Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalid Kareem
(08-13-2020, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds like the opposite of Sam Hubbard.

Seems more  Frostee Rucker-esque imo.
Reply/Quote
I don't have the highest hopes for Kareem, but he has a good shot at being active on game day. The Bengals don't have a lot of EDGE players. Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson are the only other players that play his spot. Brown is more of a DE/DT tweener, similar to what they wanted Hardison to do or what Bryan Robinson did for us in 2006.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess the good thing this year is that he is not going to get enough snaps to take any off....
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. Probably the pick I am least excited about from this draft.

Hopefully he can be a solid rotational guy, but I’m not expecting a whole lot. People saying he can be our new Michael Johnson are probably being a bit too optimistic, imo.

I remember seeing some Notre Dame fans pretty uninspired by the pick.

(08-13-2020, 12:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He has been the most polarizing pick by far.

I think if the farthest he develops is as a poor-man's MJ (which from all tape and paper accounts, he indeed seems to be like that), we can be happy with that; 5 years or so as a solid rotational piece, 2-3 sacks a year and solid run D, I'd be happy with that.

Anything more is gravy.

He's definitely not a BAD player (especially with his leadership and other intangibles, apparently), but is he good-enough to stick on an NFL roster, with his ability?

A rare time I disagree with you guys. Kareem is nothing like MJ, Kareem has bend and is better at using his hands in freeing
himself up from blocks. He is also stronger cause he uses his technique better. MJ was a walking tree out there his last few 
years who was good at batting down balls cause of his height and he was a decent run stopper. 

I see no reason Kareem could not be better than MJ except for who is in front of him. Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson is a strong 
front to break into but with Lawson's injury history and Dunlap getting up there in age it isn't impossible. What is great about
Hubbard is his versatility and the way he uses his hands. The strength of Kareem is how he uses his hands.
Reply/Quote
Little known facts about Khalid.

His nickname is "No Fly List"
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A rare time I disagree with you guys. Kareem is nothing like MJ, Kareem has bend and is better at using his hands in freeing
himself up from blocks. He is also stronger cause he uses his technique better. MJ was a walking tree out there his last few 
years who was good at batting down balls cause of his height and he was a decent run stopper. 

I see no reason Kareem could not be better than MJ except for who is in front of him. Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson is a strong 
front to break into but with Lawson's injury history and Dunlap getting up there in age it isn't impossible. What is great about
Hubbard is his versatility and the way he uses his hands. The strength of Kareem is how he uses his hands.

As I said, if he becomes more than a Ramondo Stallings-type player, it'll be gravy. But as you mentioned, with the guys in front of him for the next 3-5 years, I don't see how he'll become better than a poor-man's MJ, from a production standpoint; I've seen little tape on Kareem, so anything I project or talk about in terms of stats or team value, is solely based on production and not on tape (thus, I wasn't sure of his hands or bend, my apologies!).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 04:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said, if he becomes more than a Ramondo Stallings-type player, it'll be gravy. But as you mentioned, with the guys in front of him for the next 3-5 years, I don't see how he'll become better than a poor-man's MJ, from a production standpoint; I've seen little tape on Kareem, so anything I project or talk about in terms of stats or team value, is solely based on production and not on tape (thus, I wasn't sure of his hands or bend, my apologies!).

Cool, I watched the tape on Kareem when we Drafted him, he is extremely good at getting off of blocks which is a great 
trait to have in an End. He lacks explosion though, this is Kareem's biggest weakness that and as Ray said, he can disappear
at times. He is smart though and good at getting off of blocks. Should help in stopping the run in our rotation and get a sack
here and there.
Reply/Quote