Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Utah parents complained a HS athlete might be transgender after she beat daughter
(09-06-2022, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: At what point did I argue it is fair?  I'm here arguing between the two of us that we need MORE stringent and valid measures to identify the biological sex of competitors in female sports and you're the one who is satisfied with someone typing F on an easily forged document.

Ok so I'll be more direct for you.  I am arguing that it is unfair for a male to take a female's spot on a team or scholarship etc.  I am arguing that genital inspection is necessary to ensure that it doesn't happen.  Are you saying that is too far for you?  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, I'm trolling you by spouting a bunch of right wing talking points about this courtesy of GOP members as high up the ladder as Ron DeSantis and seeing how long you'd argue against me.  Personally, I'm a bit relieved you finally looked up the rest of my posts on here...I almost broke character a few times. 

Genital inspection is creepy, vote blue.

Yet, you still cant answer my original question. 

Why would it be fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You think it's insane to demand that girls who excel at sports be required to display their genitals in order to assure the parents of competing girls who lost that their daughters didn't lose to biological males?

Except that's not what was asked... Shit, the girl in question wasn't even aware of the question in the first place. 
Once she was proven via BC and what she was in KG it was over. 

The rest is simply idiot trying to push a political agenda on others, can't believe you guys keep falling for it. Makes me wonder if you are any different than the people you complain about pushing their agenda's onto others, you know those pesky Christians.

PS It's not against the Law to ask the question in the first place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Except that's not what was asked... Shit, the girl in question wasn't even aware of the question in the first place. 
Once she was proven via BC and what she was in KG it was over. 

The rest is simply idiot trying to push a political agenda on others, can't believe you guys keep falling for it. Makes me wonder if you are any different than the people you complain about pushing their agenda's onto others, you know those pesky Christians.

PS It's not against the Law to ask the question in the first place.

We could argue on whether it was put in the bill knowing it'd be taken out in a possible "door in the face" negotiation tactic, but I wouldn't be so sure the idea of genital inspection is as far fetched as you think.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We could argue on whether it was put in the bill knowing it'd be taken out in a possible "door in the face" negotiation tactic, but I wouldn't be so sure the idea of genital inspection is as far fetched as you think.

Again:

Would it be fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?  To break pre-existing female records and statistics, etc?

That was my original question.  One that you have STILL not been able to answer.   I guess you just want to avoid answering. 

Instead, you argued against yourself via a multiple personality disorder, and trolled for 2 hours.  Lol

I know you wont answer the question.   
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:20 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Again:

Would it be fair for a transgender person (A male who now identifies as a female)  to take a females spot or scholarship on a HS or college team?  To break pre-existing female records and statistics, etc?

That was my original question.  One that you have STILL not been able to answer.   I guess you just want to avoid answering. 

Instead, you argued against yourself via a multiple personality disorder, and trolled for 2 hours.  Lol

I know you wont answer the question.   

I don't see how conservatives think they have any right to talk about what is fair to women after severely degrading tens or hundreds of millions of women's healthcare. Women are quite literally going to die directly from their irresponsible policies. I guess it makes sense to focus on something like youth sports in light of that because it would be a heavy moral burden to come to terms with.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:27 PM)treee Wrote: I don't see how conservatives think they have any right to talk about what is fair to women after severely degrading tens or hundreds of millions of women's healthcare. Women are quite literally going to die directly from their irresponsible policies. I guess it makes sense to focus on something like youth sports in light of that because it would be a heavy moral burden to come to terms with.

See, you can't/wont even answer the question.

We are talking about HS and Collegiate women's sports. And men who are playing as women. 

Can you answer the question?  Is it fair?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:27 PM)treee Wrote: I don't see how conservatives think they have any right to talk about what is fair to women after severely degrading tens or hundreds of millions of women's healthcare. Women are quite literally going to die directly from their irresponsible policies. I guess it makes sense to focus on something like youth sports in light of that because it would be a heavy moral burden to come to terms with.

Elaborate?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:30 PM)ATOTR Wrote: See, you can't/wont even answer the question.

