Ja'Marr Chase
Kyle Pitts
Penei Sewell
Other (specify in comments)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Updated Poll: Who At #5 Overall?
(03-31-2021, 05:04 PM)Burma Wrote: Dynami Brown had a good showing at his pro day.

Dyami Brown
Height: 6-0 5/8
Weight: 189
Hand: 9 5/8"
Arm: 32 6/8"
Wingspan: 77 2/8"
40-yard: 4.44
Vertical: 35.5"
Broad: 10'8
Short Shuttle: 4.35
3-Cone: 6.90
Bench Press: 18

Perfect pick at 38 right here

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:28 PM)Synric Wrote: All Liam Eichenberg has done is shut down every edge defender he has played against for 3 years and was an excellent run blocker.

Alot of these Tackles that are ranked above him all have that "ultra athletic" label but Eichenberg screams the guy that is drafted and is a wall at tackle for 15 years.

This. If you can land Eichenberg at pick 38...are you shitting me? You just vastly improved your o-line with a guy who is ready to go day 1 and is steady as a rock.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd be so pissed if they reached for Eichenberg. Taking a guy that isn't a top 50 prospect at 38 is not the right move.

Seriously?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Seriously?  Mellow

Yes.

If he is the best OL prospect at 38 that means so many others have already gone and there will be 4 or 5 awesome WRs sitting there and we will have gone the wrong way in round one. 

It just goes back to my view of which group is worse the OL group or the WR group. The OL group is clearly the worst of the two. If we have to develop a player, the team has shown the ability to develop WRs outside of round 1. Did it last year with Higgins. I just don't want to see them passing on Sewel and then having to scramble with another Billy Price moment of getting the 6th or 7th best option. 

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This. If you can land Eichenberg at pick 38...are you shitting me? You just vastly improved your o-line with a guy who is ready to go day 1 and is steady as a rock.

He did just weigh in with very short arms so his stock will drop. Still a solid choice to start at guard year 1 and compete for a tackle spot in year 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: He did just weigh in with very short arms so his stock will drop. Still a solid choice to start at guard year 1 and compete for a tackle spot in year 2.

As a guard he might be a better pick and if they get him top of round 3 that's great. I just kept reading that his biggest weakness is struggling with speed rushers of which we see a ton of between Baltimore, Cleveland and Pitt

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd be so pissed if they reached for Eichenberg. Taking a guy that isn't a top 50 prospect at 38 is not the right move.

What in the world are you talking should, Murdock? Eichenberg could even end up sneaking into the 1st round. He would be in no way shape or form be a reach at 38.

He’s a plug an play OT.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol.

Wow, just wow. Wanting Pitts, I just don't know if we will ever see a player like this again, he is that much of a freak.

Pitts/Eichenberg is my ideal scenario now...
Reply/Quote
Answer the question by answering this:

You know what you know now and you have the choice of drafting:

Tony Gonzalez

Jerry Rice

Johnathan Ogden

Who do you take?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: He did just weigh in with very short arms so his stock will drop. Still a solid choice to start at guard year 1 and compete for a tackle spot in year 2.

33 reps on the bench though. They’re at least very strong short arms. Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:28 PM)Synric Wrote: All Liam Eichenberg has done is shut down every edge defender he has played against for 3 years and was an excellent run blocker.

Alot of these Tackles that are ranked above him all have that "ultra athletic" label but Eichenberg screams the guy that is drafted and is a wall at tackle for 15 years.

Yes sir.
Reply/Quote

Short arms huh, didn't expect that. Might drop to the 3rd cause of this, would love to land him there and get a longer armed 
OT in the 2nd if we take one of the 2 weapons at 5.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Short arms huh, didn't expect that. Might drop to the 3rd cause of this, would love to land him there and get a longer armed 
OT in the 2nd if we take one of the 2 weapons at 5.

No way he lasts until the 3rd.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 33 reps on the bench though. They’re at least very strong short arms. Lol

Damn, he's like a T Rex.  Ouch.  Definately going to hurt.  Ugh. 
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr Chase had a 3.99 Pro Shuttle...that's like being shot out of a cannon.

I don't want to be in Duke Tobin's shoes on April 29th if Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, and Kyle Pitts are all 3 on the board. Lol hell even if it's only 2 out of the three.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What in the world are you talking should, Murdock? Eichenberg could even end up sneaking into the 1st round. He would be in no way shape or form be a reach at 38.

He’s a plug an play OT.

Every big board I see has him outside the top 50.

PFF 54

Walter 51

PFN 64.

That is a reach at 38

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 05:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No way he lasts until the 3rd.

We will see, short arms have been big time problems for OT's transitioning to the NFL before. 

Gave me pause and I love Eichenberg. In the end his production is what matters though for sure.
Reply/Quote
I....I....

....I want Chase...

...I'm not proud of myself. But I want him...
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Every big board I see has him outside the top 50.

Just seems like a very safe pick to me. Ceiling isn’t crazy high, but he’s going to be a day one starter, and can play T or G.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, short arms have been big time problems for OT's transitioning to the NFL before. 

Gave me pause and I love Eichenberg. In the end his production is what matters though for sure.

How short are they compared to Jonah or Slater?

Reply/Quote