Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbelievable in the AFC North
If things hold up the Bengals, as awful as they are, will be a half game out of first place, on the loss side!!!

Ravens defense looking very similar to the defense of old.

Looks like the great QB warrior should have stayed on the sideline today!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 05:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If things hold up the Bengals, as awful as they are, will be a half game out of first place, on the loss side!!!

Ravens defense looking very similar to the defense of old.

Looks like the great QB warrior should have stayed on the sideline today!!

This is why I didn't write the Bengals off yet. I honestly believe the Bengals will win the Division.
Reply/Quote
Now imagine if Nugent wasn't so damn awful at football. They'd be tied for first.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Now imagine if Nugent wasn't so damn awful at football. They'd be tied for first.

Ouch, didn't even think about that....
Reply/Quote
If things play out correctly, we could leap over Pitt into second place next week. Baltimore hosts Cleveland, so that's a W for them. But, if we can beat the Giants, and if Dak and the 'Boys can take care of bidness in Pitt, we're 4-4-1 and alone in second place, just a half game behind Balt. Not too bad a spot with seven games to play.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 06:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If things play out correctly, we could leap over Pitt into second place next week.  Baltimore hosts Cleveland, so that's a W for them.  But, if we can beat the Giants, and if Dak and the 'Boys can take care of bidness in Pitt, we're 4-4-1 and alone in second place, just a half game behind Balt.  Not too bad a spot with seven games to play.

History is against the Bengals next Monday night because it's a big stage game as they have already won and tied one.

That being said, a win in New York, being big stage, would be a big step to rewrite a little history and gain some ground if Dallas wins.

I can only go on the franchise history, but like Yogi says, "it ain't over till it's over"!
Reply/Quote
As bad as this division is, maybe 8-7-1 will take it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 08:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As bad as this division is, maybe 8-7-1 will take it.

That would be our only likely hope of making the playoffs since KC, Oakland, and Denver already have 6 wins. Wild Card doesn't seem likely for us this year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I'm not falling for it. Giants whooped the eagles today, they have a good wr trio there, idk how we will contain that with this secondary. We will have to be unstoppable on offense to win.
Reply/Quote
I think 9-6-1 will get us there. I don't see Pitt or Baltimore going better than 5-3 the rest of the way. And we have 3 chances to put some L's on those teams
Reply/Quote
Bengals still in it based on the current standings. However, I think we lose at the Giants next week which will put us in a must win situation the rest of the season. 8-7-1 might just squeak in.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Okay call me a dreamer. The Bengals are basically the same team as last year, give or take a few players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson. But they get Gilberry back which stabilizes the defense to a certain extent. Burfict has had time to get himself back into his old dominant role as linebacker and leader of the defense. Eifert is back and healthy and ready to score some TD's. The AFCN is up for grabs and the schedule is easier the second half of the season. Bengals win the division with a 10-5-1 record.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:16 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Okay call me a dreamer. The Bengals are basically the same team as last year, give or take a few players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson. But they get Gilberry back which stabilizes the defense to a certain extent. Burfict has had time to get himself back into his old dominant role as linebacker and leader of the defense. Eifert is back and healthy and ready to score some TD's. The AFCN is up for grabs and the schedule is easier the second half of the season. Bengals win the division with a 10-5-1 record.

Eh. That 7-1 run in 2012 was pretty flukey. Hard to see it happening again 4 years later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
best i could see is 6-2 to finish out but that is doubtful even.

Will hold out hope momentarily since Eiffert seemed to make immediate impact maybe they turn things around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Now imagine if Nugent wasn't so damn awful at football. They'd be tied for first.

I bet he mentored the Steeler kicker how to make the onside kick LMAO
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 09:16 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Okay call me a dreamer. The Bengals are basically the same team as last year, give or take a few players, Jones, Sanu, Nelson. But they get Gilberry back which stabilizes the defense to a certain extent. Burfict has had time to get himself back into his old dominant role as linebacker and leader of the defense. Eifert is back and healthy and ready to score some TD's. The AFCN is up for grabs and the schedule is easier the second half of the season. Bengals win the division with a 10-5-1 record.

no way we finish with a 10-5-1 record 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 08:31 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm not falling for it. Giants whooped the eagles today, they have a good wr trio there, idk how we will contain that with this secondary. We will have to be unstoppable on offense to win.

Don't forget the awesome pass rush, or the stellar LB play. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
The North is toast.

Reply/Quote
All kidding aside, if they lose Monday, then you can almost bet losses in the last 2 big stagers against Houston and Pittsburgh.  The way the Ravens D looks, we will be fortunate for a split with them so that's 4 losses which means they would have to win in Buffalo, beat the Eagles at home, and the Browns in Cleveland, plus the split with Ravens, which would leave them 7-8-1, which is what my first half finish prediction was changed to.

Don't think it's going to happen this year.

If the reports about Brown finally having concerns about Lewis are accurate, and if they don't make the playoffs along with a losing record, he (Brown) just may go to Lewis with the GM plan.  

Thing is I've never heard ANY articles or quotes expressing Brown's concern before, so there's that!

BTW right now it does look like both WC teams will come from the West, assuming no meltdown in the division, and unless there is a complete meltdown in the North, like there was in the NFC South in 2014, a division win would be the only way the Bengals get it in and I don't see it.
Reply/Quote
I do not look at the win column due to bye weeks....I look at the loss column......Bengals, Steelers, Ravens all have 4 losses....The Bengals are very much in this race.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote