Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Uno with the kids
(10-07-2021, 07:58 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: And some cartoons are outlawed like Yo Samity Sam, Elmer Fudd and Dr. Seuss.

sad days indeed
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:58 PM)Earendil Wrote: All this talk of boomers and millennials, yet no one has said anything about Gen-X.  That's ok, we're used to being ignored. LOL

(10-08-2021, 12:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....and don't care!

Bingo!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:58 PM)Earendil Wrote: All this talk of boomers and millennials, yet no one has said anything about Gen-X.  That's ok, we're used to being ignored. LOL

I mentioned Gen X :)
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 10:17 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mentioned Gen X :)

You did, but I was ignoring you. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 10:37 AM)Earendil Wrote: You did, but I was ignoring you. Tongue

Ah, using the other generations' weapons against them! Nice Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ever see a skunk talk and behave like a human?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he talked and moved in that manner to open up more doors for the comedy writers to work with. Otherwise, they would've just filmed some skunks in nature and thrown it on PBS with a laugh track. Almost all the Loony Toons were based on animals and their interactions. Bugs was hunted because he was a rabbit. Sylvester always tried to eat Tweety Bird, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've noticed that - largely thanks to Burrow and Chase - the Bengals have been all over national media lately. One of those terrible sports shows that usually talks about LeBron James every day came up with the topic "can Burrow be the next Aaron Rodgers" or something like that.

I've just been seeing a lot of Bengals talk, and that's nice for a change. I think the media recognizes the star potential of these two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:19 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've noticed that - largely thanks to Burrow and Chase - the Bengals have been all over national media lately. One of those terrible sports shows that usually talks about LeBron James every day came up with the topic "can Burrow be the next Aaron Rodgers" or something like that.

I've just been seeing a lot of Bengals talk, and that's nice for a change. I think the media recognizes the star potential of these two.

Burrow has definitely put us back on the map. Maybe as much as any player we’ve had since Chad. AJ and Geno were never really in the spotlight much (probably at least partially due to their personalities). Burfict got a lot of national attention, but for all the wrong reasons.

And yeah, it does feel good. I see a lot of primetime games, and outside interest in Bengals going forward.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow has definitely put us back on the map. Maybe as much as any player we’ve had since Chad. AJ and Geno were never really in the spotlight much (probably at least partially due to their personalities). Burfict got a lot of national attention, but for all the wrong reasons.

And yeah, it does feel good. I see a lot of primetime games, and outside interest in Bengals going forward.

That's what I don't get when I hear a talking head say the Bengals are 2-3 years away. Why? We have an elite QB, probably the best receiving trio in the league, a top 5 RB, a better o line, and a top 10 defense with a badass front 7 and when healthy a very stout backfield. The time is now..... 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow has definitely put us back on the map. Maybe as much as any player we’ve had since Chad. AJ and Geno were never really in the spotlight much (probably at least partially due to their personalities). Burfict got a lot of national attention, but for all the wrong reasons.

Well I haven't seen a player with that much star power coming out of college since Tim Tebow (yeah yeah, I know). I think that's why the media tried to will him to a different team. They wanted to talk about Burrow, but felt he'd flounder in Cincy.

Well, he's not...so now they can talk about him. Chase just makes it even better.
Reply/Quote