Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uzomah, Hopkins, and Hart...Oh My!
Overpaid. What's next a 5 year $45 million contract for Ced?

The only good thing I'll say about the Hart contract is it sort of frees our draft up some from having to draft OT. But, RT will be a weakness.

Even if you want these guys...why overpay?
Reply/Quote
Uzomah - $6 mill
Hopkins - $3 mill
Hart - $7 mill
-----------------
$16 mill of cap space already consumed for 2019.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Uzomah - $6 mill
Hopkins - $3 mill
Hart - $7 mill
-----------------
$16 mill of cap space already consumed for 2019.

Yep. Probably only going to spend something like $27 million like you said.
Reply/Quote
I think I’m most annoyed that the biggest FA we got in Dennard hasn’t been resigned yet.
Reply/Quote
Most will argue depth. I say lets see what hobspin has to say about why we weren't active in signing impact players. "Have to retain your guys". Hmm, good luck retaining me from not buying tix this year.

I would love to put my foot in my mouth. Not even Wednesday yet, but I fear the worst.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I don’t mind the Hopkins signing. He must be pissed seeing Hart getting more than he is though.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think I’m most annoyed that the biggest FA we got in Dennard hasn’t been resigned yet.

Once we keep Dennard, we will have kept our roster together from last year. Why break up the 6-10 band?
Reply/Quote
I’m fine with retaining and spending money on are own players that are actually good but my god Bobby Frickin Hart. I’m gonna vomit reading Hobson’s article on free agency when he says we spent all our money on our own guys like Hart, got outbide on Dennard and all the good free agent linebackers were too expensive.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Once we keep Dennard, we will have kept our roster together from last year. Why break up the 6-10 band?

You really do not understand the NFL at all.

I'll make a sig bet that out roster this year is different from 2018.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You really do not understand the NFL at all.

I'll make a sig bet that out roster this year is different from 2018.

That’s going out on a limb. Why don’t you explain to the rest of us neophytes how the nfl works obi-wan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That’s going out on a limb.  Why don’t you explain to the rest of us neophytes how the nfl works obi-wan

It works like this.

Re-signing one player does not mean that there will be no other changes.

If you don't believe me I'll make a sig bet with you also.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It works like this.

No you won’t because I won’t take that dumb a%# bet. Their first round pick will make the team, guaranteeing the roster will be different. Based on what they just overpaid that turnstile means he will be our starting right tackle next year. Sure they can other players too.

Why not pay for a good free agent lb and start a high pick rookie at rt? I’d much rather see that

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:52 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: No you won’t because I won’t take that dumb a%# bet.  Their first round pick will make the team, guaranteeing the roster will be different.  Based on what they just overpaid that turnstile means he will be our starting right tackle next year.  Sure they can other players too.

Why not pay for a good free agent lb and start a high pick rookie at rt?  I’d much rather see that

Thing is the Bengals needed not just 1 tackle but 3. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:52 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: No you won’t because I won’t take that dumb a%# bet.  Their first round pick will make the team, guaranteeing the roster will be different.  Based on what they just overpaid that turnstile means he will be our starting right tackle next year.  Sure they can other players too.

Why not pay for a good free agent lb and start a high pick rookie at rt?  I’d much rather see that

what are the gaurentees we can draft a high pick RT...  also why a RT with a high pick.  

And if we do.....  no gaurentees they are better than hart sadly.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what are the gaurentees we can draft a high pick RT...  also why a RT with a high pick.  

And if we do.....  no gaurentees they are better than hart sadly.

Hart is signed as the RT of the future. That's not a one year flyer contract.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hart is signed as the RT of the future. That's not a one year flyer contract.

After hearing the coaches comments I assumed we would re-sign Hart.  But I thought it might be another one year deal while we developed some draft picks or something like that.  

But we just signed Hart to be our RT of the future.  Right now he is the 30th highest paid OT in the league for 2019.  So he is getting paid more than some LTs.
Reply/Quote
I like the Hopkins and uzomah signings. Hopefully we can get out of Uz’s contract without any dead money before year three if he isn’t worth it at that point....Hart? You’ve got to be f****** kidding me. I already hate our o line coach. Not impressed with his resume, then their is the character stuff, then he drools all over Hart and we sign him to that contract? There better not be more than a couple mil guaranteed all in year one or that’s just a pathetic deal.
Reply/Quote
Hart is a horrible signing.
Reply/Quote
Hart is in top 10 rt contracts as of now. He was among the worst graded tackles in 2018 and is being paid top 10 numbers

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It works like this.

I want that Richard Simmons signature back.
Reply/Quote