Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value Of NFL Franchises- Bengals LAST
Sportico released their list of most valuable sports franchises and Dallas is at the top value of 7.64 billion.

The Bengals are valued at the lowest in the league at 2.84 billion, well below the league average of 4.14 billion.

Everyone has always said that Mike Brown is a smart businessman, regardless of being a bad owner, but, even considering that Cincinnati is a small market franchise, this seems to suggest otherwise.

Quote:1) Dallas Cowboys $7.64B
2) Los Angeles Rams $5.91B
3) New England Patriots $5.88B
4) New York Giants $5.73B
5) San Francisco 49ers $5.18B
6) Chicago Bears $5B
7) New York Jets $4.8B
8) Washington Commanders $4.78B
9) Philadelphia Eagles $4.7B
10) Denver Broncos $4.65B
11) Houston Texans $4.63B
12) Seattle Seahawks $4.385B
13) Pittsburgh Steelers $4.26B
14) Green Bay Packers $4.19B
15) Las Vegas Raiders $4.08B
16) Miami Dolphins $4.06B
17) Atlanta Falcons $3.88B
18) Minnesota Vikings $3.72B
19) Los Angeles Chargers $3.62B
20) Kansas City Chiefs $3.54B
21) Baltimore Ravens $3.435B
22) Carolina Panthers $3.36B
23) Tennessee Titans $3.29B
24) Tampa Bay Buccaneers $3.28B
25) New Orleans Saints $3.26B
26) Indianapolis Colts $3.245B
27) Cleveland Browns $3.18B
28) Arizona Cardinals $3.165B
29) Buffalo Bills $2.99B
30) Jacksonville Jaguars $2.94B
31) Detroit Lions $2.86B
32) Cincinnati Bengals $2.84B
LEAGUE AVERAGE $4.14B

I will say that, aside from the Steelers, no other AFCN team is even in the top twenty, but would winning a Super Bowl even boost this value? Does Mike need to expand the front office with advertising and things to get more fans interested in the team?

Has Mike Brown really been cheap or has he just been cautious because he doesn't have as much money as other owners? Will selling the naming rights to the field build enough revenue that he'll start doing other things to make money?

I have a meeting at noon so I can't say much but I'm sure I'll have more later.
Reply/Quote
So the Super Bowl run last season added $500 million in value. The Bills. Ladt seasons 32, on the other hand gained $700 million to move up several spots. Their new stadium deals coupled with Josh Allen helped boost that number

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
***** Rams. The rich just get richer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Valuations are funny because you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for you. If the Browns went to sell the Bengals tomorrow I believe they would probably get far more than what is portrayed here simply because of the exclusivity to get into the club.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Valuations are funny because you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for you. If the Browns went to sell the Bengals tomorrow I believe they would probably get far more than what is portrayed here simply because of the exclusivity to get into the club.

I agree that they'd get far more but I think that speaks to how much the franchise could improve with improving the front office and sinking some money into the franchise.

It will be interesting to see how much this improves over the course of Burrow's career, especially after we win our first Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree that they'd get far more but I think that speaks to how much the franchise could improve with improving the front office and sinking some money into the franchise.

It will be interesting to see how much this improves over the course of Burrow's career, especially after we win our first Super Bowl.

A lot of the value comes by way of market size. It is one of the reasons the Rams wanted out of St. Louis and into LA. If the Bengals were picked up and dropped in LA instead of the Rams they'd be worth an extra billion right off the top.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of the value comes by way of market size. It is one of the reasons the Rams wanted out of St. Louis and into LA. If the Bengals were picked up and dropped in LA instead of the Rams they'd be worth an extra billion right off the top.

Owning your own stadium counts for a lot, too. I’ve heard Jerryworld, and the surrounding area, bolstered the Cowboys worth even more.

Reply/Quote
As long as they stay in Cincinnati, who cares?
Reply/Quote
I imagine the Bengals will move up considerably over the next 10 years. Renovations to PBS, naming rights deals, and taking better advantage of local corporations should make the Bengals even more money.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of the value comes by way of market size. It is one of the reasons the Rams wanted out of St. Louis and into LA. If the Bengals were picked up and dropped in LA instead of the Rams they'd be worth an extra billion right off the top.

