Ja'Marr Chase
Kyle Pitts
Penei Sewell
Other (specify in comments)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Updated Poll: Who At #5 Overall?
(03-31-2021, 06:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How short are they compared to Jonah or Slater?

Good question I don't know, sure hasn't been their problem as they have great technique. 

Must be what helps out Eichenberg as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How short are they compared to Jonah or Slater?

Liam Eichenberg's Pro day numbers. He's about a 1 1/4th inch shorter than Jonah and 3/4ths an inch shorter than Slater.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Every big board I see has him outside the top 50.

PFF 54

Walter 51

PFN 64.

That is a reach at 38

I’m interested to hear where Au165 thinks he’ll go. I know he’s big on him.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just seems like a very safe pick to me. Ceiling isn’t crazy high, but he’s going to be a day one starter, and can play T or G.

(03-31-2021, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m interested to hear where Au165 thinks he’ll go. I know he’s big on him.

My biggest fear with him is that he struggles with speed rushers. That is going to be a real issue in our division. 

If you move him to guard, I think it might be okay but if he is the best OL prospect at 38 think about how many OL guys went off the board and what that means is sitting there at WR. 

That's why I'd be pissed. Take the #1 WR then get the 9th maybe 10th guy at Oline and see the 5th best WR option still sitting there. Means we screwed up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Cry

Quote:“They’re saying they have interest in me,” Pitts said of Atlanta’s front office. “After today, we’ll get back on a Zoom and they’ll try to learn more about me. I feel like they’re pretty interested. It would be a dream come true to be a top five or even the first nonquarterback to come off the board. That’s something I look forward to in the draft.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article250333411.html
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase had a 3.99 Pro Shuttle...that's like being shot out of a cannon.

I don't want to be in Duke Tobin's shoes on April 29th if Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, and Kyle Pitts are all 3 on the board. Lol hell even if it's only 2 out of the three.

That would put him at a tie for 10th fastest WR since the 2010 draft. Tied for 33rd among all positions since 2010.  Not bad!

Time Name Pos School Year

1 3.81 Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State 2014
2 3.88 Austin Pettis WR Boise State 2011
3 3.9 Damian Copeland WR Louisville 2014
4 3.94 Odell Beckham WR LSU 2014
5 3.94 Isaiah Burse WR Fresno State 2014
6 3.94 Jeff Maehl WR Oregon 2011
7 3.95 Bruce Ellington WR South Carolina 2014
8 3.96 T.J. Moe WR Missouri 2013
9 3.97 Dane Sanzenbacher WR Ohio State 2011
10 3.98 Amari Cooper WR Alabama 2015
11 3.98 Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley State 2014
12 3.98 Junior Hemingway WR Michigan 2012
13 3.98 Eric Page WR Toledo 2012
14 3.98 Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU 2021
15 4 Chris Godwin WR Penn State 2017
16 4 Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina 2017

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Cry

Damn, Pitts was who I was wanting. Oh well, take Sewell or Chase and I am still happy.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase! If that's what Burrow wants, and coming back from knee surgery makes him feel the best to have a WR who can get quick separation, then give the kid what he wants.

(03-31-2021, 02:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Carson Palmer wanted Terrell Owens.

What the team needed was Dennis Roland and Nate Livings to be replaced with starting caliber NFL players.

What a QB wants isn't always what's best.

...and Joe Burrow wanted AJ Green last year. If memory serves they connected for one touchdown pass all season.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: My biggest fear with him is that he struggles with speed rushers. That is going to be a real issue in our division. 

If you move him to guard, I think it might be okay but if he is the best OL prospect at 38 think about how many OL guys went off the board and what that means is sitting there at WR. 

That's why I'd be pissed. Take the #1 WR then get the 9th maybe 10th guy at Oline and see the 5th best WR option still sitting there. Means we screwed up.

There’s no way the 5th best WR will be still there at 38.

Chase, Waddle, Smith, are all locks to go in the top half of the first. The next tier of Bateman, Toney, Marshall, and Brown could all be gone. Maybe we’d get the 7th or 8th WR at that point.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Cry

Well damn.

Reply/Quote
I think Pitts is going to Atlanta.

My TDN mock looks more like...
Chase for obvious reasons
Jalen Mayfield who shut down Chase Young among others and can play either side or G.
Quinn Meinerz or Deonte Brown to help at G
Darius Stills under the radar DT who can really get after the QB
Rashad Weaver because we need more pass rushers
Drake Jackson to compete at C and add depth and insurance
Jaleon Darden because he is what we wished we had in Ross, a football player
Marco Wilson just because

And keep looking for G's after June 1st cuts. The more the merrier.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Every big board I see has him outside the top 50.

PFF 54

Walter 51

PFN 64.

That is a reach at 38

TheDraftNetwork - 36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how about the guy with the bigger catch radius?

Biggest wingspan in over 20 years...
Reply/Quote
Chase would be my choice.

Don’t know if you can read anything it this but NFL Network said that Zac Taylor was at the Florida pro day today (not LSUs).
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:28 PM)Synric Wrote: All Liam Eichenberg has done is shut down every edge defender he has played against for 3 years and was an excellent run blocker.

Alot of these Tackles that are ranked above him all have that "ultra athletic" label but Eichenberg screams the guy that is drafted and is a wall at tackle for 15 years.

Yup. He doesn't jump off the page but he's just as rock solid and consistent as you can get. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 06:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s no way the 5th best WR will be still there at 38.

Chase, Waddle, Smith, are all locks to go in the top half of the first. The next tier of Bateman, Toney, Marshall, and Brown could all be gone. Maybe we’d get the 7th or 8th WR at that point.

I think you missed what I was saying.

My point was, if the best option for the line at 38 is a guy that is 51st, 54th or in the 60's depending on which board you look at, then a ton of guys went in the end of one and start of two that pushes talent down.

Carman is gone, Cosmi, Vera Tucker, also then Leatherwood, Walker Little, Radunz and Jenkins all of whom are rated higher then Liam Eichenberg.

So if all of the above names are gone at 38 as well as Darrisaw, Slater and Sewell... then people have to fall. 

That was my point to why I would be upset... since we took Chase, and watched a huge run on OL lead to great WR talent at 38. And I still think Dyami Brown is there at 38 easily.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 08:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TheDraftNetwork - 36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't check their big board... not a site I frequent.

There is hundreds of big boards out there, but PFF and PFN are two sites that are pretty well respected around and neither ranks him top 50. I'll take their opinion.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Didn't check their big board... not a site I frequent.

There is hundreds of big boards out there, but PFF and PFN are two sites that are pretty well respected around and neither ranks him top 50. I'll take their opinion.

If i had to venture a guess, i'd say the lower ranking is because he's not a guy that has a ways to go to hit his ceiling. He has a high floor and is already about as polished as he's going to get, but where he is, is ahead of a lot of the other guys. He's also not real athletic, so like i said before, he doesn't jump off the page. He's just really steady and solid. When i watch him, it almost feels like i'm watching a 5 yr NFL vet that just goes out there every week and does his job then goes home to eat dinner and tuck the kids in for bed. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think you missed what I was saying.

My point was, if the best option for the line at 38 is a guy that is 51st, 54th or in the 60's depending on which board you look at, then a ton of guys went in the end of one and start of two that pushes talent down.

Carman is gone, Cosmi, Vera Tucker, also then Leatherwood, Walker Little, Radunz and Jenkins all of whom are rated higher then Liam Eichenberg.

So if all of the above names are gone at 38 as well as Darrisaw, Slater and Sewell... then people have to fall. 

That was my point to why I would be upset... since we took Chase, and watched a huge run on OL lead to great WR talent at 38. And I still think Dyami Brown is there at 38 easily.

Who do you really hope is there at 38 if we don’t go OL at 5?

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If i had to venture a guess, i'd say the lower ranking is because he's not a guy that has a ways to go to hit his ceiling. He has a high floor and is already about as polished as he's going to get, but where he is, is ahead of a lot of the other guys. He's also not real athletic, so like i said before, he doesn't jump off the page. He's just really steady and solid. When i watch him, it almost feels like i'm watching a 5 yr NFL vet that just goes out there every week and does his job then goes home to eat dinner and tuck the kids in for bed. 

So he is the perfect Bengal prospect.

Not super athletic - Check

Not a lot of ceiling - Check

And then there is this.... He’s more impactful in the run game than he is in pass protection. That'll do extremely well in an offense that is as pass happy as we are... 

I'll say it again, this would just be a typical Bengal move... pass on the lock with huge upside, to settle for a guy that doesn't fit the scheme.

Reply/Quote