Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Air Conditioning is now Sexist
[Image: y72e9pt.jpg]

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/04/news-anchor-and-reporter-explain-why-they-think-office-air-conditioning-is-sexist/
If anyone is interested in the actual study, here you go:

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/men-women-battle-office-thermostat/

Researchers studied the metric used to optimize temperatures in offices. This metric is based off the metabolic rate of men, not women, and means that most offices are set for temperatures that are fine for men but cold for women. However, one person said that this shouldn't make a difference as women tend to be smaller, so there's less surface area to lose heat.

However, men usually wear more clothes and do not tend to dress to the weather like women. Men will wear suits in the summer while women dress more appropriately. Since men are most likely to be in charge of setting the thermostat, they will set it to their comfort level.

Interesting that this much research went into explaining why women tend to be colder.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Those women are nuts.

Wear longer sleeves or heavier clothes. Offices are colder becauae there is nothing worse than a sweaty office. It will start smelling like a locker room.
(08-04-2015, 08:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Those women are nuts.  

Wear longer sleeves or heavier clothes.   Offices are colder becauae there is nothing worse than a sweaty office.    It will start smelling like a locker room.
Beautiful women in long sleeves and snow suits is worse.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-04-2015, 08:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Those women are nuts.  

Wear longer sleeves or heavier clothes.   Offices are colder becauae there is nothing worse than a sweaty office.    It will start smelling like a locker room.

[Image: 57617615.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-04-2015, 09:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 57617615.jpg]

Ofc you probably think AC is sexist.
(08-04-2015, 09:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc you probably think AC is sexist.

No.  I think you are.   Smirk
Wait until these women go through menopause. Then they will be bitching about how the office is too hot if it is over 50 degrees.
(08-04-2015, 10:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait until these women go through menopause.  Then they will be bitching about how the office is too hot if it is over 50 degrees.

For a few seconds....then it will be too cold again.

:snark:
You can keep putting on more clothes to keep warm, there's only so much you can take off.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(08-05-2015, 12:18 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: You can keep putting on more clothes to keep warm, there's only so much you can take off.

I actually agree with this.  And at some point you don't want to see what's left after everything is taken off!
I dig the british accents on the two chicks in the video.
(08-04-2015, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: Beautiful women in long sleeves and snow suits is worse.

Exactly !
They'll never get a promotion that way !
Ninja
(08-04-2015, 08:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If anyone is interested in the actual study, here you go:

Researchers studied the metric used to optimize temperatures in offices. This metric is based off the metabolic rate of men, not women, and means that most offices are set for temperatures that are fine for men but cold for women. However, one person said that this shouldn't make a difference as women tend to be smaller, so there's less surface area to lose heat.

How is this possible when women are carrying around that extra layer of fat?!?!?!
Two words: high beams
(08-05-2015, 12:18 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: You can keep putting on more clothes to keep warm, there's only so much you can take off.

This. Absolutely this.

In my department we are allowed to request our thermostats be adjusted to our liking (within reason of course). I have told them before, for both winter and summer, just keep mine at the lowest you are allowed to. It's nice because it keeps people out of my office. Smirk
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Quote:"I think there is a bit of a problem when it's warmer outside than it is inside your office."

Yeah I like my office at 95.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

If AC is such a curse why have so few women sought refuge in my stifling, AC-free apartment during the sweltering summer months? YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT
(08-05-2015, 09:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I like my office at 95.

Our office manager runs a space heater under her desk year round.  The AC is set at 72-73 but the front office where we are is a metal sided extension that just gets beat by the sun.

Of course she is cold when its 85 degrees too.
(08-04-2015, 08:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If anyone is interested in the actual study, here you go:

However, men usually wear more clothes and do not tend to dress to the weather like women. Men will wear suits in the summer while women dress more appropriately. Since men are most likely to be in charge of setting the thermostat, they will set it to their comfort level.

Interesting that this much research went into explaining why women tend to be colder.

The only thing sexist is that men can't wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, and sandals to work.  

Let us dress more like women and then we will turn down the AC a little.