Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbelievable in the AFC North
(11-07-2016, 10:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Historically true sad to say. "Book it, Danno.

I noticed the Ravens tackled Bell around the ankles and dropped him every time. The Bengals try to tackle the shoulder pads and always lose the battle. What happened to tackling 101? Maybe there is a book they can read during this bye week. E.g. Tackling for Dummies. Cry

Seems like many don't want to tackle anymore.  They don't want to wrap someone up, they want to blast them.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the Bengals had to have the bye to help me out last weekend lmao

Ravens Defense played the Stoolers perfect. Take away their strengths for hecksake!

We usually play the Ravens great though and they don't know how to take away AJ Green and now we have Eifert.

Maybe not all is lost, nice thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not trying to flame you...actually, I used to think like you do.  But Gilberry would stabilize the defense?  He is going to play LB, S, or CB?  The back end of the Bengals defense looks unprepared, slow, and tentative.  That is what makes me so angry.  The offense could really be rolling by the time the end of the season rolls around (it actually looks pretty good right now) but the "don't give up the big play so we will just die 10 yards at a time" defense of Breshnahan past has made zero adjustments and are one of the worst units in all of football.  

There is nothing I would rather see more than the Bengals defense finding their old, aggressive nature, and playing really strong down the stretch, but I just don't see it with this group.  They are old (Jones, Peko), fat (Maualuga, Burfict), and slow (MJ, Dansby).  When your surprise player on defense is Margus Hunt, you are in trouble.  

Pray Praying for this team to prove me wrong.  
AMEN to that!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 12:22 AM)Derrick Wrote: AMEN to that!

At this point I am a complete atheist when it comes to the Bengals.  No gracious God would permit this many decades of suffering  Cry
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My prediction:
Baltimore & Cleveland tie, Cowboys & Giants win

Baltimore 4-4-1
Pittsburgh 4-5
Cincinnati 3-5-1
Cleveland 0-9-1
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: All kidding aside, if they lose Monday, then you can almost bet losses in the last 2 big stagers against Houston and Pittsburgh.  The way the Ravens D looks, we will be fortunate for a split with them so that's 4 losses which means they would have to win in Buffalo, beat the Eagles at home, and the Browns in Cleveland, plus the split with Ravens, which would leave them 7-8-1, which is what my first half finish prediction was changed to.

Don't think it's going to happen this year.

If the reports about Brown finally having concerns about Lewis are accurate, and if they don't make the playoffs along with a losing record, he (Brown) just may go to Lewis with the GM plan.  

Thing is I've never heard ANY articles or quotes expressing Brown's concern before, so there's that!

BTW right now it does look like both WC teams will come from the West, assuming no meltdown in the division, and unless there is a complete meltdown in the North, like there was in the NFC South in 2014, a division win would be the only way the Bengals get it in and I don't see it.

What offense other than Pittsburgh, has Baltimore's D stopped. Carr threw 4 TDs on them, albeit only 199 yards. Eli threw for 400 yards on them, ODB caught 200 yards on them,  Crowell even put up 100 yards on them earlier in the season. Point being, are they a decent D? Yes. Are they the number 1 D like their stats suggest? Nope.

Edit:

Also mind you Pittsburgh was pretty hobbled at that time, as well.
Reply/Quote