Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very pleased at what I saw today
This team played with fire and poise today. Although both defenses seemed to go south for the fourth quarter, the offense never gave in and kept fighting back. Not only did they fight back, but they kept their heads and made good plays. We knew this was going to be a tough one for the team going in: a division rival who had never gone 0 and 3 sitting on 0 and 2. At home, no less. We knew they would throw everything including the kitchen sink at us, and they did. And Baltimore is not a bad team, despite their record.

I liked what I saw from the offense today and I hope they keep that up for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. We played like a team that expected to be 3 and 0, not a team that was complacent to slink out of town with a tight win IMO.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: This team played with fire and poise today. Although both defenses seemed to go south for the fourth quarter, the offense never gave in and kept fighting back. Not only did they fight back, but they kept their heads and made good plays. We knew this was going to be a tough one for the team going in: a division rival who had never gone 0 and 3 sitting on 0 and 2. At home, no less. We knew they would throw everything including the kitchen sink at us, and they did. And Baltimore is not a bad team, despite their record.

I liked what I saw from the offense today and I hope they keep that up for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. We played like a team that expected to be 3 and 0, not a team that was complacent to slink out of town with a tight win IMO.

I was not overly excited today but loved Dalton not letting the interception determine the rest of his game. We came back and won. You are right, coming out of Baltimore was not an easy task and I'm very proud but still see so many things which need fixed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was not overly excited today but loved Dalton not letting the interception determine the rest of his game. We came back and won. You are right, coming out of Baltimore was not an easy task and I'm very proud but still see so many things which need fixed.

Yeah, penalties and a few missed tackles today will give the coaches plenty of teaching fodder for this week. Somehow I think the players are as upset over these things as everyone else. But even the two turnovers and two sacks failed to outshine the offensive effort on display. Can't expect much more, especially being on the road against a division nemesis. One of the more entertaining I've seen in the Dalton era. Well done!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Is Dalton ready to win the "big games"?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I'm always happy beating a division opponent on the road.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was not overly excited today but loved Dalton not letting the interception determine the rest of his game. We came back and won. You are right, coming out of Baltimore was not an easy task and I'm very proud but still see so many things which need fixed.

Right on Harley!!  It was a great win, but we have a number of things to work on.  Let's hope they get them straightened out this week.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:26 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Is Dalton ready to win the "big games"?

He sure refused to lose today.  You keep stacking these games on top of each other, sooner or later confidence takes over. 

My dream is for Andy to get on a season long roll that makes the playoffs seem a lot more like just the next game on the schedule and not some giant mountain to climb or demon to exorcise.  So far, so good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones should be getting more love for his part in this win. His two catches for big plays made the ravens have to account for him and not just double AJ.
Reply/Quote
Me 2 !

There was fire and passion in this team today on the road with a good team in desperation mode. They had a few bumps in the road and instead of folding they fought thru to the end ! So nice to see.

A corner may have truly been turned today.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: Marvin Jones should be getting more love for his part in this win. His two catches for big plays made the ravens have to account for him and not just double AJ.

Marv is the real deal.  Tracks the ball and catches so well in traffic.  True threat opposite AJ.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Look at Daltons face during that 4th quarter. He didn't look nervous or scared, he looked mad. Really really mad. Loved the fire we saw from our QB today.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:43 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Look at Daltons face during that 4th quarter. He didn't look nervous or scared, he looked mad. Really really mad. Loved the fire we saw from our QB today.

Yup, this is what I loved about the game today. Hoping that Andy develops that fire and swagger that Boomer has.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:43 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Look at Daltons face during that 4th quarter. He didn't look nervous or scared, he looked mad. Really really mad. Loved the fire we saw from our QB today.

Right On !

That's the face I've been waiting to see. Give me the damn ball we ain't taking this chit face. A.J. and others had it as well.

That's what we've been lacking in many games past. So nice to see
Reply/Quote
Dalton had only 2 bad plays all day. And one was kind of on the Oline/Eifert by allowing that sack. Almost all of his plays were on point and actually pretty incredible.

His best game so far for the year, in my opinion. Despite the interception and fumble. He really put the team on his (and Green's) back in the 4th quarter and won a game that we Bengals fans are accustomed to losing.

Dalton really has improved this off season. Now, hopefully he doesn't revert, like he did last year (*Knock on wood*)
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me 2 !

There was fire and passion in this team today on the road with a good team in desperation mode. They had a few bumps in the road and instead of folding they fought thru to the end ! So nice to see.

A corner may have truly been turned today.

Every week is a new corner. (sorry for the Marvinism), but I love reading this from Harbaugh:

Quote:(on Bengals WR A.J. Green alluding the defense) “It seems to be a regular occurrence with him. One of these days, we’ll figure out how to cover A.J. Green. It’d be nice if we did that one time before he retires. They re-signed him, didn’t they? So, he’s going to be around for a while. We better figure it out.”
Happy
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:34 PM)McC Wrote: He sure refused to lose today.  You keep stacking these games on top of each other, sooner or later confidence takes over. 

My dream is for Andy to get on a season long roll that makes the playoffs seem a lot more like just the next game on the schedule and not some giant mountain to climb or demon to exorcise.  So far, so good.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He's taking his game to a new level and the confidence is the best we've seen. I thought he would tank after the int. However, he didn't and that alone proves he is better mentally than he ever has been. Normally that INT would have meant another to follow and a lot of over throws and incompletions. I think our QB is growing up.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: This team played with fire and poise today. Although both defenses seemed to go south for the fourth quarter, the offense never gave in and kept fighting back. Not only did they fight back, but they kept their heads and made good plays. We knew this was going to be a tough one for the team going in: a division rival who had never gone 0 and 3 sitting on 0 and 2. At home, no less. We knew they would throw everything including the kitchen sink at us, and they did. And Baltimore is not a bad team, despite their record.

Great win and great tenacity to fight back by the offense when they surrendered the lead!! That said, the defense in the second half was atrocious with poor tackling and unsuccessful pass rush. To let an old man, Smith, put up the numbers and catches he did today is flat out embarrassing(he will not equal that statline in the next four games combined)!

Marvin's clock management probably cost them points and the playcalling when things started getting real was mind boggling.

Were you pleased with the defense?
Reply/Quote
Plus, Peko made some plays, and Marvin almost looked like a good HC for parts of the first half.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:18 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Plus, Peko made some plays, and Marvin almost looked like a good HC for parts of the first half.

Looked like Peko played  a pretty good game.  The Ratbirds has no running game.  Really, Steve Smith was all they had.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dalton had only 2 bad plays all day. And one was kind of on the Oline/Eifert by allowing that sack. Almost all of his plays were on point and actually pretty incredible.

His best game so far for the year, in my opinion. Despite the interception and fumble. He really put the team on his (and Green's) back in the 4th quarter and won a game that we Bengals fans are accustomed to losing.

Dalton really has improved this off season. Now, hopefully he doesn't revert, like he did last year (*Knock on wood*)

Might be one of the best games he has ever had going by the eye test.

While he did the same thing last year, I think this year has looked much more convincing.... Hope he doesn't revert back as you say though.
Reply/Quote