sober?) collegiate athlete breaking a drunk woman's face after she lightly slaps him is ridiculous in the same way as a grown man kicking a 12 year old's ass because he kicked him in the shin.

Amelia's arrest record is irrelevant to this situation. She was arrested for marijuana in 2013. It has no ties to the altercation. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You might want to research the "parking ticket".

The lady went to the police station and filed the report that a motorist pointed a gun at her and said:

"You should be popped in the face, I should shoot you, the police can't get me.". This was later determined to be Joe Mixon

No one has said "send him to the gallows"

You kinda trying too hard to "not excuse his actions"

And those charges were rescinded due to no evidence besides the victim saying it happened.

What actions have I excused?

He tore up a parking ticket and tossed it? Oh my goodness! Oh my oh my. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 11:41 AM)PDub80 Wrote: And those charges were rescinded due to no evidence besides the victim saying it happened.

What actions have I excused?

He tore up a parking ticket and tossed it? Oh my goodness! Oh my oh my. 

Well, let's start with that one:

Quote:Joe Mixon was so frustrated with a parking citation that he tore up the ticket in front of the parking attendant and threw it at the parking attendant.

Mixon reportedly approached the parking attendant right after the citation was written.

“Don’t put that shi*t in my face,” Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.

Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.

According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.

Mixon then got into his vehicle and “inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle,” the report details.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 11:18 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh, goodness. None of this is relevant to what I posted. I never said she didn't hit him first, or push him. I made fun of you for saying she decked him because you're being absurd. She lightly slapped him, and he responded by quite literally breaking her face. Now, there are two trains of thought here that I think are reasonable.

Amelia shouldn't have pushed or slapped him. She was 100% wrong for that. However, Mixon is also 100% in the wrong for how he responded. Mixon is a collegiate athlete, likely outweighs her by 80 pounds, and he responded to a light slap to the face by hitting her hard enough to bounce her head off of a table which required facial surgery to fix. All of this can be true. To me, in my humble opinion, a (sober?) collegiate athlete breaking a drunk woman's face after she lightly slaps him is ridiculous in the same way as a grown man kicking a 12 year old's ass because he kicked him in the shin.

Amelia's arrest record is irrelevant to this situation. She was arrested for marijuana in 2013. It has no ties to the altercation. 

https://kfor.com/news/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/amp/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don't know why re-hashing any of that stuff matters at this point. Those risks were all considered and accepted years ago. And I don't think really matters to how you handle this going forward.

If there's evidence that he pulled a gun in a road rage incident then the team should move on from him. Evidence beyond a potentially money motivated complaint, that is. Aside from the risk of a volatile player and the fact that the money doesn't make sense, they should send the message to the locker room that such behavior isn't acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, let's start with that one:

Oh my god! He threw a parking ticket. And allegedly inched his car forward to leave after the guy blocked him from leaving. Holy shit! That's right up there with bank robbery..... 6 YEARS AGO.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 11:18 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh, goodness. None of this is relevant to what I posted. I never said she didn't hit him first, or push him. I made fun of you for saying she decked him because you're being absurd. She lightly slapped him, and he responded by quite literally breaking her face. Now, there are two trains of thought here that I think are reasonable.

I think some of you need to pause to consider the concepts of cause and effect. Did her actions of 2x laying hands on Joe Mixon cause her to get punched? YES. That is why she was punched. Yet, you keep ducking the fact that she layed hands on him 2x and are excusing that with "She's a drunk girl". Well, soemtimes the reaction you get isn't the one you expect.

I also enjoy that some of you think it's ok for the first offender in any situation to set the level of aggression and response. That's funny. On the few occasions in my life that someone has been stupid enough to physically touch at me with violence, they immediately regretted it. Not a little. But a lot. Enough to know to not touch me ever again. The first actor in a violent situation doesn't set the level of violence. They just set the fact that there is violence being done. After that, good luck to em. 

^ That being said...

I would personally NEVER hit a woman unless a life was in danger or they had a weapon or something. But I cannot put my values onto Joe Mixon and neither can you. Joe Mixon was a teenager when he did that. Are teenagers in great control of their emotional responses? Typically NOT.

Do I think his response was warranted? NO! Not at all. And I've repeatedly said this.

Do I think Mixon's group started the war of words w inapropriate comments? YES

Did the girl have a chance to not punch or slap him? YES

Did she get punched after she slapped/punched him? YES

Was she physically being threatened or in danger before she hit Mixon? NO

Did I excuse Joe Mixon's response? NO

I brought up her arrest record and that she was hammered drunk in public (during the incident) to show that she is no choir girl. Ironically people are getting upset at that... WHILE BRINGING UP A PARKING TICKET AGAINST JOE MIXON. The hypocrisy is in that is thick. Hilarious, actually.

All I did in my original post that got some of you simps feathers all up was say that there were layers to what happened in 2014 and that Mixon has been no trouble at all since being a Bengal. I then layed out what happened after reading repeated false statements from members on here because some of you goofballs seemingly like to imagine different scenarios - of which I provided links showing that you guys were full of #%&* in your recollection of events.

