Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniform Schedule?
(09-09-2020, 11:08 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wasn't a big Marvin fan but I completely agree with him on uniform color.  it doesn't matter.  If it's hot it's hot in black, white, orange, whatever.

People act like those teams that wear white uniforms in the heat win more than those that wear dark colors.  The bottom line is the best team wins.  The one wearing a more reflective color does not win any more often than the one across the field.

Suck it up and play the game.  

The very first game Marvin ever coached was at home against Denver. The team wore black jerseys that afternoon. Along with black pants (in the older uniform design). I believe it was 90 that day. The Bengals got crushed.

I think Marvin learned his lesson after that. Shame that Zac still hasn’t... even though it won’t be insanely hot, why risk wearing black?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: As I said before I don't really pay a lot of attention to the uniforms, but I wonder why we never seem to wear the orange jerseys with black pants.

Didn't they do that once?  I'm thinking a big primetime game against Denver for some reason?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: As I said before I don't really pay a lot of attention to the uniforms, but I wonder why we never seem to wear the orange jerseys with black pants.

Last time we wore orange on black was against the Saints in 2018... the game that got Teryl Austin (finally) fired. I think they wore orange on black twice in 2017. And the orange on black finally made it’s triumphant return agains the Eagles in 2016. That was the first time they wore orange on black since 2005.

IMO, the team should wear orange twice a year. Once with white pants, and once with black... and I wish they’d wear black socks when they wear orange on white. The orange socks make them look too much like construction workers. Color rush should be worn once a year, but I wish they’d just wear throwbacks to the 70’s uniforms. With B E N G A L S on the helmet (just for one game a year, they should never fully change the helmet. Ever.)
Reply/Quote

Indeed, you haven't been paying attention; we wore them:

2016: 1
2017: 2
2018: 1

Last year we only wore orange once and they were the white pants.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: c3kuysjb4crbm4zt85zl.jpg]https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-2020-uniform-schedule-color-rush-dates-revealed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It's scheduled to be in the 80's Sunday and coming off the most truncated Preseason in history. I wonder who was the genius that thought: We should wear Black.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's scheduled to be in the 80's Sunday and coming off the most truncated Preseason in history. I wonder who was the genius that thought: We should wear Black.

Same person who decided it was a great idea to wear all black for the home opener against San Fran last year Whatever

I’m guessing someone in the PR department?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:08 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wasn't a big Marvin fan but I completely agree with him on uniform color.  it doesn't matter.  If it's hot it's hot in black, white, orange, whatever.

People act like those teams that wear white uniforms in the heat win more than those that wear dark colors.  The bottom line is the best team wins.  The one wearing a more reflective color does not win any more often than the one across the field.

Suck it up and play the game.  

I know when it is hot I wear white and when it is cold I wear black. It definitely makes a difference Daddy-O...
Reply/Quote

The majority of the players preferred the orange/white combo back in 2005. So the team decided on that combo as the alternate until 2016. I don't remember the exact reason for us going to back to the orange/black combo. I think either the players asked to change it up or it was supposed to honor the early Marvin teams.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 12:33 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The majority of the players preferred the orange/white combo back in 2005. So the team decided on that combo as the alternate until 2016. I don't remember the exact reason for us going to back to the orange/black combo. I think either the players asked to change it up or it was supposed to honor the early Marvin teams.

There was no official reason for the return to orange on black, at least not that I recall. I just remember it surprised a everyone when they took the field with black pants.

I follow quite a few uniform pages on social media (I have a problem, okay!?), and everyone was ecstatic to see that combo return. Many users were saying things along the lines of “they finally listened to us”, “the Bengals are paying attention to what the fans want”, etc. And it was true, people were clamoring for the orange on black to return for over a decade. Maybe the team did finally take notice and listened to what the fans wanted? Who knows...

All I know is that now... the vast majority of fans aren’t happy that the orange jerseys are seemingly being phased out for the color rush alternates. For the second year in a row the Bengals will only be wearing orange jerseys one time. And as far as I can remember, this is only the second time the bengals are wearing orange against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote