Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs the Titans faced this season & results
(01-20-2022, 12:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just look at the QBs that are left in the playoffs:

Burrow 
Tannehill
Garappolo

Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Allen
Mahommes

I have him in the bottom third of this list, and that doesn't even include guys that aren't in the playoffs any more like Carr, Prescott, Murray, and others that didn't make the playoffs like Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Russell Wilson.  All of whom I would take over Stafford.  He just seems to make the same mistakes.  17 INTs on that team in year 13?  That's a ton.  

I would take Stafford ahead of those 6 you just listed. (Obviously under the assumption we're talking about 1 game or 1 season and not talking about long term since you listed Rodgers and Brady.) 

17 INT are very concerning, but he threw 7 of those 17 in the final 3 games when they already had a playoff spot secured with a 10-4 record. He had a QB Rating >100 in 9 of the 15 games prior. Then he went and dominated Arizona in the playoffs quickly before simply not needing to throw anymore.

He also managed to have 4 winning seasons in Detroit. That's pretty impressive when you consider it's Detroit.

Stafford is in that 8th-10th range right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would take Stafford ahead of those 6 you just listed. (Obviously under the assumption we're talking about 1 game or 1 season and not talking about long term since you listed Rodgers and Brady.) 

17 INT are very concerning, but he threw 7 of those 17 in the final 3 games when they already had a playoff spot secured with a 10-4 record. He had a QB Rating >100 in 9 of the 15 games prior. Then he went and dominated Arizona in the playoffs quickly before simply not needing to throw anymore.

He also managed to have 4 winning seasons in Detroit. That's pretty impressive when you consider it's Detroit.

Stafford is in that 8th-10th range right now.

Yeah Stafford is pretty damn good, he just has never had a really good team around him until now.

I also think he might beat the GOAT on Sunday and be going to the NFC Championship.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah Stafford is pretty damn good, he just has never had a really good team around him until now.

I also think he might beat the GOAT on Sunday and be going to the NFC Championship.

Doesn't help the Bucs that they lost their 1st Team All-Pro T in a game they shouldn't have been playing. Stomping a #7 seed that didn't belong rather than getting a bye as a #2 seed probably cost them their chances at advancing.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doesn't help the Bucs that they lost their 1st Team All-Pro T in a game they shouldn't have been playing. Stomping a #7 seed that didn't belong rather than getting a bye as a #2 seed probably cost them their chances at advancing.

Yep and the Rams look damn good on both sides of the ball with Donald and Kupp dominating their positions.

Don't know how the Bucs are going to stop Donald or cover Kupp.

Let alone Vonn Miller and the other pass rushers against the Wirfs backup.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and the Rams look damn good on both sides of the ball with Donald and Kupp dominating their positions.

Don't know how the Bucs are going to stop Donald or cover Kupp.

Let alone Vonn Bell and the other pass rushers against the Wirfs backup.

Von Miller, would be a huge loss for the Bengals to lose Vonn Bell to the Rams.   Ninja 

But otherwise I agree with you.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Von Miller, would be a huge loss for the Bengals to lose Vonn Bell to the Rams.   Ninja 

But otherwise I agree with you.

Thanks, started writing Vonn and thought the rest would come lol

Done that a couple times this year ha ha
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, started writing Vonn and thought the rest would come lol

Done that a couple times this year ha ha

It happens. I never used to proofread and I talk and texted while driving. It ended up after a few days when I was T&T'n my wife, when I said actually, the phone would would correct to Ashley. She wanted to know who TF Ashley was. Bad part was I actually had a woman in my office named Ashley. It was awkward trying to explain. The way she confronted me made me nervous, like WTF? I was working like 14hrs a day so in a way I understood her concern.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It happens. I never used to proofread and I talk and texted while driving. It ended up after a few days when I was T&T'n my wife, when I said actually, the phone would would correct to Ashley. She wanted to know who TF Ashley was. Bad part was I actually had a woman in my office named Ashley. It was awkward trying to explain. The way she confronted me made me nervous, like WTF? I was working like 14hrs a day so in a way I understood her concern.

I bet that autocorrect has destroyed a lot of families and I am not even kidding....
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I bet that autocorrect has destroyed a lot of families and I am not even kidding....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9645088]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Titans faced the following QBs and I have included that QBs performance as well as the game result:

Week 1-  Kyler Murray 21/32 for 289 yards 4 TD 1 INT  (LOSS)

Week 2- Russell Wilson 22/31 for 343 yards 2 TD, 0 INT (WIN)

Week 3- Carson Wentz 19/37 for 194 yards 0 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Week 4-  Zach Wilson 21/34 fir 297 yards 2 TD 1 INT (LOSS)

Week 5-  Trevor Lawrence 23/33 for 273 yards 1 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 6-  Josh Allen 35/47 for 353 yards, 3 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 7- Patrick Mahommes 20/35 for 206 yards 0 TD 1 INT (WIN)
           Chad Henne 11/16 for 82 yards 0 TD 0INT

Week 8-  Carson Wentz 27/51 for 231 yards 3 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 9-  Mathew Stafford 31/48 for 294 yards 1 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 10- Trevor Siemian 19/34 for 298 yards 2 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Week 11-  Tyrod Taylor 14/24 for 107 yards 0 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

Week 12- Mac Jones 23/32 for 310 yards 2 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

BYE week 13

Week 14-  Trevor Lawrence 24/40 for 221 yards )TD 4 INT (WIN)

Week 15- Pig ben 16/25 for 148 yards 0 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

Week 16-  Jimmy Garappolo 26/35 for 322 1 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 17-  Tua Tagovailoa 18/38 for 205 yards 0 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 18-  Davis Mills 23/33 for 301 yards 3 TD 0 INT (WIN)

I BOLDED the two QBs that the Titans faced that have played at a level like Joe Burrow.  Oddly, they beat both these teams.  The KC game had 2 fumbles by KC, 9 penaltis for 77 yards against KC, and an INT.  Not surprising with those numbers, KC got hammered.  That was also kind of the springboard game where Mahommes stopped trying to get everything way downfield and took more what defenses gave him.  Sound familiar?