We are talking about HS and Collegiate women's sports. And men who are playing as women. 

No I don't personally think it is fair for amab (a male at birth) who has gone through puberty to compete athletically against a person who has not gone through puberty as a male. Most people don't. It's not a hard concession to make in and of itself. However, it is small fries in the bigger picture of which side is more damaging to women. It's near the bottom of my list as far as important policy decisions that need to be made. People who support taking away a women's quality of healthcare seemed to be obsessed with it though, ironically enough.
Reply/Quote
Heck, I might have been my sister changed at birth to a boy which could have explained how I lost in certain sporting events. My sister was a pretty good athlete.. This stuff needs to be investigated!  And Don't forget Aunt Lindsey Graham..You know there just HAD to be a switch going on there.. 
I can legally call Graham Aunt Lindsey since I live in South Carolina.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:30 PM)ATOTR Wrote: See, you can't/wont even answer the question.

No it isnt fair.  But i also grew up in a time and an area where it was considered unfair to have a "colored kid running the ball" for your HS football team.  

Life isn't fair. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:35 PM)treee Wrote: No I don't personally think it is fair for amab (a male at birth) who has gone through puberty to compete athletically against a person who has not gone through puberty as a male. Most people don't. It's not a hard concession to make in and of itself. However, it is small fries in the bigger picture of which side is more damaging to women. It's near the bottom of my list as far as important policy decisions that need to be made. People who support taking away a women's quality of healthcare seemed to be obsessed with it though, ironically enough.

That is because a male at birth is a male his whole life. 

I certainly am not obsessed with it, or taking away woman's healthcare rights, so you should make your sweeping generalities somewhere else. 

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:45 PM)ATOTR Wrote: That is because a male at birth is a male his whole life. 

I certainly am not obsessed with it, or taking away woman's healthcare rights, so you should make your sweeping generalities somewhere else. 

Right. Sex is an immutable characteristic. We don't get to choose our genes. However, gender is a social construct. It's honestly not that difficult. 

As far as sweeping generalities, get over it. The right does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to fairness for women right now. If they want moderates and liberals to take them seriously on fairness to women then they can vote out these anti-choice hardliners
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Life isn't fair. 

See, you are a conservative after all. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:51 PM)treee Wrote: Right. Sex is an immutable characteristic. We don't get to choose our genes. However, gender is a social construct. It's honestly not that difficult. 

As far as sweeping generalities, get over it. The right does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to fairness for women right now. If they want moderates and liberals to take them seriously on fairness to women then they can vote out these anti-choice hardliners

Are you a woman?  Plenty of women are conservatives.  I guess you know better for them? lol.  Get over it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:51 PM)ATOTR Wrote: See, you are a conservative after all. 

Who thinks life is fair?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who thinks life is fair?

All is fair in love and war so why not love each other right before we blow each other all to hell and back? It's only fair...right? 

We ALL knew boys in school who got the crap beat out of them by girls..Some never grow out of it too..
Funny part is a whole lot of girls want to compete with boys on equal footings, women are in the military and go to war in combat and yet some boy who has a REALLY hard time competing with other boys can't compete with girls who may just go on to lead a platoon of soldiers into combat?  Yeah..ban them from sports..Makes perfect sense.. ??
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: All is fair in love and war so why not love each other right before we blow each other all to hell and back? It's only fair...right? 

We ALL knew boys in school who got the crap beat out of them by girls..Some never grow out of it too..
Funny part is a whole lot of girls want to compete with boys on equal footings, women are in the military and go to war in combat and yet some boy who has a REALLY hard time competing with other boys can't compete with girls who may just go on to lead a platoon of soldiers into combat?  Yeah..ban them from sports..Makes perfect sense.. ??

We are talking about restricting born males from playing against born women in competitive sports. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 11:07 AM)ATOTR Wrote: We are talking about restricting born males from playing against born women in competitive sports. 

Tackling the important issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 02:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Tackling the important issues.

To preserve womens sports, I’d say that’s a worthwhile endeavor.
Reply/Quote