Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Utah parents complained a HS athlete might be transgender after she beat daughter
(09-06-2022, 02:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No need to insult me, I just find it interesting that you place so much trust in a piece of paper when it comes to determining the biological sex of a person.  All it takes to convince you someone is a female is the letter "F" on a piece of paper.

That's fine, I'm just saying a lot of people aren't as satisfied with that level of evidence as you are.

I guess you’ve never used an id or a social security card or a birth certificate in your life.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:34 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I guess you’ve never used an id or a social security card or a birth certificate in your life.

I have...that doesn't mean they aren't forgeries out there.

Look, if you trust government documents and public school administrations that's fine.  I'm not knocking that, I'm just saying that a lot of people aren't as convinced these things are valid and trustworthy.  It's not unheard of for people to forge documents or lie in order to win at things or to make ill-gotten money.  That's just the sad truth of it all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have...that doesn't mean they aren't forgeries out there.

Look, if you trust government documents and public school administrations that's fine.  I'm not knocking that, I'm just saying that a lot of people aren't as convinced these things are valid and trustworthy.  It's not unheard of for people to forge documents or lie in order to win at things or to make ill-gotten money.  That's just the sad truth of it all.

Yep - there are forgeries out there.  

Better cancel all Education, Banking/Finance/Loans,  Employment applications, Drivers licenses, travel, etc.   You just never know what can be forged. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:51 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Yep - there are forgeries out there.  

Better cancel all Education, Banking/Finance/Loans,  Employment applications, Drivers licenses, travel, etc.   You just never know what can be forged. 

Agreed....but this is why the simple solution that's being proposed is genital inspection in order to combat unfairness in girls sports.  I suppose you can "forge" a vagina, but it's a lot harder to do that than forging a document, I'd wager.

If a female sports competitor's biological sex is disputed, an inspection could be warranted.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed....but this is why the simple solution that's being proposed is genital inspection being pushed in order to combat unfairness in girls sports.  I suppose you can "forge" a vagina, but it's a lot harder to do that than forging a document, I'd wager.

Where is genital inspection being pushed?   By anyone besides you (Who does not have a daughter)

I would like to see a source corroborating this.  

In the original posted article, the sore lose parents complained, and they checked her Kindergarten records, and she has always been a female. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:00 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Where is genital inspection being pushed?   By anyone besides you (Who does not have a daughter)

In the original posted article, the sore lose parents complained, and they checked her Kindergarten records, and she has always been a female. 

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/politics/ohio-politics/after-national-backlash-ohio-gop-leader-says-genital-inspections-wont-be-part-of-anti-transgender-athlete-bill
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:00 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Where is genital inspection being pushed?   By anyone besides you (Who does not have a daughter)

Genital inspection was included in an Ohio bill as well as a FL one, but the Ohio one was removed after backlash saying that such inspections were anti-trans. Some say that political correctness and wokeness are what gave legislators cold feet, but as far as I can tell it's not something that legislators are ruling out, and it's possible it still stands in Florida due to the woke-fighting power of DeSantis.

(09-06-2022, 03:03 PM)ATOTR Wrote: https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/politics/ohio-politics/after-national-backlash-ohio-gop-leader-says-genital-inspections-wont-be-part-of-anti-transgender-athlete-bill

Ok, so you are agreeing that it was right for them to backtrack on that? For them to give into the backlash from the woke mob? Are you in the woke mob on this one?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Genital inspection was included in an Ohio bill as well as a FL one, but the Ohio one was removed after backlash saying that such inspections were anti-trans. Some say that political correctness and wokeness are what gave legislators cold feet, but as far as I can tell it's not something that legislators are ruling out, and it's possible it still stands in Florida due to the woke-fighting power of DeSantis.

Ok, so you are agreeing that it was right for them to backtrack on that?  For them to give into the backlash from the woke mob?  Are you in the woke mob on this one?

Again - I know this hard for you - I said to require Birth Certificates - which they do.  The article posted in this thread was from Utah.  Not Florida.  I honestly dont even understand what you are arguing. 

I dont think you do either, Which can be problematic 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:16 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Again - I know this hard for you - I said to require Birth Certificates - which they do.  The article posted in this thread was from Utah.  Not Florida.  I honestly dont even understand what you are arguing. 

I dont think you do either, Which can be problematic 

I'm just saying if you oppose genital inspection in these cases then you are leaning liberal on the subject of trans males competing in girls sports.  I don't really know your political positions, maybe you're pretty liberal on a lot of stuff.  You're just taking a more liberal approach to this than a lot of people who think ensuring the fairness of competition in female sports goes beyond a piece of paper, that's all I'm saying.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just saying if you oppose genital inspection in these cases then you are leaning liberal on the subject of trans males competing in girls sports.  I don't really know your political positions, maybe you're pretty liberal on a lot of stuff.  You're just taking a more liberal approach to this than a lot of people who think ensuring the fairness of competition in female sports goes beyond a piece of paper, that's all I'm saying.

It worked in the posted Utah article.  They checked her records from Kindergarten, and confirmed she was a female. 

In situations where a dominant female athlete was unable to provide a valid or original birth certificate,  then I would imagine having to take some extra steps to confirm fairness of play would be next. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just saying if you oppose genital inspection in these cases then you are leaning liberal on the subject of trans males competing in girls sports.  I don't really know your political positions, maybe you're pretty liberal on a lot of stuff.  You're just taking a more liberal approach to this than a lot of people who think ensuring the fairness of competition in female sports goes beyond a piece of paper, that's all I'm saying.

I dont think you know what you are saying. You seem to be all over the place.   
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:27 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I dont think you know what you are saying. You seem to be all over the place.   

Typical liberal tactic....lose an argument and start tossing out insults. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Typical liberal tactic....lose an argument and start tossing out insults. 

I am conservative.  I dont think you even are comprehending what is going on.

Are you saying you want all HS players genitals inspected to play sports?  Instead of just providing a valid/original birth certificate? 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:31 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I am conservative.  I dont think you even are comprehending what is going on.

Are you saying you want all HS players genitals inspected to play sports?  Instead of just providing a valid/original birth certificate? 

Are you saying you don't want genital inspection to be implemented as a manner by which to ensure fairness in girls sports?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you saying you don't want genital inspection to be implemented as a manner by which to ensure fairness in girls sports?

You seem to be hung up on this.  Take the genital inspection out of this (You seem obsessed by this idea, it is sort of creepy)

Why would it be fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?

That was my original question.  One that you have not been able to answer.   I guess you just want to avoid answering. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:57 PM)ATOTR Wrote: You seem to be hung up on this.  Take the genital inspection out of this (You seem obsessed by this idea, it is sort of creepy)

So you think people who want to legislate for genital inspection for teen girls are creepy?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you think people who want to legislate for genital inspection for teen girls are creepy?

Lol. Again.

Why would it be fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female) to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?

That was my original question. One that you have not been able to answer. I guess you just want to avoid answering.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:10 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Lol. Again.  

Why would it be fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?

That was my original question.  One that you have not been able to answer.   I guess you just want to avoid answering.

At what point did I argue it is fair?  I'm here arguing between the two of us that we need MORE stringent and valid measures to identify the biological sex of competitors in female sports and you're the one who is satisfied with someone typing F on an easily forged document.

So do you think it's fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?  And if not, what measures do you think are necessary to ensure such things aren't happening?

Ok so I'll be more direct for you.  I am arguing that it is unfair for a male to take a female's spot on a team or scholarship etc.  I am arguing that genital inspection is necessary to ensure that it doesn't happen.  Are you saying that is too far for you?  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure this whole "all participants in female student athletics must have their genitals inspected" notion is being tossed out there so it's most ardent supporters can be duped into sitting across from Chris Hansen at some point.

You think high school sports parents are bad now? Wait 'til the loud dad in the crowd has a daughter who crosses the finish line 7th and demands to see 6 teenage girls vaginas RIGHT NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! That's it...I'm calling Matt Gatez!!!!

(08-22-2022, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I played co ed soccer back in the day, apparently I should have spent most of my time on the pitch declaring that every female who knew a soccer ball from a hole in the ground had a penis until proven otherwise.  Thank god we've come to our senses these days. I must have looked like an idiot out there not screaming about possible penises.

We just need godly volunteers now who would rather make a thousand biological girls drop their drawers than to let a single trans kid get away with winning in a school sport. 

(09-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How would you feel if she won something and people who don't even know you or her demanded to see her nether regions to confirm that she doesn't have a penis?

(09-06-2022, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: At what point did I argue it is fair?  I'm here arguing between the two of us that we need MORE stringent and valid measures to identify the biological sex of competitors in female sports and you're the one who is satisfied with someone typing F on an easily forged document.

So do you think it's fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?  And if not, what measures do you think are necessary to ensure such things aren't happening?

Ok so I'll be more direct for you.  I am arguing that it is unfair for a male to take a female's spot on a team or scholarship etc.  I am arguing that genital inspection is necessary to ensure that it doesn't happen.  Are you saying that is too far for you?  

Sure you are. Are you trolling yourself?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:32 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Sure you are.  Are you trolling yourself?

No, I'm trolling you by spouting a bunch of right wing talking points about this courtesy of GOP members as high up the ladder as Ron DeSantis and seeing how long you'd argue against me.  Personally, I'm a bit relieved you finally looked up the rest of my posts on here...I almost broke character a few times. 

Genital inspection is creepy, vote blue.
Reply/Quote