Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinnie Rey/MJ
Anyone have any updated information on the severity of their injuries?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone have any updated information on the severity of their injuries?

Take this for what it's worth.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/10/18/9564677/bengals-vs-bills-marvin-lewis-optimistic-about-injured-players

Yeah, I know that it's Cincy Jungle, but it's the best thing I could find in a hurry.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Heard on the post game show that MJ's injury is a bone bruise. Isn't expected to miss any time. But we've heard that before with 'bone bruises'.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Hoping for a healthy Tazmanian Devil suited up for the stoolers game in the ketchup field.
Reply/Quote
Hobson's Quick Hits article indicated they both had sprains

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:58 PM)Rattler Wrote: Hoping for a healthy Tazmanian Devil suited up for the stoolers game in the ketchup field.

With one week pf practice? Setting yourself up for disappointment...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With one week pf practice? Setting yourself up for disappointment...

Yerp.  I'm personally not expecting to see him on the field for a while, and if we do, I don't know that he'll be very effective.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yerp.  I'm personally not expecting to see him on the field for a while, and if we do, I don't know that he'll be very effective.

Nice thing about the fast start is that there is zero reason to rush him.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update gents....I was pretty concerned with Vinnie being carted off.  I didn't realize he returned to the sidelines.  MJ being helped off didn't look good either.  This all sounds encouraging.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With one week pf practice? Setting yourself up for disappointment...

They can take their time with Tez. They are going to make sure he's fresh and ready for the stretch run to SB 50.
Reply/Quote
Burfcit isn't playing this year.

Calling it now.
Reply/Quote
Bye week will help everyone. Be nice to see Burfict back but I have a wavering feeling he won't be.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Yup....good time for the bye.  It's nice having your bye around the middle of the season.  Very early byes suck.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:42 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Burfcit isn't playing this year.

Calling it now.

x2
Reply/Quote

Calling it now.

(10-19-2015, 06:46 AM)Whacked Wrote: x2

I wouldn't go that far... There's still a lot of football left to play, and we could see him later. He hasn't even practiced yet so we don't know yet.
Reply/Quote
Maulauga/Hawk/Dawson is serviceable in the interim. Plus Chris Carter is lurking, and if he's as hungry now as he was in the preseason....
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:11 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Maulauga/Hawk/Dawson is serviceable in the interim. Plus Chris Carter is lurking, and if he's as hungry now as he was in the preseason....

Carter had a few snaps at DE after MJ went down. Couldn't really tell how well he played because the Bengals Dline was being held the ENTIRE game. I do know he was right there on the Dunlap sack.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Carter had a few snaps at DE after MJ went down. Couldn't really tell how well he played because the Bengals Dline was being held the ENTIRE game. I do know he was right there on the Dunlap sack.

It did indeed seem to me that he did bring alot of pressure that last series! 
Reply/Quote

Calling it now.

(10-19-2015, 06:46 AM)Whacked Wrote: x2

Just curious, but why do you say this?  All indications are that he has been working out and is recovering as expected.

Why do you think he will not play this year?
Reply/Quote

(10-18-2015, 10:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yerp.  I'm personally not expecting to see him on the field for a while, and if we do, I don't know that he'll be very effective.

You guys may be right, but I am really surprised that so many people are being so negative.

Remember when Whitworth missed the entire pre-season in 2013 and then played every regular season game having one of the best seasons of his career?
Reply/Quote