Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Time of Possession and Run/Pass Ratio
The team which scores the most points usually has more Time of Possession but not today; the Bengals ran only 42 offensive plays all day — 18 passes and 24 rushes — while possessing the ball for only 24:38. Scoring three touchdowns and a field goal in that short time of possession while running only 42 plays is extremely efficient.

The Steelers, conversely, possessed the ball for 35:22 while The Pig threw 58 pass attempts against only 15 run plays. From these 73 plays came only ten points. That’s horrible offense.

Props to the Bengals’ defense!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No doubt Defense won this game.. two of our scores game off turnovers and short field..I referenced earlier this team is looking more like our playoff run team with Dalton and Green and a strong Running game with a solid defense.. just put in Burrow/Chase/Mixon with a strong defense. the hope is Burrow rises above Dalton and is able to dominate games when needed in the future but right now the mix we have if our Oline improves a bit more on pass blocking can win games
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No doubt Defense won this game.. two of our scores game off turnovers and short field..I referenced earlier this team is looking more like our playoff run team with Dalton and Green and a strong Running game with a solid defense.. just put in Burrow/Chase/Mixon with a strong defense. the hope is Burrow rises above Dalton and is able to dominate games when needed in the future but right now the mix we have if our Oline improves a bit more on pass blocking can win games

Burrow has to be given the chance to dominate games, but I don’t know that ZT will allow it. Today when up 24-7 we got the ball midway through the 3rd and it was a perfect time for a kill shot, instead ZT went run run pass.

Just wondering when we will ever see play action, if at all. If the argument is maybe the line is not good enough, I would say check the 2nd TD pass to Chase today. Burrow had forever.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:25 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Burrow has to be given the chance to dominate games, but I don’t know that ZT will allow it. Today when up 24-7 we got the ball midway through the 3rd and it was a perfect time for a kill shot, instead ZT went run run pass.

Just wondering when we will ever see play action, if at all. If the argument is maybe the line is not good enough, I would say check the 2nd TD pass to Chase today. Burrow had forever.

I disagree, so far we win with a mix, when Burrow has throw for 30 or more we have lost.. I rather win with keeping Burrow protected , limiting mistakes and open the field with run game, Burrow is not at level right now of taking over games, give him time to develop to that level.
Reply/Quote
This was a reverse of how we usually lose games...especially playoff games.

The winning team usually runs the ball more and doesn't throw much. The losing team usually has 40+ passes and is inefficient (think 5 yards/attempt).

I look at this and turnovers and that usually tells you who won.

Or you can just look at the scoreboard. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
IIRC, the same was true in our victory over Pittsburgh last year as well...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: IIRC, the same was true in our victory over Pittsburgh last year as well...

32 minutes to 28 minutes (bad guys). We did have less plays (56 to 62). We had only 78 passing yards lol, yikes
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote