Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Pro Bowl votes
Hopefully all our players will be busy the week after the game so can't play but surely we can do better than 6th place for Joe Mixon and less than 10th for Spain

https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl/ballot/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Adeniji is cracking me up. This man is about to make the Pro-Bowl because of meme votes.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Adeniji is cracking me up. This man is about to make the Pro-Bowl because of meme votes.

With the way he's been talked up the last couple weeks, he may be deserving by the time the game comes around. Ninja

Which he won't be able to play in, for obvious reasons...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: Hopefully all our players will be busy the week after the game so can't play but surely we can do better than 6th place for Joe Mixon and less than 10th for Spain

https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl/ballot/

I'm kind of curious what 9 QBs are better than Joe Burrow.  This is a part of not having many nationally televised games.  And homers voting for turds like Tannehill.  
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm kind of curious what 9 QBs are better than Joe Burrow.  This is a part of not having many nationally televised games.  And homers voting for turds like Tannehill.  

Tom Brady
Aaron Rogers
Kirk Cousins (look at the numbers)
Lamar Jackson (as much as we may not like it)
Justin Herbert (until Burrow beats him head to head this weekend)
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

In no particular order.  These may not even be the guys with votes in front of him.  For all I know Stafford has more.  Im just giving my quick thoughts on who I think might be on that list.

We could debate out of these 10 (including Burrow) who's better than who but and I think anyone could make a good argument for reorganizing this list any number of ways.

Im happy we got a guy that belongs in the conversation and think that has he continues to prove how good he is the media and fans from other teams will bump him up that list but for now just be happy he's in the top 10.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 10:19 AM)motoarch Wrote: Tom Brady
Aaron Rogers
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

In no particular order.  These may not even be the guys with votes in front of him.  For all I know Stafford has more.  Im just giving my quick thoughts on who I think might be on that list.

We could debate out of these 10 (including Burrow) who's better than who but and I think anyone could make a good argument for reorganizing this list any number of ways.

Im happy we got a guy that belongs in the conversation and think that has he continues to prove how good he is the media and fans from other teams will bump him up that list but for now just be happy he's in the top 10.

There is a few I would take off of this list. Herbert, Lamar and Mahomes aren't better than Burrow this season. Allen is also pretty iffy. Adjusting that list, I would say from definitive, metrics based perspective, these guys are playing objectively better than Burrow right now...

Brady
Rogers
Murray
Prescott
Stafford
Cousins

Now, some of these guys have been better than Burrow over the last few weeks. Burrow hasn't been that great. However, from a whole season perspective, he is playing better than those guys. 
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rogers
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

Murray, Brady, and Rogers are having great statistical seasons, but only Murray has a higher YPA and completion %.  The problem with straight up stats is they don't always tell the real story of the game.  Brady tries to score a TD every drive, even in garbage time.  Burrow got pulled against a defense he was carving up.  They also didn't run it up against the Raiders...just handed the ball off a lot.  When the drive needs to be made, and the pass needs to be threaded in there, with the exception of one game very early in the season and the Cleveland game (that is two out of 11 games) Burrow has been as good as any QB in the league.  

Watching Prescott miss wide open after wide open receiver last night was laughable.  Playing in the NFC East is also laughable.  Defense is optional.

Burrow has done it against the Packers, the Raiders, and the AFC North, and Sunday he will do it against the Chargers. 

Mahommes hasn't had a season up to his standards, either.  Maybe he has turned the tide, but all that investment in their offensive line and his weapons....been pretty disappointing.
Reply/Quote
People are still under the impression that fan votes mean a lot; they don't.

I mean, it's 33% of the vote, but Whitworth led all Ts in 2011 or 2014 (his best year as a pro) or something like that and he STILL didn't even go as an alternate (was like 4th alt or something).

So yeah, even if Adeniji does well or Mixon is too low, it doesn't mean they will or won't make the PB.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Must have missed the Adeniji meme

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 01:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Must have missed the Adeniji meme

ditto.

looked and cant find anything
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 03:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: With the way he's been talked up the last couple weeks, he may be deserving by the time the game comes around. Ninja

Which he won't be able to play in, for obvious reasons...

Nice.

Adeniji HAS played well lately but that don't mean Pro Bowl for heck sake lol
Reply/Quote
I don't know about any meme. What I heard was that there were no known names to vote for at guard and Adeniji gets the default votes because he is listed first on the ballot (alphabetical).

But that does not make a lot of sense either.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 09:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about any meme.  What I heard was that there were no known names to vote for at guard and Adeniji gets the default votes because he is listed first on the ballot (alphabetical).

But that does not make a lot of sense either.

You'd think it would have been Randy Aardvark, RG for the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rogers
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

Have to be Carson Wentz on that list.. 21 TDs vs. 5 Ints.. he is balling
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 09:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm kind of curious what 9 QBs are better than Joe Burrow.  This is a part of not having many nationally televised games.  And homers voting for turds like Tannehill.  

I could see Joe up to 8th.. but nothing higher right now.. maybe by end of season. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 01:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have to be Carson Wentz on that list.. 21 TDs vs. 5 Ints.. he is balling

Just because he's only thrown 5 INTs doesn't mean he's "balling". 

25th in completion percentage.
21st in YPA.
19th in YPG.
15th in rating.

Game managers can throw 20 TDs and 5 INTs in 12 games.

He's like a 4th alternate for pro bowl consideration.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I don't know of 9 but there are 7 that you can make an argument for pretty easily.

Brady
Rodgers
Kyler Murray
Jackson (duel threat)
Matthew Stafford
Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes

Then on name you have Russel Wilson still as an 8th and Dak with the Dallas fanbase and when healthy, the guy is good.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 10:47 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: There is a few I would take off of this list. Herbert, Lamar and Mahomes aren't better than Burrow this season. Allen is also pretty iffy. Adjusting that list, I would say from definitive, metrics based perspective, these guys are playing objectively better than Burrow right now...

Brady
Rogers
Murray
Prescott
Stafford
Cousins

Now, some of these guys have been better than Burrow over the last few weeks. Burrow hasn't been that great. However, from a whole season perspective, he is playing better than those guys. 

Allen is ahead of Burrow is TDs and yards and has the help of how great he was last year. Same reason Mahomes is on there, the guy is a Super Bowl winning QB.

This isn't saying Burrow won't be with those guys at some point, but he is in year 2, missed a lot of year 1 and the Bengals are just now getting more of the spotlight put on them.

I'm curious how many people upset about the popularity contest going against the team at this point are the same people who voted for Mixon and were stoked when he won a popularity award over a guy who had 5 TDs the same week.

When you let fans get involved, it just isn't going to be accurate.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 02:07 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Allen is ahead of Burrow is TDs and yards and has the help of how great he was last year. Same reason Mahomes is on there, the guy is a Super Bowl winning QB.

This isn't saying Burrow won't be with those guys at some point, but he is in year 2, missed a lot of year 1 and the Bengals are just now getting more of the spotlight put on them.

I'm curious how many people upset about the popularity contest going against the team at this point are the same people who voted for Mixon and were stoked when he won a popularity award over a guy who had 5 TDs the same week.

When you let fans get involved, it just isn't going to be accurate.

Allen and Mahomes are ahead in yards and TDs because they just thrown the ball more. Mahomes is second in attempts and Allen is 6th. Burrow is 21st.

I think there is an argument for Allen, it’s really close. However, Burrow has been playing better than Mahomes this season and I don’t think there is much of an argument there.

EDIT - For clarification, I am speaking strictly on this season, not who I would place in my Top 10 list overall. Obviously that accounts for multiple seasons of play.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 01:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just because he's only thrown 5 INTs doesn't mean he's "balling". 

25th in completion percentage.
21st in YPA.
19th in YPG.
15th in rating.

Game managers can throw 20 TDs and 5 INTs in 12 games.

He's like a 4th alternate for pro bowl consideration.

Perfect example of the stats not telling the true story.  
Reply/Quote