Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniform Video
(04-19-2021, 06:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man - Hubbard gets so much love from this organization. I think hes an OK player...but how is it possible that I can go online and buy his jersey and not a Bates jersey? Bates is one of the best in the league at his position...

Ohio State homers got money to spend.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 10:34 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I noticed that too - kind weird. 

My only thought is that its 2021 - cant have a white guy on a throne surrounded by black people. People would complain.

Should have been Chad, just like it started.
Chad will always be king.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 05:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Looking at them side by side I think the black is the biggest improvement.

Great side by side to see the difference. I'd say the orange is the "Least improved" but they did well with the new unis.
Reply/Quote
Here is a full video of Reveal. Great Watch.  

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 06:58 PM)Destro Wrote: Great side by side to see the difference. I'd say the orange is the "Least improved" but they did well with the new unis.

Yes but it does appear that they toned down the orange to a darker tint.

I like that.

[Image: mrw-i-see-any-gif-with-jim-carrey-110420.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Now we have clown uniforms to go with our clown coaches and front office.

LOL at the white uniforms with barely any orange on them. Talk about ruining a classic look.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 07:23 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Now we have clown uniforms to go with our clown coaches and front office.

LOL at the white uniforms with barely any orange on them. Talk about ruining a classic look.

Well that seems rather dramatic.

Anyway, I like them well enough. They are a good blend of the classic '70s plainness with the flashiness of the later eras.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 07:33 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Well that seems rather dramatic.

Anyway, I like them well enough. They are a good blend of the classic '70s plainness with the flashiness of the later eras.

They're the same fugly Walmart looking jerseys leaked a month ago.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 07:37 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: They're the same fugly Walmart looking jerseys leaked a month ago.

I'm glad I don't feel that way! You do you.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was really hoping the orange jersey would be my favorite because I don't own an orange jersey.
Unfortunately, it's probably my least favorite of the three.
Also, I'm sad that there is no Chad jersey on NFL Shop. They only have Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Hubbard.
https://shop.bengals.com/cincinnati-bengals-2021-official-jerseys/t-14603571+c-2347335471+z-95-2527749789?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-home}{al-A_Spot}{ct-Bengals_A}

Well the good thing is you can ask them to put whatever name and number you want on it, and they will.
Reply/Quote
Has the price of jerseys gone down?

It's been a LONG time since I bought one. (I bought a Carson and Chad in like 2005) If I remember correctly, "gameday" jerseys (the authentic ones) were almost $300. And then you could get some cheaper ones (still stitched but lightweight cheap material) at places like Footlocker for around $100 buck. And then there was the super cheap ones that were silkscrenned for around $50.

It looks like now the "gameday' jersey is only $119. And they have a limited edition for $149 (not sure what makes it limited edition). That's way cheaper than I thought for a real NFL jersey.

Am I understanding these versions and pricing correctly? Anyone else remember when they were a fortune?
Reply/Quote
Nice. Like them very much, clean, minimalistic and sharp. Look awesome on the boys.
Loved the vid but was also hoping Joey B ended up on the throne. But we all know he will anyway Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Has the price of jerseys gone down?

It's been a LONG time since I bought one. (I bought a Carson and Chad in like 2005)  If I remember correctly, "gameday" jerseys (the authentic ones) were almost $300.  And then you could get some cheaper ones (still stitched but lightweight cheap material) at places like Footlocker for around $100 buck.  And then there was the super cheap ones that were silkscrenned for around $50.

It looks like now the "gameday' jersey is only $119.  And they have a limited edition for $149 (not sure what makes it limited edition).  That's way cheaper than I thought for a real NFL jersey.

Am I understanding these versions and pricing correctly?  Anyone else remember when they were a fortune?

When I tried them on Sat it was the $150 jersey and it was SUPER nice. Felt ultra high quality. I see no reason to spend more on something you would wear around.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: When I tried them on Sat it was the $150 jersey and it was SUPER nice. Felt ultra high quality. I see no reason to spend more on something you would wear around.

Not sure which Jersey you tried on Saturday but for 150 the material might have been nice, but was the names +numbers tackle twill stitched?

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Has the price of jerseys gone down?

It's been a LONG time since I bought one. (I bought a Carson and Chad in like 2005) If I remember correctly, "gameday" jerseys (the authentic ones) were almost $300. And then you could get some cheaper ones (still stitched but lightweight cheap material) at places like Footlocker for around $100 buck. And then there was the super cheap ones that were silkscrenned for around $50.

It looks like now the "gameday' jersey is only $119. And they have a limited edition for $149 (not sure what makes it limited edition). That's way cheaper than I thought for a real NFL jersey.

Am I understanding these versions and pricing correctly? Anyone else remember when they were a fortune?

Current prices;

‘Legend’ - basically a T-shirt $90 (garbage)

‘Game’ - cheap screen printed $120 (don’t recommend these)

‘Limited’ - replicas with stitched numbers and names $150 (these are the best value imo)

‘Elite’ - closest to the on field jerseys the players wear you can buy $325 (never had one, I’ve thought about it but they come with the short sleeves like the authentic have)

Reply/Quote
- Good video (liked how they included Chad)
- Like previous uniforms better (seems like a slight small side to down grade, I like defined colors and contrast, not borderless transitions)

... it'll do... not wowed by it
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:24 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Not sure which Jersey you tried on Saturday but for 150 the material might have been nice, but I would venture to guess the Numbers/Names were embroidered and not the stitched tackle twill Numbers/Name. That Jersey is the Nike Vapor Elite (which they only offer in Burrow/Black as of now) and it's 324.99

I always get the Authentic jerseys (in any sport) to me even though the material is nice on some with the 150 versions, the plastic/press on embroidered numbers has such a "cheap" look to me.

Incorrect. The ‘Limited’ (($150) have stitched name & numbers. Only the accents are embroidered.

https://www.nflshop.com/cincinnati-bengals/mens-cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-nike-black-vapor-limited-jersey/t-58158059+p-155549182390+z-8-2784386215

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Incorrect. The ‘Limited’ (($150) have stitched name & numbers. Only the accents are embroidered.

https://www.nflshop.com/cincinnati-bengals/mens-cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-nike-black-vapor-limited-jersey/t-58158059+p-155549182390+z-8-2784386215

Yeah I noticed that and edited my post. Haven't bought a "Bengals" jersey in a long time since the last versions we had were hideous to me. I know in some other sports anything less than the Authentic has the cheap iron on type name/numbers. Glad to see they offer a better option for 150 now.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:51 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Yeah I noticed that and edited my post. Haven't bought a "Bengals" jersey in a long time since the last versions we had were hideous to me. I know in some other sports anything less than the Authentic has the cheap iron on type name/numbers. Glad to see they offer a better option for 150 now.

Yeah, I collect hockey jerseys, and those in particular it’s always good to go fully authentic. Huge drop off in quality on the replicas for them.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2021, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I collect hockey jerseys, and those in particular it’s always good to go fully authentic. Huge drop off in quality on the replicas for them.

That's exactly what I was referring too. Hockey, my 2nd fav sport. The replicas in that sport are  Sick
Reply/Quote