Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vonn to Panthers
(03-14-2023, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, they only made him the highest paid player in the history of the game 

And yet he still wants out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Rodgers has mommy daddy issues

Don't forget the brother issue!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 06:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I loved Uzomah but from a production stand point I was not concerned about replacing him. Lawson I was never very high on so I was fine with moving on. It is early still and we may bring in a solid player to replace Bell. But I think the two units that are the hardest to find the right pieces to Gel our Oline and secondary. I really felt like we got lucky with the unit we had. The writing was on the wall with Bates unfortunately but losing both is gonna hurt and I think we all have to expect the defense to take a step backwards no matter who we bring in at least initially.

I like Bells experience and understanding of the defense but he lacked athletic ability and forced us into a specific scheme.  A more athletic safety could result in different coverages and looks.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I like Bells experience and understanding of the defense but he lacked athletic ability and forced us into a specific scheme.  A more athletic safety could result in different coverages and looks.

Sure could. As shocked as I am by the NFL just poaching our guys there are ways we can improve from losing Bell and Perine no 
problem. Bell's smarts will be tough to replace though, same with Perine's toughness and pass blocking but Jamaal Williams has 
already been linked to us and he is a ton like Perine. Lots of younger Safeties out there too in Gardner-Johnson, Rapp and Love.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?   People were whining over us letting CJ walk and some complained about losing Lawson, Hurst and Trey were better.

I don't understand this immediate negative reaction until we see what might transpire?  It's not like you guys haven't been through multiple off-seasons...

That was the only one I regretted.   And I admit to a chronic pessimistic streak.  But I did have a feeling that they were getting ready to do something today.   And they sure as heck did.

Chalk it up to Bungles PTSD.    These are not my old Bengals.   The family has gone from steamships to hypersonic missiles.   I am completely stoked! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Rodgers has mommy daddy issues

Rep
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:34 PM)3wt Wrote: That was the only one I regretted.   And I admit to a chronic pessimistic streak.  But I did have a feeling that they were getting ready to do something today.   And they sure as heck did.

Chalk it up to Bungles PTSD.    These are not my old Bengals.   The family has gone from steamships to hypersonic missiles.   I am completely stoked! 

That's a fair assessment.  Mike Brown set the bar so low for so long, I get it.

Reply/Quote