Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown Thread - (No Bashing wanted)
This thread is dedicated to the Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown.

Lack of the success Fans want on the field can lead many of us to overly Bash the Owner out of Frustration.
Many have fun with the jokes at Mike Brown's expense including myself at times.

Easy to overlook what are likely many positive qualities that our team's Owner has.
I think that Mike Brown is a good and honorable man.
Likely underappreciated by fans too focused on the Football side results.

I think he has tried his best, in his own way, to win.
I have no doubt that he was Stoked right after the AJ Green and Andy Dalton Draft thinking that Draft could set his team on the path to winning. It has in a way, though not to the Playoff win level yet. I think he does want to win for the Fans & the City.

Charitable, Loyal and respectful to others are just a few of his Good qualities.

Many of you likely have other Good qualities or positive stories about Mike Brown to Post.

If so, Post them here.

As requested, "No Bashing" on this Thread please. Plenty of other Threads to do that on.

Let's balance the scale at least a little with some Positives about Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a believer in "participation trophies". I'm a numbers and analytics guy. With that being said I will walk away from this discussion. Nice thought though.
Reply/Quote
They're still the CINCINNATI Bengals and not in a different city. For that I'm thankful.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 11:57 AM)depthchart Wrote: This thread is dedicated to the Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown.

Lack of the success Fans want on the field can lead many of us to overly Bash the Owner out of Frustration.

Easy to overlook what are likely many positive qualities that our team's Owner has.

I have no doubt that he was Stoked right after the AJ Green and Andy Dalton Draft thinking that Draft could set his team on the path to winning. It has in a way, though not to the Playoff win level yet. I think he does want to win for the Fans & the City.

Charitable, Loyal and respectful to others are just a few of his Good qualities.

Many of you likely have other Good qualities or positive stories about Mike Brown to Post.

If so, Post them here.

As requested, "No Bashing" on this Thread please. Plenty of other Threads to do that on.

I can see why employees of the Bengals might like Mike Brown. The owner is very tied into the operations and personally cares about everyone that works for him. He isn't solely driven by results.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike is loyal, he is understanding, he is steadfast and he is intelligent with finances.

Now, I could add a HUGE however to every one of those points but since this thread isn't calling for any negativity, I'll leave it at that.
Reply/Quote
If I ever need a business deal negotiated, I'd want him on my side.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He isn't adding cars to the junk yard.
Reply/Quote
His forcing employees to re-use paper napkins, tea bags and coffee stirrers helps with the whole Green movement.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The way he handled Devon Still's situation was honorable. Still had no business making the team that year. Brown kept him around out of pure kindness.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 09:46 PM)jason Wrote: The way he handled Devon Still's situation was honorable. Still had no business making the team that year. Brown kept him around out of pure kindness.

Could not have came up with a better one.
Reply/Quote
A lot of ones have already been mentioned upthread - Devon Still, loyalty, etc. I would also add that we've never had to dismantle a team due to cap hades. And this in spite of our usually paying our own. We've always resisted backloading contracts - ironically a practice other franchises are starting to imitate us on.
Reply/Quote
The loaded nachos at PBS are good.
Reply/Quote
While it's as much of a con as it is a pro...he's willing to take chances on players that have issues. This lets us get quality players for cheap.
Reply/Quote
it's still called 'Paul Brown Stadium'...when just about every thing else in the NFL is sold for sponsorship i like the fact that we have no sold our stadium rights to the highest bidder
Reply/Quote
Although agents of the top tier athletes may want a bigger market for their players from a pure endorsement and marketing standpoint, I think the fact that Mike Brown honors their contracts 99% of the time is a real positive for free agents.

How many players have signed huge non-guaranteed deals only to be cut before the big dollars arrive at the end. This has been a very common practice in the NFL. Not the Bengals. I thought it was nuts to pay Leon Hall 9.5 million at the end of his contract, but Brown typically honors the contracts he signs and that should ingratiate him to potential free agents and their agents alike. Slowly, the reputation of being a tightwad is evaporating. Not so much on these boards, but in the perception of the NFL in general.
Reply/Quote
Being a decent human being actually goes a lot further than people seem to want to believe. 
I can't get inside his mind, but I do believe he is an honorable man who doesn't just blow off people for the sake of an ego.
I do believe he truly wants the team to win and win big, but there are a lot of moving parts to the game and the business. All the knocks about every little nitpicking issue is usually unwarranted, but fans for the most part seem to think they all know more than anyone involved in running the team despite the fact that 99.99% have never so much as sniffed football as a business. They forget that football is a business and that business is the entertainment industry first and foremost. They don't build widgets, houses, cars or really any tangible items and the few items that they do sell are not manufactured in some factory in the bowels of Paul Brown Stadium. The only product they provide is entertainment and like it or not the Bengals are entertaining. I know some of you think that having players of questionable backgrounds negatively reflects on the business and to a small extent it does, but it's very small when compared with every other team be it football, baseball or any other part of the entertainment industry. 
Nobody is forced to watch or partake in sports and I believe that Mike Brown has to weight the negatives with what will attract fans and that includes how well any given player plays his position. He could only sign players with impeccable backgrounds who have never been in any sort of trouble, but the pool of players with that kind of unblemished records is very limited. On top of it they also have to recruit guys not afraid to be very aggressive and violent when needed and try to limit that innate aggressiveness to only the field of play and actually win. That's a hell of a balancing act when you think about it. 
I don't know that I'd want to follow a team that only cares about winning at the expense of reputation, decency and how people are treated as human beings. 
I'm not 100% sure MB always measures up in every category of decency, but there's enough decency in him that I admire.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 11:57 AM)depthchart Wrote: This thread is dedicated to the Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown.

If so, Post them here.

Stop. Please.  Thanks. 
Reply/Quote
His daughter is smokin' hot!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 05:59 AM)sonofstat Wrote: it's still called 'Paul Brown Stadium'...when just about every thing else in the NFL is sold for sponsorship i like the fact that we have no sold our stadium rights to the highest bidder

I know Gold Star is the official chili of PBS, but if there was a sponsor for the Bengals stadium, Skyline Stadium sounds cool.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 09:19 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Stop. Please.  Thanks. 

You can join in too, Marlon23.

Just make one Nice Post about MB.

You can do it. Come on. Say something Nice.  :heart:
Reply/Quote