Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on McRae
Good to hear about McRae.

(11-28-2018, 11:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Well, any updates if the NFL FINED the brown that injured McRae????

I know a few fines have been given out late in the week, like on Saturdays, for hits. Burfict was one, but others around the league as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:48 AM)McC Wrote: We don't have a pro football team now. 

Attendance goes down every year.  They wouldn't be as missed as you think.  It would be like quitting smoking.  Suxx while you're doing it but afterward, you feel  much better and wonder why you waited so long.  And it will add years to all our lives.

I grew up in Cincinnati. I now live in Louisville, which is the largest city in the nation not to have a top level Pro team of any kind (closest we have is the Red's AAA team). Trust me, The city would miss the Bengals immensely.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 3 months later and the whole city would be complaining about not having a pro football team... and the chances of getting another one would be slim. And before anyone says they would be fine without a local football team, all you have to do is turn them off......

This.   The chance would not be slim.  It would be none.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I grew up in Cincinnati. I now live in Louisville, which is the largest city in the nation not to have a top level Pro team of any kind (closest we have is the Red's AAA team). Trust me, The city would miss the Bengals immensely.

Yeah, there is no way I would ever want them to move. It has been too long now. Too many Sundays invested watching this team.

The thing that is most frustrating to care about this team is the outdated approach to the whole process of owning a football team. We have a cheap, old fashioned owner. The thing I have observed about people growing older is that these two qualities get worse with age , not better. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I grew up in Cincinnati. I now live in Louisville, which is the largest city in the nation not to have a top level Pro team of any kind (closest we have is the Red's AAA team). Trust me, The city would miss the Bengals immensely.

Only for a little while.  And be better off in the long run.  Like dropping a bad habit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:13 PM)McC Wrote: Only for a little while.  And be better off in the long run.  Like dropping a bad habit.

That's wrong. ANd if someone wants to drop them, like I said, there's about 300 channels, turn them off.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's wrong. ANd if someone wants to drop them, like I said, there's about 300 channels, turn them off.

Do you not understand the dynamics of being a fan?  As long as they're here, I'll be a fan.  If they leave and go embarrass some other city, the choice is out of my hands.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:38 PM)McC Wrote: Do you not understand the dynamics of being a fan?  As long as they're here, I'll be a fan.  If they leave and go embarrass some other city, the choice is out of my hands.

The local Bengals bar here in Louisville had 2 bars inside. One is a Bengals bar, the other is a Redskins Bar. There is also a Vikings bar, a shitload of Stealers bars, and a Cowboys bar. Locality has little to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The local Bengals bar here in Louisville had 2 bars inside. One is a Bengals bar, the other is a Redskins Bar. There is also a Vikings bar, a shitload of Stealers bars, and a Cowboys bar. Locality has little to do with it.

I'm just saying if they become the San Antonio Bengals, I won't have to give a shit any more.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: I'm just saying if they become the San Antonio Bengals, I won't have to give a shit any more.

But you will..... and you don't have to give a shit now, turn the channel or pick another team. But you won't.... A lot of us grew up with this team. They could move to China, I'd still be a part of Bengaldom…..
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:37 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Bengals lease on the stadium is almost up
Bengals doing all they can to sour the milk in fans mouths
NFL doing all they can to lower the number of fans of the Cincinnati Bengals
NFL and Mike Brown trying to get the team moved to a better market

Conspiracy
Treason
Blasphemy

Lease is good until 2035 or something.

They'll be staying put for a long time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lease is good until 2035 or something.

They'll be staying put for a long time.

The lease is until 2025 or 2026, iirc.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The lease is until 2025 or 2026, iirc.

Which is ttrue, but they have yearly options for 8-10 years or whatever and the Blackburns have said they intend to figure something out long-term.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But you will..... and you don't have to give a shit now, turn the channel or pick another team. But you won't.... A lot of us grew up with this team. They could move to China, I'd still be a part of Bengaldom…..

No I won't.  If it doesn't have Cincinnati in front of it, it's not my team. But never fear, Mike hates us too much to leave.

Reply/Quote
Oh cmon.  IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to rig a game rife with gambling and criminals!  They're too much on the  up and up! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote