Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals
(06-02-2022, 12:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason people think I am bashing hurst when I say he won't put up big numbers with the Bengals.  What I am actually saying is that no TE (except maybe someone like Kelce or Gronkowski) will put up big numbers with the Bengals as long as Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon are healthy.  Hurst may have slightly better numbers than CJ just because as a team we thrown for a lot  more yards, but he is not going to bust off a 800+ yard season.  

Honestly I don't want him taking targets away from the other stars.  The 3 WRs are all MUCH better receiving threats than Hayden and Mixon is better with the ball in his hands.

BTW Mixon had 31 receptions over his last 6 games.  That is a pace to catch 88 passes in a 17 game season.  I don't think Joe will get that many but I predict he will play a much bigger role in the passing game this year.  I'd like to see him get 60 receptions.

James Rapien I swear must have seen all of Fredtoast’s comments talking about Hurst. He’s seen him in practice. Fredtoast dead wrong in his comments on Hurst. https://youtu.be/lt7KSIrGohQ
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: James Rapien I swear must have seen all of Fredtoast’s comments talking about Hurst. He’s seen him in practice. Fredtoast dead wrong in his comments on Hurst. https://youtu.be/lt7KSIrGohQ

Just watched the video an Rapien says the same thing as me.  Slight up grade in production over Uzomah (from 500 yd to 600 yd) but nowhere close to an 800+ yd season like we see from elite TEs.  Whenever Hurst has been on a team with an elite TE he has been benched behind him.

And Rapien might have seen Hurst run some routes in shorts but I have actually watched him play real games.

BTW since some of you are incapable of getting my point I will repeat it again.  I am not bashing Hurst when is say he won't have a huge season.  I am simply pointing out that with our three top WRs no TE is going to have a huge season for us.  It would hurt our offense to take targets away from our Chase, Boyd, or Higgins in order to feed Hurst the ball.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just watched the video an Rapien says the same thing as me.  Slight up grade in production over Uzomah (from 500 yd to 600 yd) but nowhere close to an 800+ yd season like we see from elite TEs.  Whenever Hurst has been on a team with an elite TE he has been benched behind him.

And Rapien might have seen Hurst run some routes in shorts but I have actually watched him play real games.

BTW since some of you are incapable of getting my point I will repeat it again.  I am not bashing Hurst when is say he won't have a huge season.  I am simply pointing out that with our three top WRs no TE is going to have a huge season for us.  It would hurt our offense to take targets away from our Chase, Boyd, or Higgins in order to feed Hurst the ball.

It’s your comments on Hurst athletically versus C J. It’s not the production. Of course he won’t have huge numbers
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just watched the video an Rapien says the same thing as me.  Slight up grade in production over Uzomah (from 500 yd to 600 yd) but nowhere close to an 800+ yd season like we see from elite TEs.  Whenever Hurst has been on a team with an elite TE he has been benched behind him.

I don't think Hurst will have a huge season necessarily either. Just his best season as a pro if he stays healthy.

He should benefit from our top 3 WR's. One of these guys will be open if Burrow has time.

BTW, Uzo would be benched behind Mark Andrews and Pitts himself. I don't find that to be a strong argument against Hurst.

If anything Hurst is less beat up in the NFL cause he hasn't had tons of #1 TE snaps.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think Hurst will have a huge season necessarily either. Just his best season as a pro if he stays healthy.

He should benefit from our top 3 WR's. One of these guys will be open if Burrow has time.

BTW, Uzo would be benched behind Mark Andrews and Pitts himself. I don't find that to be a strong argument against Hurst.

If anything Hurst is less beat up in the NFL cause he hasn't had tons of #1 TE snaps.

Very spot on
Reply/Quote