Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings DE Danielle Hunter seeking trade

Reply/Quote
Bad year to try to force a trade for more money lol. Draft Picks and Cap Space are at a premium.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bad year to try to force a trade for more money lol. Draft Picks and Cap Space are at a premium.

Yea, that comes across a bit tone-deaf but shooters shoot I guess.
Reply/Quote
I don't see them spending 20+ on any DE even with Burrow's rookie deal.

Or giving up the picks needed to get a top pass rusher.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I remember it taking years for the Bengals to spend a dime on FA as they believed at the time that FA were over-paid and there was no loyalty require from outside players.

Last year, the Bengals opened their wallet which had to be a poison pill for those like Mike Brown. I cannot believe the Bengals would spend 20+ mil on a DL player, ever. I think the Bengals will pay for their own to a point, at least for skilled players like QB. But not line players, even though DE is considered a premium player.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see them spending 20+ on any DE even with Burrow's rookie deal.

Or giving up the picks needed to get a top pass rusher.

Aside from Aaron Donald, a healthy JJ Watt, Von Miller, and TJ Watt... I am not sure there's another pass rusher even worth $20m+/yr. That's an awful lot to drop on only one half of a pair.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aside from Aaron Donald, a healthy JJ Watt, Von Miller, and TJ Watt... I am not sure there's another pass rusher even worth $20m+/yr. That's an awful lot to drop on only one half of a pair.

hell there isnt even a lot of QBs worth 20 mil a year....  

damn inflation
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bad year to try to force a trade for more money lol. Draft Picks and Cap Space are at a premium.

Teams like Jets and Jags have the cap space to work a deal and Vikes create some cap room for maybe a 2nd round pick which is almost like a first as they pick early in round.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hell there isnt even a lot of QBs worth 20 mil a year....  

damn inflation

I can think of the Bear who was a Raider named Mack
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aside from Aaron Donald, a healthy JJ Watt, Von Miller, and TJ Watt... I am not sure there's another pass rusher even worth $20m+/yr. That's an awful lot to drop on only one half of a pair.
Id throw Joey Bosa in there too...hes probably better against the run than all these guys too exept Donald
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id throw Joey Bosa in there too...hes probably better against the run than all these guys too exept Donald

I thought about adding him to that list, briefly, but dude's only been healthy 2/5 seasons.

While I did add JJ Watt on my list, who also hasn't been healthy, his ceiling is leaps and bounds above Bosa's so far. 3x DPoY, 2x 20.0+ sacks... that's worth a bit of injury risk. I'd want potential like that if I was paying a guy $20m+/yr who hasn't been healthy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Won't happen, great player though. Just way too spendy. We need both OL and DL. Hunter would make the OL suffer.
Reply/Quote