At least none of you are trying to dispute the facts of what happened and we're just down to a parking ticket and he shouldn't have responded that way. No shit, Sherlock. Of course he shouldn't have responded that way. NO ONE IS SAYING HE SHOULD HAVE.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:33 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think some of you need to pause to consider the concepts of cause and effect. Did her actions of 2x laying hands on Joe Mixon cause her to get punched? YES. That is why she was punched. Yet, you keep ducking the fact that she layed hands on him 2x and are excusing that with "She's a drunk girl". Well, soemtimes the reaction you get isn't the one you expect.

I also enjoy that some of you think it's ok for the first offender in any situation to set the level of aggression and response. That's funny. On the few occasions in my life that someone has been stupid enough to physically touch at me with violence, they immediately regretted it. Not a little. But a lot. Enough to know to not touch me ever again. The first actor in a violent situation doesn't set the level of violence. They just set the fact that there is violence being done. After that, good luck to em. 

^ That being said...

Do I think his response was warranted? NO! Not at all. And I've repeatedly said this.

All I did in my original post that got some of you simps feathers all up was say that there were layers to what happened in 2014 and that Mixon has been no trouble at all since being a Bengal. I then layed out what happened after reading repeated false statements from members on here because some of you goofballs seemingly like to imagine different scenarios - of which I provided links showing that you guys were full of #%&* in your recollection of events.

At least none of you are trying to dispute the facts of what happened and we're just down to a parking ticket and he shouldn't have responded that way. No shit, Sherlock. Of course he shouldn't have responded that way. NO ONE IS SAYING HE SHOULD HAVE.

I am ***** rolling my eyes so far back into my head, I may go blind. 

Anyways, I think you have a reading comprehension issue so I am not sure I can help someone in your position. I haven't said anything about the chain of events, or the facts of the case or whatever it is you are forcing yourself to censor the post on. I'm not even sure we disagree, to be honest. You're just lumping me in with the other guys you are arguing with. I simply came in to correct you on your "deck" wording. Claiming that Amelia "decked" Mixon is about as laughable as that "they regretted it. A lot." paragraph that you just typed out. That's why I made the joke about "fighting for his life" but it looks like that one didn't connect with the neurons up there. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:19 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh my god! He threw a parking ticket. And allegedly inched his car forward to leave after the guy blocked him from leaving. Holy shit! That's right up there with bank robbery..... 6 YEARS AGO.

The point everyone seems to be trying to make is that you don't seem to view it as another incident where Mixon allowed emotion to overrule his logical self, and resorted to violence or threat of violence to leverage a situation.

If the parking attendant incident were a lone, isolated event, then sure he could have been given a pass for it.  But with this road rage incident and showing a pistol making the 3rd such incident, one really has to seriously question the character and mental stability of the guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:19 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh my god! He threw a parking ticket. And allegedly inched his car forward to leave after the guy blocked him from leaving. Holy shit! That's right up there with bank robbery..... 6 YEARS AGO.

Well, it's good to see you're not excusing anything. A well thought out rational discussion can be had with the likes of you. 

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:33 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think some of you need to pause to consider the concepts of cause and effect. Did her actions of 2x laying hands on Joe Mixon cause her to get punched? YES. That is why she was punched. Yet, you keep ducking the fact that she layed hands on him 2x and are excusing that with "She's a drunk girl". Well, soemtimes the reaction you get isn't the one you expect.

^ That being said...

I would personally NEVER hit a woman unless a life was in danger or they had a weapon or something. But I cannot put my values onto Joe Mixon and neither can you. Joe Mixon was a teenager when he did that. Are teenagers in great control of their emotional responses? Typically NOT.

Did she get punched after she slapped/punched him? YES

Was she physically being threatened or in danger before she hit Mixon? NO

I brought up her arrest record and that she was hammered drunk in public (during the incident) to show that she is no choir girl. Ironically people are getting upset at that... WHILE BRINGING UP A PARKING TICKET AGAINST JOE MIXON. The hypocrisy is in that is thick. Hilarious, actually.

The parking ticket was brought up as it was another example of an act of aggression committed against a female by Joe Mixon, not because he didn't know where to park his car.  

But I do agree there's at least one "simp" in this discussion. Keep thinking it's others. 

Reply/Quote

We should've never drafted him, the only reason we did is because he fell to the 2nd round & Mike loves his reclamation projects. He needs cut for this newest incident to prove a point. Screw the extra money saved by cutting him June 1st. You don't change someone who breaks a woman's jaw while he is supposedly sober. Never liked him. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 03:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The point everyone seems to be trying to make is that you don't seem to view it as another incident where Mixon allowed emotion to overrule his logical self, and resorted to violence or threat of violence to leverage a situation.

If the parking attendant incident were a lone, isolated event, then sure he could have been given a pass for it.  But with this road rage incident and showing a pistol making the 3rd such incident, one really has to seriously question the character and mental stability of the guy.

I would view it that way if 1: They actually arrested him instead of rescinding the charges and 2: The incidents were closer together. 6 years between now and the punch.

Guy was a teenager who did 1 abhorrent thing. Oh, and the parking ticket. I don't want to leave that out.

I can't brand the guy a violent nut job based off of 1 issue 6 years ago and an alledged incident whoch was rescinded.

BTW, I am NOT some Joe Mixon turbo fan. If they cut him and gave his money to Pratt and Perine, I am fine w it. I just think this whole thing devolved into something fro. 6 years ago that wasn't some cut and dry "He beats women". 
Reply/Quote