The Buffalo game was the one where they tried to QB sneak Allen from the 3 yard line only to lose his footing and get stuffed.  The Bills significantly outgained the Titans, but forced only two punts the entire game.  Henry went off for 143 yards and 3 TDs.  They simply couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.  Henry put them in a lot of 3rd and short down and distances.  Bengals defense, take note.

One thing I take from this schedule of opposing QBs is that the Titans have not faced a QB that was even above average (you MIGHT be able to argue Mac Jones) since week 7 of the season.  Jimmy G had his good statistical game minus the two huge INTs that he is becoming famous for.  

The Titans clearly get up for their biggest competition and I'm sure the Bengals will get their best shot in the playoffs.  One thing is for sure, though.  It has been a LONG time this season since the Titans faced a QB like Burrow.

I feel that way with Running Game with us, outside of Cleveland we will have not faced a running attack like Tennessee and if Henry is back and able to play at a good level with will be the best running attack we will have faced.... Also you have to consider Stafford top tier QB this year, he threw for around 4,900 yards and 41 TDs, they won that game also, pretty impressive 3-0 against top tier qbs in Allen, Mahomes, and Stafford
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Titans faced the following QBs and I have included that QBs performance as well as the game result:

Week 1-  Kyler Murray 21/32 for 289 yards 4 TD 1 INT  (LOSS)

Week 2- Russell Wilson 22/31 for 343 yards 2 TD, 0 INT (WIN)

Week 3- Carson Wentz 19/37 for 194 yards 0 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Week 4-  Zach Wilson 21/34 fir 297 yards 2 TD 1 INT (LOSS)

Week 5-  Trevor Lawrence 23/33 for 273 yards 1 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 6-  Josh Allen 35/47 for 353 yards, 3 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 7- Patrick Mahommes 20/35 for 206 yards 0 TD 1 INT (WIN)
           Chad Henne 11/16 for 82 yards 0 TD 0INT

Week 8-  Carson Wentz 27/51 for 231 yards 3 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 9-  Mathew Stafford 31/48 for 294 yards 1 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 10- Trevor Siemian 19/34 for 298 yards 2 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Week 11-  Tyrod Taylor 14/24 for 107 yards 0 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

Week 12- Mac Jones 23/32 for 310 yards 2 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

BYE week 13

Week 14-  Trevor Lawrence 24/40 for 221 yards )TD 4 INT (WIN)

Week 15- Pig ben 16/25 for 148 yards 0 TD 0 INT (LOSS)

Week 16-  Jimmy Garappolo 26/35 for 322 1 TD 2 INT (WIN)

Week 17-  Tua Tagovailoa 18/38 for 205 yards 0 TD 1 INT (WIN)

Week 18-  Davis Mills 23/33 for 301 yards 3 TD 0 INT (WIN)

Playoffs  - Joe Burrow   (LOSS)

I BOLDED the two QBs that the Titans faced that have played at a level like Joe Burrow.  Oddly, they beat both these teams.  The KC game had 2 fumbles by KC, 9 penaltis for 77 yards against KC, and an INT.  Not surprising with those numbers, KC got hammered.  That was also kind of the springboard game where Mahommes stopped trying to get everything way downfield and took more what defenses gave him.  Sound familiar?

The Buffalo game was the one where they tried to QB sneak Allen from the 3 yard line only to lose his footing and get stuffed.  The Bills significantly outgained the Titans, but forced only two punts the entire game.  Henry went off for 143 yards and 3 TDs.  They simply couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.  Henry put them in a lot of 3rd and short down and distances.  Bengals defense, take note.

One thing I take from this schedule of opposing QBs is that the Titans have not faced a QB that was even above average (you MIGHT be able to argue Mac Jones) since week 7 of the season.  Jimmy G had his good statistical game minus the two huge INTs that he is becoming famous for.  

The Titans clearly get up for their biggest competition and I'm sure the Bengals will get their best shot in the playoffs.  One thing is for sure, though.  It has been a LONG time this season since the Titans faced a QB like Burrow.

Autocorrect fixed it 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Worth noting that the Titans were 30th in yards allowed to WRs, and 28th in TDs.

I know a team with amazing WRs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 02:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Worth noting that the Titans were 30th in yards allowed to WRs, and 28th in TDs.

I know a team with amazing WRs.

Also, Tannehill has a QB rating of 86.8 at home this year, with 10 tds to 9 ints, and averages 7.1 ypa.
Joe Burrow on the road has a 102.7 QB rating, with 16 tds to 7 ints, and averages 8.2 ypa.

As Dehner and Morrison pointed out earlier, QBs who had the higher yards per attempt in their playoff matchups have won the last 10 in a row and 28 of the last 32. Burrow has had 5 games of 7.5+ ypa on the road, Tannehill had only 2 at home. 
Reply/Quote