Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated AFC Standings
I see us flipping with Baltimore several more times this season for lead in the AFCN. Baltimore gets the Vikings next, followed by the Dolphins, but they still have to play the Browns twice, the Stealers twice, the Bengals 1 more time, the Rams, the Packers and the Bears.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I tried to tell people the Steelers weren't done yet.

They're quietly creeping back into the picture. 

[Image: 200.gif?cid=95b27944a4f2376565ec97dd7742...0.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I tried to tell people the Steelers weren't done yet.

They're quietly creeping back into the picture. Just as Ben quietly creeps into the women's restroom.

More like loudly being on a palanquin carried by the refs back into the picture.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 03:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: More like loudly being on a palanquin carried by the refs back into the picture.

Gotta keep that fanbase appeased. Least talented Steelers team I've ever seen, yet they're going to win 10+ games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good ole ukumbas...

I wonder where he is now? Probably in some storage facility with all the other old PC parts.  Smirk

Since Radio Shack went out of business he's had to beep and bop in seclusion.

Tandy life.  The struggle is real.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:18 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: My wife absolutely hates the word moist. She smacks me every time I say it.  Mellow

So her real name is Moist huh? My wifes real name is I'm busy..She soaps me for saying that too..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:18 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Since Radio Shack went out of business he's had to beep and bop in seclusion.

Tandy life.  The struggle is real.

Kind of like Wall-E.  Sad.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Division Leaders
1 Tennessee Titans              8-2  
2 Buffalo Bills                      6-3 
3 Baltimore Ravens              6-3
4 Kansas City Chiefs             6-4 

Wild Cards
5 Pittsburgh Steelers           5-3-1 
6 New England Patriots        6-4 
7 Los Angeles Chargers        5-4 

Contenders
 8 Las Vegas Raiders            5-4
 9 Cincinnati Bengals            5-4
10 Indianapolis Colts            5-5
11 Cleveland Browns            5-5  
12 Denver Broncos               5-5 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:24 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Division Leaders

Wild Cards

Contenders

The Jets and Browns losses deflated many fans for hoping the usual Bengals floundering wasn't upon us. 7-2 and right up there with the Titans would have been nice. Still though, I'll take 5-4 and having a chance at the playoffs. The Bengals also have a chance at winning the AFC North. I didn't think the current Zac rebuild with Burrow and squad would be in this position.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 10:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Jets and Browns losses deflated many fans for hoping the usual Bengals floundering wasn't upon us. 7-2 and right up there with the Titans would have been nice. Still though, I'll take 5-4 and having a chance at the playoffs. The Bengals also have a chance at winning the AFC North. I didn't think the current Zac rebuild with Burrow and squad would be in this position.

Agreed. At least it makes the rest of the season worth watching.

After Week 10 the past two years, the record has been:
2019 - 0-9
2020 - 2-6-1

I had pretty much checked out by this point the past two years.

I still don't think Taylor and Anarumo are upper-tier playcallers, but I'd be happy to see a playoff appearance or at least a winning record.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. At least it makes the rest of the season worth watching.

2019 - 0-9
2020 - 2-6-1

I still don't think Taylor and Anarumo are upper-tier playcallers, but I'd be happy to see a playoff appearance or at least a winning record.

I believe 9-8, winning 4 more games is within reason. If the right team shows up. And if the ball bounces our way perhaps even 10 ?

This team has the tools. It's can they put it together enough ?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. At least it makes the rest of the season worth watching.

2019 - 0-9
2020 - 2-6-1

I'm with you on this and I think the rest of this season is going to either confirm our opinion or not. If Taylor and Anarumo can show the ability to create game plans shutting down or controlling the opposition or an ability to adapt throughout the game with the ever important second half adjustments, I'll be happy.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 12:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe 9-8, winning 4 more games is within reason. If the right team shows up. And if the ball bounces our way perhaps even 10 ?

This team has the tools. It's can they put it together enough ?

I think it'd be fantastic if they can get to 10-7 this year, but I doubt that happens. The team just isn't consistent enough to pull off that many wins against so many other contenders, I don't think.
I think 8 or 9 wins is probably the realistic outcome.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:24 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Division Leaders

Wild Cards

Contenders

Ravens are in first but they have a brutal schedule and have already had their bye. After Chicago this upcoming weekend they play:
Cleveland
@Pittsburgh
@Cleveland
Green Bay
@Cincinnati
LA Rams
Pittsburgh

The only Team on Pittsburgh remaining schedule with a losing record in Minnesota

Browns have 1 cupcake in the Lions

Bengals have the easiest remaining schedule.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 12:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it'd be fantastic if they can get to 10-7 this year, but I doubt that happens. The team just isn't consistent enough to pull off that many wins against so many other contenders, I don't think.
I think 8 or 9 wins is probably the realistic outcome.

If they beat the Raiders and get to 6-4, I definitely think 10 wins is possible. That would mean they only need to win 4 of their last 7...having home games against the Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, 49ers and Ravens...with 2 road against the Broncos and Browns. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ravens are in first but they have a brutal schedule and have already had their bye. After Chicago this upcoming weekend they play:
Cleveland
@Pittsburgh
@Cleveland
Green Bay
@Cincinnati
LA Rams
Pittsburgh

The only Team on Pittsburgh remaining schedule with a losing record in Minnesota

Browns have 1 cupcake in the Lions

Bengals have the easiest remaining schedule.

Yeah, and if you look at the current standings, I think the Colts, Broncos and Steelers are the least likely to remain legit contenders. That leaves 9 teams competing for 7 spots. The Bengals are in a good position. Now they have to take advantage of it.
Reply/Quote
Just win Bengals.
Reply/Quote
This team will need a few things to go our way, but, we play five of the eight teams above us and will have a huge role in determining our playoff destiny. Coming off five consecutive losing seasons, that doesn't seem all that shabby.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:15 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's exactly what a bot would say.

I'm a bot, but not a ro.. A botro or borto or rotob, but never a robot.. ThumbsUp  Would a bot say that? Of course not. Bot's can't actually talk..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm a bot, but not a ro.. A botro or borto or rotob, but never a robot.. ThumbsUp  Would a bot say that? Of course not. Bot's can't actually talk..

"You're in a desert, walking along when you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and flip it over on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?"
Reply/Quote