I agree but then the Steelers also don't have a big market but are in the top half of valuable NFL franchises.

I'm hoping that we continue to improve our outreach and appearance because I think that, with two young stars and the history of the franchise (tigers, The Jungle, Who-Dey chant, etc), we could gain a lot of value in the coming years.
Reply/Quote
The more storied franchises and/or those in the big markets are naturally going to be higher on the list.
For as much as we think there have been some great moments and seasons for the Bengals, they have only ever been to 3 Super Bowls, and haven't won one yet.

The top 10 metropolitan areas by population, per Statista:
1) NYC (~20 mill)
2) LA (~13 mill)
3) Chicago (~9.5 mill)
4) Dallas-Forth Worth (~7.75 mill)
5) Houston (~7.2 mill)
6) DC (~6.35 mill)
7) Philly (~6.25 mill)
8) Atlanta (~6.15 mill)
9) Miami (~6 mill)
10) Phoenix (~5 mill)

Cincinnati is 30th on the list at ~2.25 mill pop.

And Cincinnati would probably have more fans outside of the metro area if there weren't quite a handful of fans from cities about 2 hours away that are primarily fans of other teams instead. For example, Columbus is predominantly Browns fans. Columbus is just a few hours away from IND, CIN, CLE, DET, and PIT. Louisville is about same distance between IND, CIN, and TEN. And even around Cincinnati, I know quite a few people who are actually Browns fans still even though they never lived near Cleveland because their family has always been Browns fans before the Bengals existed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
One thing worth noting, for all people that like to hate on Mike Brown they should be happy this is something he doesn't really care about. A lot of those owners who picked teams up and moved them it was in the name of chasing these bigger valuations. People can be mad about Mike being "cheap" but he was also not the kind of guy who was spending the money to try to get the value up just to move the team or sell it either.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised at the Bengals being ranked 32 among NFL franchises.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 02:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing worth noting, for all people that like to hate on Mike Brown they should be happy this is something he doesn't really care about. A lot of those owners who picked teams up and moved them it was in the name of chasing these bigger valuations. People can be mad about Mike being "cheap" but he was also not the kind of guy who was spending the money to try to get the value up just to move the team or sell it either.

Well, there was the little thingy years ago with a threat of leaving if they didn't get their stadium paid by sales tax.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 02:50 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Well, there was the little thingy years ago with a threat of leaving if they didn't get their stadium paid by sales tax.

Every team does that, and sometimes they leave even if the city will build it. All things considered he took it "easy" on the city in terms of the scale and grandeur of the stadium. In this age of super stadiums, he doesn't seem to even be entertaining that as the lease is coming up which is a good thing because stadium prices have gotten insane.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 02:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Every team does that, and sometimes they leave even if the city will build it. All things considered he took it "easy" on the city in terms of the scale and grandeur of the stadium. In this age of super stadiums, he doesn't seem to even be entertaining that as the lease is coming up which is a good thing because stadium prices have gotten insane.

Know what you're saying but he used leverage. You can try to minimize or define that all you want but nobody knows the extent he would have gone to if it didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 02:59 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Know what you're saying buy he used lots of leverage. You can try to minimize or define that all you want but nobody knows the extent he would have gone to if it didn't happen.

I mean we will see, again he could do the same thing right now if he really wanted to. If anything he has given up some of his contractual "gets" in the recent year. Maybe he has just softened over time, negotiations are weird like that sometimes. Either way he has never been driven by the idea of trying to increase team value and everything that comes with that. Some of those things probably would have helped our on field product, some of them may have been bad for us as fans.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals don't own their stadium. IF they did, they'd be worth probably 1 billion+ more.

Although, the Steelers don't own their stadium either. So I don't know.
Reply/Quote
no surprise, we have been in bottom tier forever... and you are correct if Mike really was a cheap, smart business person, he had moved the bengals years ago and have a much higher value..
Reply/Quote
30 years of Mike Brown doesn't get washed away by 1 good year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote