Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vigil: 'Our mentality has to change'
(12-03-2018, 02:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Burfict is simply not good anymore. Watching the tape yesterday he gets blocked by weak attempts and just collapses to the ground. The one long Lyndsay run he was in position to make the play or atleast force him back and a blocker taps him and he collapses comically. If you watch last week his attempt at pass coverage is holding onto guys and getting dragged across the field.  Other times he goes to grab and misses and they are running free. He is constantly over pursuing and not maintaining his run fit, which leaves massive cut back lanes (see Lyndsay 6 yard td).

He honestly just needs to be released at the end of the year, between poor play and injuries there isn't much left there. 

Could this be because he (now) knows he's under a microscope and will get flagged for any ounce of aggressiveness and therefore has become extremely timid?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could this be because he (now) knows he's under a microscope and will get flagged for any ounce of aggressiveness and therefore has become extremely timid?

Possibly, but it might just be that he just doesn't give a shit any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Whitworth left because he wanted too said so publicly. 

And even if Marvin was down on Ross doesn't mean he didn't listen to his coaching staff and go along with them.

Whitworth did not say that?

He said he preferred to remain with the Bengals before FA opened.
The Bengals offered him a:
1 year/$10 mil with incentives deal.

Rams offered a:
3 year/$11 mil per year deal.
Signing Bonus of $5 mil, $15 mil guaranteed
So first year of contract he gets $20 Mil + Salary.

Which is the better deal for a guy his age? Heck it's not even about age when looking at the difference between the 2 offers, the salary per year might have averaged out the same, but overall money in pocket sure doesn't. I don't think there's anyone out there that wouldn't take the Rams offer.

Once they couldn't meet on contract negotiations, then he started talking about a fresh start and going somewhere where he could feel wanted.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could this be because he (now) knows he's under a microscope and will get flagged for any ounce of aggressiveness and therefore has become extremely timid?

Not in this case. This is strictly talking about how he takes on blockers, which he has never been fined for hitting an oncoming blocker too hard. He gets to easily blocked and doesn't stack and shed at all anymore he just kind of lets them take him out of the play. To the tackling point, the guy has never been a good tackler he is a good hitter. We saw that on display this weekend when he laid himself out hitting the TE. When he is asked to wrap up and make a tackle in space he simply can't, he just dives at legs.

Honestly I think his big hits along with a better defense around him just did a good job of disguising his inadequacies in the past. I will say that he did know the defense front and back early on and that probably helped in be in better positions to start when he first got here. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:56 PM)jason Wrote: Man that happens all the time. On every team in every sport. You've never had a chuckle during a shitty day at work?

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from pulling your hair out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Or...you know...how about a new head coach? 

Yeah.  That's a given.

Talking about this season... which at this point is lost.

Pacman is a piece of crap but wasn't a quitter.

That's kind of the feeling I'm getting from the players making these quotes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The fact that he says I don’t know just goes to show we have no leaders in the locker room and or the coaching staff is just that bad.
Reply/Quote