Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VP Debate Thread
(10-05-2016, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's a more polite version of Ted Cruz. IF the GOP returns to normal by 2020, he has little chance. His horrible record is being overshadowed by Trump right now. I'm surprised Kaine didn't hit Pence on his atrocious actions against the LGBT community. 

I really do feel that Kaine's attacks were what the Clinton campaign was making him do. First, that's not his style. Second, Clinton can't get away with being that aggressive and so she was using Kaine to do it for her.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Id vote for Kaine 10xs over then any of the candidates throughout the cycle.
The news is doing a good job with their "Here's every time Donald said something that Pence said he didn't say" stories.

Making it easy for the Clinton campaign to turn that into ads.

(clip of Kaine accusing Trump of saying something)
(clip of Pence denying)
(Clip of Trump saying it with text overlay of specific words from the quote like "rapist" or "stronger leader").
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
So much fighting and interrupting. In a way it showed the state of the house and the senate and why things are frequently stalemated or filibustered. Was not impressed with either. If anything this helped Trump who is the outsider.
This is the Politifact running blog of the debate: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/oct/04/fact-checking-tim-kaine-mike-pence-vp-debate-runni/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-05-2016, 12:02 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So much fighting and interrupting.  In a way it showed the state of the house and the senate and why things are frequently stalemated or filibustered.  Was not impressed with either.  If anything this helped Trump who is the outsider.

Seriously. If there is anything to be learned from the first two attempts at these "discussion" debates it's that the mics need kill switches.
I know I've been banging the Libertarian drum, but I REALLY wanted to see Bill Weld in this.
He is one of the sharpest SOB's I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Amazingly the Right leaning around here think Kaine did a better job; while the left leaning give the nod to Pence.

I must say I only watched about 1 minute and thoughts of Nixon-JFK camr to mind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-05-2016, 10:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Kaine won on substance, but that's not what wins these debates overall. It's very telling, though, that the DNC/Clinton campaign is very happy with Kaine's performance, and while the GOP/Trump campaign has warm fuzzies about Pence's performance, Trump himself is reportedly unimpressed.

Honestly, Pence was setting up a 2020 bid more than anything. As Roll Call put it in one tweet, "Pence just won the Iowa caucus."
One might think so, and yet, I am pretty sure that had Pence run with the other 16 Republican candidates against Trump he would have lost, probably dropped out about when Walker did.  Almost any of those 16 except Bush and Carson and Christie (because of bridgegate) would have Clinton underwater right now, given the email scandal. But the "base" wouldn't have it that way.  And if Trump loses big, it is unlikely that base hold its own bad judgment accountable. It will be the fault of the liberal press and a rigged system and the establishment's refusal to support a loose-cannon candidate.

It is not clear that the Republican party will or can go back to "normal" now.
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/783669207040946176

Hillary's newest ad showing every time Pence said "He didn't say that" next to a clip of Trump saying it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-05-2016, 06:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/783669207040946176

Hillary's newest ad showing every time Pence said "He didn't say that" next to a clip of Trump saying it.

Must be reading my twitter account.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.